Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello fellow RPG Makers!

This is semi "biggish" update for OcRam_Time_System and there has been several posts and emails about next update to Time System so I have decided to pre-release this before my next major update where new OcRam battle core will be introduced.

OcRam_Time_System v1.09
  • Added new Date format [None] - If only time is used (Credits to @Killuki Zaoldyeck )
  • Added menu time window custom position parameter(s) (Credits to Killuki Zaoldyeck)
  • Added new Date format [Weekdays + time]
  • New plugin parameter "Time" caption
  • New plugin parameter to force time window layout to horizontal (wide) or vertical (tall)
  • Fixed bug: Spamming menu won't freeze time anymore (Especially with VisuMZ menu)!
  • Hours per day and minutes per hour are now configurable! (Credits to @r66r )
  • "Stop time on interact" won't freeze time anymore on map transfer (Credits to Dustin)
Shot 1: New "Date format" options!
release1.png

Shot 2: For option "[None] - I use only time" in menu
release2.png

And then latest post: @jjraymonds I can't see trace to OcRam_Layers in log window? Are you sure that it's Layers -plugin that causes that line in log? I don't see any reason why Layers plugin would search in different folder than it's defined in parameters... All bitmap loads to layers runs through this function:
Code:
ImageManager.loadOC_Layer = function (filename) {
    return this.loadBitmap(_layerImgDir, filename, 0, true);
};

jjraymonds

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello fellow RPG Makers!

This is semi "biggish" update for OcRam_Time_System and there has been several posts and emails about next update to Time System so I have decided to pre-release this before my next major update where new OcRam battle core will be introduced.

OcRam_Time_System v1.09
  • Added new Date format [None] - If only time is used (Credits to @Killuki Zaoldyeck )
  • Added menu time window custom position parameter(s) (Credits to Killuki Zaoldyeck)
  • Added new Date format [Weekdays + time]
  • New plugin parameter "Time" caption
  • New plugin parameter to force time window layout to horizontal (wide) or vertical (tall)
  • Fixed bug: Spamming menu won't freeze time anymore (Especially with VisuMZ menu)!
  • Hours per day and minutes per hour are now configurable! (Credits to @r66r )
  • "Stop time on interact" won't freeze time anymore on map transfer (Credits to Dustin)
Shot 1: New "Date format" options!
View attachment 199879

Shot 2: For option "[None] - I use only time" in menu
View attachment 199880

And then latest post: @jjraymonds I can't see trace to OcRam_Layers in log window? Are you sure that it's Layers -plugin that causes that line in log? I don't see any reason why Layers plugin would search in different folder than it's defined in parameters... All bitmap loads to layers runs through this function:
Code:
ImageManager.loadOC_Layer = function (filename) {
    return this.loadBitmap(_layerImgDir, filename, 0, true);
};
I'm not entirely sure, that was the error I had with the first image in my post as well so I figured it was related to your plugin. The error doesn't show up when I draw the first parallax after changing the filepath.

r66r

Fantasy dreamer... sometimes.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @OcRam

After several tests with the OcRam_Time_System plugin, I noticed that the "Stop time in battles" parameter had no effect. Indeed, the time stops during the fights no matter if the parameter is true or false.

On the battle start.
BattleStart.png

On the battle end.
BattleEnd.png

The full log during the battle process.
BattleLog.png

It seems from the logs that somewhere in the code, a call is made to "window.clearInterval" and stops the time, even if it is well initialized at the beginning of the battle:
  • setInterval: 7 is called during the "Scene_Battle_initialize" process
  • clearInterval: 7 is where the problem happens
  • clearInterval: undefined is called during the "Scene_Battle_terminate" process
Code:
    this.extend(Scene_Battle, "initialize", function () {
        console.log("Scene_Battle_initialize - start", _stopTimeInBattles);
        if (!_stopTimeInBattles) initTimer();
        _this["Scene_Battle_initialize"].apply(this, arguments);
        console.log("Scene_Battle_initialize - stop", _stopTimeInBattles);
    });

// Clear timer
    this.extend(Scene_Battle, "terminate", function () {
        console.log("Scene_Battle_terminate - start", _stopTimeInBattles);
        if (!_stopTimeInBattles) {
            _this.debug("clearInterval:", window._OC_Timer);
            window.clearInterval(window._OC_Timer); window._OC_Timer = undefined;
        } _this["Scene_Battle_terminate"].apply(this, arguments);
        console.log("Scene_Battle_terminate - stop", _stopTimeInBattles);
    });

BattleLogDetail.png

I hope it will help to correct this issue.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @OcRam

After several tests with the OcRam_Time_System plugin, I noticed that the "Stop time in battles" parameter had no effect. Indeed, the time stops during the fights no matter if the parameter is true or false.

On the battle start.
View attachment 202178

On the battle end.
View attachment 202179

The full log during the battle process.
View attachment 202180

It seems from the logs that somewhere in the code, a call is made to "window.clearInterval" and stops the time, even if it is well initialized at the beginning of the battle:
  • setInterval: 7 is called during the "Scene_Battle_initialize" process
  • clearInterval: 7 is where the problem happens
  • clearInterval: undefined is called during the "Scene_Battle_terminate" process
Code:
    this.extend(Scene_Battle, "initialize", function () {
        console.log("Scene_Battle_initialize - start", _stopTimeInBattles);
        if (!_stopTimeInBattles) initTimer();
        _this["Scene_Battle_initialize"].apply(this, arguments);
        console.log("Scene_Battle_initialize - stop", _stopTimeInBattles);
    });

// Clear timer
    this.extend(Scene_Battle, "terminate", function () {
        console.log("Scene_Battle_terminate - start", _stopTimeInBattles);
        if (!_stopTimeInBattles) {
            _this.debug("clearInterval:", window._OC_Timer);
            window.clearInterval(window._OC_Timer); window._OC_Timer = undefined;
        } _this["Scene_Battle_terminate"].apply(this, arguments);
        console.log("Scene_Battle_terminate - stop", _stopTimeInBattles);
    });

View attachment 202181

I hope it will help to correct this issue.
Thank you for the message,

I'll check this before next update.

VaiJack8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! I have an issue, I'm sure is a stupid one because I know nothing about js

I'm trying to add MOG_Weather_EX weathers to the supportive weathers in your weather script, but after I've configured the command's arguments my game crashes when the weather is called (see console log for more info).

What I know is that the argument causing the crash contains a space, but the original plugin gives no infos on how to write it out correctly. I'll add MOG_Weather_EX as well so you can check it out if you want. Here's the arguments I used (the spaced argument is Rain 1): {id:0, mode:Rain 1, power:120, z:normal, blendType:normal, fileName:Rain_01A, speed:300, scale:75}

Attachments

• 2021-09-28 17_54_20-Window.png
    2021-09-28 17_54_20-Window.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 2
  • MOG_Weather_EX.js
    96 KB · Views: 0

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! I have an issue, I'm sure is a stupid one because I know nothing about js

I'm trying to add MOG_Weather_EX weathers to the supportive weathers in your weather script, but after I've configured the command's arguments my game crashes when the weather is called (see console log for more info).

What I know is that the argument causing the crash contains a space, but the original plugin gives no infos on how to write it out correctly. I'll add MOG_Weather_EX as well so you can check it out if you want. Here's the arguments I used (the spaced argument is Rain 1): {id:0, mode:Rain 1, power:120, z:normal, blendType:normal, fileName:Rain_01A, speed:300, scale:75}
Try to wrap parameters (at least text typed ones) in quotes like: {id:0, mode:"Rain 1", power:120, z:"normal", blendType:"normal", fileName:"Rain_01A", speed:300, scale:75}

VaiJack8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try to wrap parameters (at least text typed ones) in quotes like: {id:0, mode:"Rain 1", power:120, z:"normal", blendType:"normal", fileName:"Rain_01A", speed:300, scale:75}
It worked perfectly. Thank you so much and sorry for my noviceness. Thank you for your plugins too :v

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krawm