OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using the same one as before: VS Events and Movement Core.

It's free as part of the VS sample project - but it is obfuscated.
Thank you for the message,

Following comments works perfectly fine with VisuMZ_EventsMoveCore when using <Copy Event: [map_id], [event_id]> in event note field (templates also works just tested). ps. I have all VisuMZ -plugins imported before OcRam -plugins.
support.png

Visu Labels appear under overpass id View attachment 169326

I have tried to debug this (obfuscated code is hard to read). And I havn't yet found the correct layer for labels. But I will find it !!!

Edit: Ok... I found it, but in this case would need plain-text source code to alias their method to add Label window...

Last edited:

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey OcRam,

The <copy event> tag didn't occur to me and may work as a work around for my purposes.
I encountered the issue when using the plugin command which copies an event to a region.
I tested it in a brand new project. The <copy event> does seem to work OK.
The spawn event does not. Screen shot below of example.

I've also PMd you a link to a project showing it. In case that helps.

1606676633550.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey OcRam,

The <copy event> tag didn't occur to me and may work as a work around for my purposes.
I encountered the issue when using the plugin command which copies an event to a region.
I tested it in a brand new project. The <copy event> does seem to work OK.
The spawn event does not. Screen shot below of example.

I've also PMd you a link to a project showing it. In case that helps.

1st thing I see is that <light...> comment is on page 1 which won't be active (assuming that page 2 is triggered by self switch "A").

Move <light...> tag to page 2 and it should work ;)

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

1st thing I see is that <light...> comment is on page 1 which won't be active (assuming that page 2 is triggered by self switch "A").

Move <light...> tag to page 2 and it should work ;)
Oh geez, sorry. That light isn't the problem, I was showing the event spawning config.
And I uploaded a mini-project with just the stuff at issue because it might be easier to just see in action.

I think the <event copy> works because the event being modified exists when the map loads.
And since the event exists, the light data/object gets "attached" to it.
The event spawn plugin command creates a brand new event which is a copy from another map.
My suspicion is that since they don't exist when the maps loads, lights don't get "attached" to them.

If there's a reasonable way to fix this - maybe by re-init lights (like I asked for with the passability) on demand, then awesome. If it's a giant pain in the butt, I totally understand, and will simply plan around it.

The fact that you noted that <event copy> works has already made my life somewhat easier :)

Thanks again, for the awesome plugins.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh geez, sorry. That light isn't the problem, I was showing the event spawning config.
And I uploaded a mini-project with just the stuff at issue because it might be easier to just see in action.

I think the <event copy> works because the event being modified exists when the map loads.
And since the event exists, the light data/object gets "attached" to it.
The event spawn plugin command creates a brand new event which is a copy from another map.
My suspicion is that since they don't exist when the maps loads, lights don't get "attached" to them.

If there's a reasonable way to fix this - maybe by re-init lights (like I asked for with the passability) on demand, then awesome. If it's a giant pain in the butt, I totally understand, and will simply plan around it.

The fact that you noted that <event copy> works has already made my life somewhat easier :)

Thanks again, for the awesome plugins.

Yup. Brand new event didn't want any lights - also noticed that dir reset fails even without my plugins. Even re-init didn't help. Lights just wouldn't show on brand new events.

Reason to that was that $gameMap._events didn't include any spawned events. I have now released compatibility patch where this issue has been fixed.

OcRam_Lights v1.05 is now available for downloads!

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
oh wow! You are just plain awesome. Thanks for the patch, my initial tests work beautifully!

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ope noticed what I think is a small spelling mistake in the MZ core plugin info~

['Hello', 'World'].toLowerCase() // Convert all items to UPPER CASE
['Hello', 'World'].toLowerCase() // Convert all items to lower case

Attachments

• 1607531692814.png
    1607531692814.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 2

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ope noticed what I think is a small spelling mistake in the MZ core plugin info~

['Hello', 'World'].toLowerCase() // Convert all items to UPPER CASE
['Hello', 'World'].toLowerCase() // Convert all items to lower case
Thank you for the report,

Yeah should be toUpperCase(). This will be fixed in next version.

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, let's do this:

I've been trying to wrap my head around the weather plugin for a bit now.
Here are the questions I am still trying to figure out: no particular order, just kind of flowing from the mind...

1. How many times do I need to call the Plugin Command: OcRam_Weather_System, Enable Auto-Weather? Every Scene/Map where the weather might happen (Outdoors)? Once and it just keeps going? Can I call the Enabler at the beginning of the game and forget it? Does it need many plugin calls to setup before just hitting Enable or is everything in the plugin setup parameters?

2. How often does the Auto Weather check for changes? Will I get 2-3 kinds of weather on one map if I just stand there? Will it never change if not forced? What are the parameters there?

3. If the player walks from an indoors back out, does the weather need updating again? Does it carry over from map to map if I only called it once as in the example in question 1?

