MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much for this solution poorrabbit! I spent over an hour trying to figure out the camera issue and didn't think to try that.

Also, Vizu updated their Core plugin to version 1.30 on March 19th and the issue still exists, if anyone else was wondering.

(Edit) After messing around a bit, looks like the VizuMZ_1_MainMenuCore custom menu will break if the "show in menu' option in either OcRam_Time or OcRam_Weather is on. This is with v1.09 of MainMenuCore, v1.05 of Time, and v1.02 of Weather.

I could not replicate these errors...
If you looked above for our portrait examples, you can see my weather is in the menu... which was taken after both updates...
I then tried again to replicate that bug -> still no luck here. What else do you have running? I run OcRam and VisuMZ plugins exclusively.
Here's my current attempts to get the two together to bug out:
Untitled-1.png

Nothing I did or tried caused your bug. Sorry... I wanted to help.

Now the Quality of Life Error: Yeah, that's still a thing. Makes debugging really slow when I have to go around the entire horn of the main menu and start a new game each time.. :yswt2:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello fellow RPG Makers! - It's update time (again) for OcRam MZ -plugins!

This time OcRam_Events got few level ups: Plug'n'Play "Pull & Push" - and "Lift, Drop & Throw" Systems! (video was made before systems were polished pull & push gets closer to objects etc..)
Also noticed that OcRam_Events must have "Save event position" feature via notetags or JS (and all pushable, pullable or liftable objects will autosave their positions)!

OcRam_Labels has evolved to OcRam_Indicators and swallowed also OcRam_Messages (as known in MV) in the process!

OcRam_Movement now includes faster (allows more iterations = smarter) path finding algorithm (same A-star (A*) algo with few modifications)! And speaking of stars this update brings you ANOTHER new (wish listed) plugin: OcRam_Star_Tile_Fix! (Guess the name says what it does?)

More details inside spoilers!

• TouchInput._mouseMidPressed & acts also as 100ms left click - Mainly used for pull & throw
  • OcRam.drawIcon(bitmap, icon_id, x, y) // To draw an icon to bitmap
  • String.height(font) // String height in pixels
  • Game_Event.touchedByActor() // Touched by any actor?
  • Game_Event.touchedByEvent(event_id) // Touched by specific event?
  • Game_Event.touchedByEvents() // Touched by another event?
  • Game_Event.touchedByAny() // Is event touched by any?
  • OcRam.playerActorId() // Returns player actor id!
  • OcRam.playerCharacter() // Returns event starter (preparing for coming Local_Coop update)
  • OcRam.isSelfSwitchOn([1,2],'A') // Self switch check
  • Support for VisuMZ "New game on start" QoL setting

• Support for VisuMZ "New game on start" QoL setting

Weather_System v1.02 - No changes made

• getHorzVert is now part of OcRam core.
  • Support for OcRam_Events (pull & push + lift & throw)
  • Optimized findDirectionTo algorithm >> More iterations in lesser time = SMARTER pathfind! Thus: "Block non-passable goal" has become obsolete!

• Pull & Push System
    • Make ANY event pullable and/or pushable EASILY with event comments (event page specific)!
    • MOUSE SUPPORT (requires 3 button mouse): Push mouse left button & pull mouse middle button (and of course has keyboard/gamepad support)!
    • Seamless integration with OcRam_Passages to allow MULTI-LEVEL push & pull dungeons!
    • Create Zelda like items (power glove etc...) or require some actor or maybe skill?? (imagination is the limit here) to allow pushing/pulling of some objects! Just make IF check and use *Exit Event Processing* BEFORE <push&pull> comment!
    • Or then just use event pages to check some variable or switch to allow push & pull for this event.
  • Lift, Drop & Throw System
    • Make ANY event liftable and/or throwable EASILY with event comments (event page specific)!
    • MOUSE SUPPORT (requires 3 button mouse): Lift with mouse left, drop with mouse right and THROW with mouse middle button (and of course has keyboard/gamepad support)!
    • Includes object 'Break Switch' to activate page when object has landed (thrown or dropped from heights!) this enables you to do breakable (maybe cracks a bit on first throw before total breakdown?) pots (and maybe spawns loot sometimes?) or even exploding barrels! - Or hey what about jar full of WORMS/SPIDERS when jar breaks?!
    • If you define throw range to 0 this object can't be thrown only lift/drop is allowed.
    • Seamless integration with OcRam_Passages to allow MULTI-LEVEL lift, drop & throw dungeons!
    • Create Zelda like items (power glove etc...) or require some actor or maybe skill?? (imagination is the limit here) to allow lifting/throwing of some objects! Just make IF check and use *Exit Event Processing* BEFORE <lift...> comment!
    • Or then just use event pages to check some variable or switch to allow push & pull for this event.
  • NEW FEATURE: Save event positions via event notetags <save_position> (or with JS event._savePosition = true/false/undefined)

