OcRam - Parallels plugin [v1.00 updated 2018/04/14]

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by OcRam, Apr 12, 2018.

1. OcRam

OcRam Servant of the Universe Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Introduction
    Sometimes autorun events are not enough to do the job. What I ment by that? Usually these events are erased and will not be called again after menu nor battle scene (also will freeze the game if not erased).

And then there are parallel events which are executed in EVERY frame (may cause lag and undesired slow downs)! Of course wait command can be used here, but what if I want to execute commands IMMEDIATLY after ANY scene ONLY ONCE? Where is possibility to do that?

Or what if parallels needs to be run ONCE only if variable id x or switch id y is changed (for example check if hours variable is changed)?

The answer is OcRam_Parallels -Plugin!

This plugin has no parameters nor commands. Use event COMMENTS to enable "Run once" functionality to parallel events.
    • <run_once> (parallel will run ONCE after ANY scene)
    • <trigger_var:1:2:5:> (parallel will run ONCE only if variable id 1, 2 or 5 is changed)
    • <trigger_sw:1:4:76:> (parallel will run ONCE only if switch id 1, 4 or 76 is changed)
    parallels.png

Terms of Use
    Non-commercial & commercial use: Free to use with credits to 'OcRam' for using 'Parallels' plugin.
    If you want to support my work, I am accepting optional donations via PayPal (https://paypal.me/MarkoPaakkunainen)

Version history
    2018/04/14 v1.00
    - Initial release

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Acer2020 likes this.
  2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you please explain to me how this is different than running a common event after a scene?

3. OcRam

OcRam Servant of the Universe Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1. For example some plugins may have commands to trigger various things on specific MAP events (not common). And they need to be called after any scene or when some variable(s)/switch(es) has changed.
    2. Personally I don't like to create common events if it is used only on specific map (common events would get REALLY bloated)
    3. Also havn't figured out how to call events (with editor features) when some of the variables/switches are changed without using parallels (which would trigger every frame without this plugin)?
    I hope this gave answer your question.

EDIT: I have made video to show plugin in action:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018