Sorry if those questions started getting all over the place, new ones popped in as I was thinking about them. haha.. the mind of a designer: all over the place sometimes.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, let's do this:

I've been trying to wrap my head around the weather plugin for a bit now.
Here are the questions I am still trying to figure out: no particular order, just kind of flowing from the mind...

1. How many times do I need to call the Plugin Command: OcRam_Weather_System, Enable Auto-Weather? Every Scene/Map where the weather might happen (Outdoors)? Once and it just keeps going? Can I call the Enabler at the beginning of the game and forget it? Does it need many plugin calls to setup before just hitting Enable or is everything in the plugin setup parameters?

2. How often does the Auto Weather check for changes? Will I get 2-3 kinds of weather on one map if I just stand there? Will it never change if not forced? What are the parameters there?

3. If the player walks from an indoors back out, does the weather need updating again? Does it carry over from map to map if I only called it once as in the example in question 1?

Sorry if those questions started getting all over the place, new ones popped in as I was thinking about them. haha.. the mind of a designer: all over the place sometimes.

1. The "Weather Enabled" switch stays enabled until it's disabled manually. So you can forget it after it's enabled.

2. Check plugin parameters there are weather duration and probabilty for each weather which effects for weather changing. Also "clear weather" chance effects this. Each map/tileset may have their own weather pools where weathers are pulled.

3. In indoor maps weather effects are disabled (except you can hear weather bgs with lower volume and see lightning flashes if not disabled totally in that map). Weather effects are global so no need to worry about that.

Example: it starts raining outdoors and system has decided it lasts for 2 hours and you go indoors for 1 hour then back to outdoors it will last 1 hour until next weather (or clear) is pulled from map/tileset pool.

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the information, good sir.

Alright, So simply start it and forget it. I'll double-check the parameters and find the length of time sections... I probably glazed over them without realizing it. Off to check it out.

Thanks again for the reply.

Kneeshaw

Kneeshaw Developments
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With VisuMZ_4_EncouterEffects, Setting $gamePlayer._higherLevel = true; turns the player invisible. So the Passage system tile passages work, but the visual is broken. The overpass tile turns the player _higherLevel on and they become invisible until they reach an underpass tile.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
With VisuMZ_4_EncouterEffects, Setting $gamePlayer._higherLevel = true; turns the player invisible. So the Passage system tile passages work, but the visual is broken. The overpass tile turns the player _higherLevel on and they become invisible until they reach an underpass tile.

It seems that VisuMZ_4_EncounterEffects is paywalled -plugin...

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you are willing to look into the bug I will purchase it for you/ send you payment.
Thank you for the offer,

But I can't promise it can be fixed (at reasonable amount of work) since all Visu -plugins are also obfuscated. But sure I will take a look at it (and will try to make it compatible with Passages) if I get price of that plugin.

Underserial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
is there a option that u do also shadows for the characters?
Like if i have a fireplace it throws a shadow for the char and events ?!

like:
View attachment 174359

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you are willing to look into the bug I will purchase it for you/ send you payment.
Good news @Kneeshaw !

I have now released version 1.06 which is totally compatible with Visu_4_EncounterEffects!
And @poorrabbit I have also declared OcRam.Passages.initSprites as public method in version 1.06.

+ Optimized a little bit event update() -method!

is there a option that u do also shadows for the characters?
Like if i have a fireplace it throws a shadow for the char and events ?!

like:
View attachment 174359

At the moment I don't have such plugin. Would be interesting project though! :p

Underserial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Good news @Kneeshaw !

I have now released version 1.06 which is totally compatible with Visu_4_EncounterEffects!
And @poorrabbit I have also declared OcRam.Passages.initSprites as public method in version 1.06.

+ Optimized a little bit event update() -method!

At the moment I don't have such plugin. Would be interesting project though! :p

i would support if you need some payment for it!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i would support if you need some payment for it!
Thank you for the offer,

I have planned to do OcRam_Light_EX which would be extension plugin for my lights plugin. It would include real-time shadows, character shadows and images as lights.

But like I said it's still at "drawing board" stage.

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm... now it is no longer compatible with:

+++ MOG - Char Shatter Effect (v1.0) +++

By Moghunter

Causes a

TypeError
Cannot read property 'clamp' of undefined

If the shatter effect goes off while OcRam_Passages is on as well...
Strange.
Just a heads up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png
Me: Imma work on my game! Let's get some progress done
Me, five minutes later smoking a cigarette: *screams into the void*
Just got back from work... I got to recommend a dish I liked to a group of senior ladies, and they said they'd order it for dessert! What was it? CHURROS! It's one of my favorite desserts at my workplace.
What's your favorite dessert? I'll eat any pastry with cinnamon and sugar, but especially churros. And then there's chocolate... omg, so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlgdumb