Rex Tenebris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tested exactly same tree formations with my own project. I use autotiling/layering mainly, but had to force few layers where orange zero is shown (see picture). Mentioned issue must have something to do with layers if they do not follow "auto tile layer logics".

View attachment 198929

I'll try to check if I could make "Custom time window pos in menu" feature at the same time when "just time shown" feature is done.
Thank you. Regarding the tree formation, I began to draw from above to bottom the trees, you know sometimes the glitches happens for weird reasons.

You can notice the issue better if instead of the RTP trees, you use for example 3-tile tall trees.
1629281271146.png

This one is directly from my project.

Please mention me here when this issue and/or the time window one is fixed.
:D

boikish

Always trying to help :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey @OcRam thanks for the fantastic library of plugins. I'm having an issue with the Lights plugin.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but if I wanted to make a particular map darker, so that they player can only see what is close to them or other light sources, I create the following event:
1629301033683.png

This works fine for the first map. But if I put the same event on an adjacent map with an attempt to light it, I'm still in the dark.
1629301077649.png

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here. Any input would be appreciated.

I'm using the VisuStella library as well, in case there is a known conflict.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey @OcRam thanks for the fantastic library of plugins. I'm having an issue with the Lights plugin.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but if I wanted to make a particular map darker, so that they player can only see what is close to them or other light sources, I create the following event:
View attachment 198991

This works fine for the first map. But if I put the same event on an adjacent map with an attempt to light it, I'm still in the dark.
View attachment 198992

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here. Any input would be appreciated.

I'm using the VisuStella library as well, in case there is a known conflict.
Thank you for the message,

I have all free Visu plugins supported - no issues known with lights... Also plugin commands seems to be valid...

Are you sure there is no other event turning light bg black again? And are plugins up-to-date? And what is MZ core script version?

boikish

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for the message,

I have all free Visu plugins supported - no issues known with lights... Also plugin commands seems to be valid...

Are you sure there is no other event turning light bg black again? And are plugins up-to-date? And what is MZ core script version?
Definitely no other event. Made a new map to verify.

I downloaded all of the plugins from your website yesterday. Assuming that would be the best place to have them up to date.

rmmz_core is 1.3.2.

Should these be in any particular order? Maybe that's the issue:
1629309313088.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Definitely no other event. Made a new map to verify.

I downloaded all of the plugins from your website yesterday. Assuming that would be the best place to have them up to date.

rmmz_core is 1.3.2.

Should these be in any particular order? Maybe that's the issue:
View attachment 199003
Yep. That might be it.

Official plugin order (taken from my development demo project).
  1. OcRam_Core
  2. OcRam_Battle_Core (not released yet)
  3. OcRam_Time_System
  4. OcRam_Weather_System
  5. OcRam_Movement
  6. OcRam_Events
  7. OcRam_Followers
  8. OcRam_Audio
  9. OcRam_Lights
  10. OcRam_Layers
  11. OcRam_Indicators
  12. OcRam_Passages
  13. OcRam_NPC_Scheduler
  14. OcRam_Star_Tile_Fix
  15. OcRam_Local_Coop

boikish

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is quite odd.

• Corrected the plugin order - Didn't work
  • Turned off all other plugins - Didn't work
  • Tried different versions of the plugins - Didn't work
  • Created a brand new project - Worked
I'm wondering what could have changed within my project to cause this to happen, even with all plugins off. Going to do some further troubleshooting on my end. Will keep you posted if I deduce anything.

Thanks again!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is quite odd.

• Corrected the plugin order - Didn't work
  • Turned off all other plugins - Didn't work
  • Tried different versions of the plugins - Didn't work
  • Created a brand new project - Worked
I'm wondering what could have changed within my project to cause this to happen, even with all plugins off. Going to do some further troubleshooting on my end. Will keep you posted if I deduce anything.

Thanks again!
Just thought: Maybe common event?

SonaGate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NPC Scheduler looks awesome but man i don't understand anything lmao

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
NPC Scheduler looks awesome but man i don't understand anything lmao
Thank you for the feedback!

I think I'll need to make some kind of guide where things are explained from the start to the end.

Only thing that stands in a way to make this is time... I need to push time system improvement and major battle update first :wink:

SonaGate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I think I'll need to make some kind of guide where things are explained from the start to the end.

Only thing that stands in a way to make this is time... I need to push time system improvement and major battle update first :wink:
Trying little by little I'm understanding it better, but I don't know how to link 2 events.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Trying little by little I'm understanding it better, but I don't know how to link 2 events.
I'm not surprised that is one of the most difficult things to do.

ATM best place to study that is my demo project (fisherman and his wife are linked between several maps. Also bartender goes home at the morning :wink: )

SonaGate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not surprised that is one of the most difficult things to do.

ATM best place to study that is my demo project (fisherman and his wife are linked between several maps. Also bartender goes home at the morning :wink: )
When an event goes from one point to another when the phase of the day changes, does it use the MZ auto path? Because it gets stuck on things

Edit: I had an event that interfered with the best possible path, so the game tried to take another route but it didn't work well.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When an event goes from one point to another when the phase of the day changes, does it use the MZ auto path? Because it gets stuck on things

Edit: I had an event that interfered with the best possible path, so the game tried to take another route but it didn't work well.
It uses findDirectioTo and has few modifications to canPass (example may pass player and other moving events) to avoid jams in moveroute.

However it is game devs job to make sure that moveroute isn't filled with static non-passable events and also paths shouldn't be "too" complicated (testing and more testing)...

Example "old man" in my demo -project is testing limits in complicated move route if he goes to the beach (random schedule).

Edit: though I have tested even more complicated routes successfully.

If you are using OcRam_Passages and long paths, events may get stuck when shortest way is different between two floor levels. In this case I have blocked some routes (for events only). I might need to fix this some how (without breaking Passages) in the future.

Last edited:

Padramyr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

If you need help with a guide, let me know. I could try to write one - but you would need to check it when I'm finished to make sure I understood everything correctly (and maybe correct some grammatical mistakes, but that could also do someone else). This way you could focus on improving things and wouldn't have to bother with writing that ;)

r66r

Fantasy dreamer... sometimes.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you need help with a guide, let me know. I could try to write one
And if you need someone to test and get feedback on the guide, let me know too. I'm planning to dive into setting up this plugin soon for my game (no time constraints for now). So this could be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone! :ewink:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you need help with a guide, let me know. I could try to write one - but you would need to check it when I'm finished to make sure I understood everything correctly (and maybe correct some grammatical mistakes, but that could also do someone else). This way you could focus on improving things and wouldn't have to bother with writing that ;)
That would be awesome! I can check technical stuff, but my english skills are kind of lacking :)

I could attach finished guide to this thread if it's ok.
And if you need someone to test and get feedback on the guide, let me know too. I'm planning to dive into setting up this plugin soon for my game (no time constraints for now). So this could be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone! :ewink:
And even better if it is tested by someone that hasn't created the plugin!

Now we only need master of english!

r66r

Fantasy dreamer... sometimes.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
About the OcRam_Time_System plugin, in a future version, do you think it would be possible to make the time units more configurable. It seems to me that this is already the case for seasons, months, number of days per month and days of the week, but not for hours and minutes.

If this plugin works well for "terrestrial" times, it would be interesting to be able to use it also for times in more fantastic worlds, with days shorter or longer than 24 hours, hours other than 60 minutes, years with more or less seasons and months, etc.

What do you think about it?

jjraymonds

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi OcRam! I'm moving from MV to MZ and I'm getting used to your new parallax plugin. I think I'm doing something wrong- but I'm not sure what. I'm using the layers to paint light into my scenes for day/night lighting.

Currently I have my folders set up to be like this:
1630102692230.png
1630102796919.png

When I run the following plugin command the following error shows up in the console, I tried naming my files without the ".png" in them but it hasn't seemed to change anything.

1630102968280.png1630102990630.png1630103060201.png

So it seems like it can't find the files? What am I doing wrong? o_O

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi OcRam! I'm moving from MV to MZ and I'm getting used to your new parallax plugin. I think I'm doing something wrong- but I'm not sure what. I'm using the layers to paint light into my scenes for day/night lighting.

Currently I have my folders set up to be like this:

When I run the following plugin command the following error shows up in the console, I tried naming my files without the ".png" in them but it hasn't seemed to change anything.

So it seems like it can't find the files? What am I doing wrong? o_O
Thank you for the message!

Last / slash is missing - it should be: /img/pictures/lighting/

I will fix this to next version so it doesn't matter if you put last slash or ommit it.

Edit (because double posts are not allowed?):
About the OcRam_Time_System plugin, in a future version, do you think it would be possible to make the time units more configurable. It seems to me that this is already the case for seasons, months, number of days per month and days of the week, but not for hours and minutes.

If this plugin works well for "terrestrial" times, it would be interesting to be able to use it also for times in more fantastic worlds, with days shorter or longer than 24 hours, hours other than 60 minutes, years with more or less seasons and months, etc.

What do you think about it?
@r66r good idea! I'll take a look at this.

Last edited:

jjraymonds

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the message!

Last / slash is missing - it should be: /img/pictures/lighting/

I will fix this to next version so it doesn't matter if you put last slash or ommit it.

Edit (because double posts are not allowed?):

@r66r good idea! I'll take a look at this.
Doh! Thanks!! :biggrin: I think I might have a new problem now though? So I tried adding the last "/" and it worked!

But when I tried to use the plugin commands to draw a different image I get this error again:
1630169196678.png

If I put the pictures back in the main "img/picture/" folder it works fine. So right now I have two plugin commands- one that draws the closed curtain lighting, and one that draws the open one. The open one works fine! It still looks in the "img/pictures/lighting/" folder no problem.

The new command that results in the error above in this post.
1630169438561.png
The old command that had been fixed when adding that extra "/"
1630169516593.png
Here are all the files in the same location:
1630169673917.png
Plugin Settings:
1630169735693.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's opening, now fully polished! :LZScheeze:

Aaand, here's me working on it in today's "Game Making Every Day" video! :LZSooo:

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oneesama