• Game_Event.touchedByActor moved to OcRam_Core
  • Fixed bug on load when followers follow: OFF didn't load followers xy pos correctly!

Audio v1.00 - No changes made

• Occasionally appeared "forEach of null" bug has been fixed.
  • Game_Character.isLit() // Character has lights on?

Layers v1.01 - No changes made

OcRam_Labels has evolved to OcRam_Indicators and swallowed also OcRam_Messages (as known in MV) in the process!

There are 3 types of indicators:
  • Labels (show label above event - may have proximity sensor)
    • Used to make finding specific places and characters easier
    • NOT depended on event page - Hidden only when event is...
    • Only on gamemap & plain text (no icons)
  • Messages (temporary fading messages)
    • Used for loot messages, new chapter messages etc...
    • May have icons
    • Can be used via JS: $gameScreen.showMessage(...) or event.showMessage(...) // for minor messages only!
    • Messages are divided into 2 sub types
      • Minor (text - simoultanous and fading, only on gamemap)
      • Major (fullscreen, queued (1 at the time) + blocks menu)
  • Action tooltips (indicates action on interact)
    • Show indicator when near this event - Use plugin parameters to change "near" behaviour (radius, must face event etc...)
    • Indicators are event PAGE specific!
    • Usable only via templates (check plugin parameters)
    • Only on gamemap & may have icons

• Compatibility patch for OcRam_Events throw & lift system!
  • If character is on underpass region id > autoAssign = low
  • Game_Character.setFloorLevel('high'/'low'/'auto');

NPC_Scheduler v1.00 - No changes made

All who have used larger than 1 tile sprites, have propably strugled with star (*) tiles. Star (*) tiles are ALWAYS drawn above characters even if character stands in FRONT of it.

This plugin will fix star tiles Z index based on Y coordinates! Plug'n'play - no settings, terrain tags nor painting regions!

(Credits for @camac93 for tests)

Happy RPG Making!

Gurkengelee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey OcRam, when I use your Core and Lighting Plugin (alongside a bunch of VisuStella Plugins) I get the following error whenever I try to load a save:

"TypeError Cannot read property 'r' of null"

Starting a new game works fine, just loading a save does not.

Edit: Seemed to have found the problem. I had a common event that ran on gamestart that set Player Light to Light Type 0. I changed it to Light Type 1 and now everything runs smoothly. Weird.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey OcRam, when I use your Core and Lighting Plugin (alongside a bunch of VisuStella Plugins) I get the following error whenever I try to load a save:

Edit: Seemed to have found the problem. I had a common event that ran on gamestart that set Player Light to Light Type 0. I changed it to Light Type 1 and now everything runs smoothly. Weird.
Thank you for the report,

I will take a closer look to this anyways.

Edit: Bug (set player light type to 0 and save >> load) is there even without Visu -plugins and will be fixed in next version.

Last edited:

OverTheTop123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Yeah! I also had this issue, but I couldn't find the Common Event that made this occur, I'm sort of stuck trying to figure out how to fix this issue because it's making playtesting difficult haha. I'll try your suggestion and make Light Type 1 (although it looks slightly weird with a daytime map).

Oh, good to know that bug should be good in the next version! Thank you!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.
TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utotsu