Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Introduction
This plugin will add notification system to RMMV project. You can automate messages when player gains/loses exp/item/gold has level up etc.. Or you can show custom non-interrupting fading messages anytime via script call (for example when new chapter begins)!

This plugin is also integrated to (Yanfly) YEP_QuestJournal plugin, just make sure OcRam_Messages is below YEP_QuestJournal.

NOTE: REQUIRED FOLLOWING GRAPHICS!
./img/pictures/major_message_bg1.png​
./img/pictures/major_message_bg2.png​
./img/pictures/major_message_bg3.png​
./img/pictures/major_message_bg4.png​

AND IMAGE WIDTHS SHOULD BE SAME AS YOUR GAME HORIZONTAL RESOLUTION!
example: resolution is 1024px x 768px then image widths should be 1024px!
Use transparent bg if you don't want image drawn so wide.

new_msg_params.png

{$name} in this case is item name and {$value} is quantity.
ocram_messages_params2.png

All OcRam -plugins now available at ocram-codes.net

Please read:
Terms of Use

Latest version: Download from here

All my plugins: Check 'em out!

Example image for 'major message bg' template is edit from one (parallax) RTP asset. No need to credit OcRam if using this image. And image is 1104px wide because I use always 1104 x 624 resolution (near HD aspect ratio and divisible by grid size 48).

Attachments

• OcRam_Messages_Example.png
    OcRam_Messages_Example.png
    102 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@OcRam You might like to consider changing using your email address. The reason for that is that this site, like many others, is deep trawled by spam bots looking for them, and you will be flooded out with spam, trojans, phishing attempts etc. It would, I think, be better to suggest sending you a pm.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is this also compatable with the gameus quest journal? (the newest version of it)

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
is this also compatable with the gameus quest journal? (the newest version of it)
Thank you for the message,

It's not automatic as Yanfly, but messages can be called manually when quest is added/completed/failed etc.. I'll try to find time to make it automatic on gameus quest journal.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if its not automatic but can be manually, it would be good too, if automatic, its better, but if
there become an update for bugfixes, you can always try to implement that :) so no rush there.

OpenTangent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm getting this error on New Game. I've added the 4 images to the pictures folder and I've resized them to have a width of 1280 which is equal to my game's width.

Annotation 2020-07-09 080706.png

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A great plug-in, it would be better if it could display the icon of the item when it was lost or gained!

Found a problem, if you enter the main menu when the item message is popped up, the popup will be interrupted, and the message will not pop up in the future

Last edited:

id0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
A great plug-in, it would be better if it could display the icon of the item when it was lost or gained!

Found a problem, if you enter the main menu when the item message is popped up, the popup will be interrupted, and the message will not pop up in the future

If enter any menu actually. Did someone found solution?

OpenTangent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm also experiencing the menu bug in addition to the bug I mentioned before which happens when automated messages are enabled

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm getting this error on New Game. I've added the 4 images to the pictures folder and I've resized them to have a width of 1280 which is equal to my game's width.

View attachment 150652
I can't replicate this issue. Can you replicate this in new or my demo -project?

If enter any menu actually. Did someone found solution?

I'm also experiencing the menu bug in addition to the bug I mentioned before which happens when automated messages are enabled
Thank you for the messages,

First of all sorry for really late response. Some how I have missed 3 posts after my last update on this thread... Last post sent by @OpenTangent got my attention.

Messages are now processed after any scene in OcRam_Messages v1.03.

OpenTangent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah thanks for that @OcRam, I was worried I'd have to drop OcRam_Messages completely from my project. I re-enabled automated messages in OcRam_Messages to try reproduce the previous bug but it seems like it's all working now. I'm sot sure what changed but if the error happens again I'll see if I can narrow it down. Thanks again.

OpenTangent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam I've been loving the auto messages for gaining items, gold, etc. but I've just discovered that OcRam_Messages conflicts with SRD_SuperToolsEngine menu editor. Could I convince you to try to make the two plugins compatible?

OpenTangent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My apologies if I'm asking too much, I just really love OcRam_Messages and would hate to have to drop it from my project. If it's not possible to make it compatible with SRD_SuperToolsEngine would it be possible to explain to me how I might hook into the RMMV system functions when items/gold are acquired so that I can display my own messages when the player receives loot? I don't know if that would be difficult to explain, I'm just exploring all my options.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My apologies if I'm asking too much, I just really love OcRam_Messages and would hate to have to drop it from my project. If it's not possible to make it compatible with SRD_SuperToolsEngine would it be possible to explain to me how I might hook into the RMMV system functions when items/gold are acquired so that I can display my own messages when the player receives loot? I don't know if that would be difficult to explain, I'm just exploring all my options.
I have been quite busy for the past few weeks, what is the error with SRD_SuperToolsEngine? And I guess you have tried different plugin order?

If you want to hook items/gold gain/lose they would be (amount will be negative if lost gold / item):
Game_Party.prototype.gainGold
Game_Party.prototype.gainItem

OpenTangent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no console logged error unfortunately, the [Menu Editor] feature in SRD_SuperToolsEngine simply does nothing when clicked. It works again when OcRam_Messages is disabled.

I'll try working with those prototype methods, thanks

OpenTangent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just turned on OcRam_Messages again after using SRD_SuperToolsEngine for the past few days and now I get this error:
Screenshot 2021-03-28 174303.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just turned on OcRam_Messages again after using SRD_SuperToolsEngine for the past few days and now I get this error:
View attachment 184197
Hmmm... OcRam_Messages is not even triggering anywhere there? When does this happen (I have never used SRD_SuperToolsEngine) do you click menu or call some plugin command or something other?

OpenTangent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The exception is thrown on game start. I think the best way to resolve this is to create a blank project with both plugins but, of course, I understand that your work on MZ plugins takes priority at the moment. I hope you find time in future to investigate this incompatibility.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The worst part of game development has to be marketing. Ugh...
May be starting a new job in a month or so. The thought is both exciting and terrifying.
Not like a rollercoaster though. Rollercoasters are just terrifying.
"Merchants don't sell you a product. They sell you something RIGHT NOW. That's all they're selling, the product of having what you want RIGHT NOW and not having to wait for it."
I hope everyone at home doing well and be healthy
New characters were added!. Now the roster contains 8 heroes, 4 males 4 females(and they are even op). Featuring. Iluna , the Witch.

vvvvt2.png

(yeah, i know. Will be translated soooon.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodo