Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Introduction
Sometimes autorun events are not enough to do the job. What I ment by that? Usually these events are erased and will not be called again after menu nor battle scene (also will freeze the game if not erased).

And then there are parallel events which are executed in EVERY frame (may cause lag and undesired slow downs)! Of course wait command can be used here, but what if I want to execute commands IMMEDIATLY after ANY scene ONLY ONCE? Where is possibility to do that?

Or what if parallels needs to be run ONCE only if variable id x or switch id y is changed (for example check if hours variable is changed)?

The answer is OcRam_Parallels -Plugin!

This plugin has no parameters nor commands. Use event COMMENTS to enable "Run once" functionality to parallel events.
  • <run_once> (parallel will run ONCE after ANY scene)
  • <trigger_var:1:2:5:> (parallel will run ONCE only if variable id 1, 2 or 5 is changed)
  • <trigger_sw:1:4:76:> (parallel will run ONCE only if switch id 1, 4 or 76 is changed)
parallels.png

All OcRam -plugins now available at ocram-codes.net

Please read:
Terms of Use

Latest version: Download from here

All my plugins: Check 'em out!

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you please explain to me how this is different than running a common event after a scene?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you please explain to me how this is different than running a common event after a scene?
  1. For example some plugins may have commands to trigger various things on specific MAP events (not common). And they need to be called after any scene or when some variable(s)/switch(es) has changed.
  2. Personally I don't like to create common events if it is used only on specific map (common events would get REALLY bloated)
  3. Also havn't figured out how to call events (with editor features) when some of the variables/switches are changed without using parallels (which would trigger every frame without this plugin)?
I hope this gave answer your question.

EDIT: I have made video to show plugin in action:

Last edited:

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam

Found this script when you created you site. Very useful in some situations.

Is this still working? I've tried with an empty project and it doesn't seems to be working anymore.

1592073609041.png

It keeps showing the message like a normal parallel event

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@OcRam

Found this script when you created you site. Very useful in some situations.

Is this still working? I've tried with an empty project and it doesn't seems to be working anymore.

View attachment 147586

It keeps showing the message like a normal parallel event
Thank you for the message,

Hmm... that's strange... Comment seems valid...

Yes this plugin should still work... Are you using v1.01 available in ocram-codes.net or this one here in forums? (I have not yet updated all of my plugins here)

PresaDePrata

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using this one here. I guess that's it. I'll download it from your site to see if it works.

EDIT: I've downloaded the one from your site, called OcRam_Parallels_EX. Here's what happens:

In my current project, where i have a dozen Yanfly's scripts, it simply doesn't work. Setting an event with <trigger_var:1:> comment prevents the event from ever running. I assume is some kind of conflict with Yanfly's core or event scripts. I not asking for a patch or anything like it, just thought you'd like to know.

In a fresh project, if i set <trigger_var:1:> on a parallel event, it keeps running like a normal parallel event. The same goes to <trigger_var:1> (notice the absence of the last colon). However if a set <trigger_var:1:2> or <trigger_var:1:2:> the parallel event runs once the game is open and only after the variable 1 or 2 is changed. Which i believe is the correct way it should work.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using this one here. I guess that's it. I'll download it from your site to see if it works.

EDIT: I've downloaded the one from your site, called OcRam_Parallels_EX. Here's what happens:

In my current project, where i have a dozen Yanfly's scripts, it simply doesn't work. Setting an event with <trigger_var:1:> comment prevents the event from ever running. I assume is some kind of conflict with Yanfly's core or event scripts. I not asking for a patch or anything like it, just thought you'd like to know.

In a fresh project, if i set <trigger_var:1:> on a parallel event, it keeps running like a normal parallel event. The same goes to <trigger_var:1> (notice the absence of the last colon). However if a set <trigger_var:1:2> or <trigger_var:1:2:> the parallel event runs once the game is open and only after the variable 1 or 2 is changed. Which i believe is the correct way it should work.
Thank you for the report,

I have now released Parallels_EX v1.02 in my website

All OcRam -plugins now available at ocram-codes.net

Please read:
Terms of Use

Latest version: Download from here

All my plugins: Check 'em out!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
unknown.png

"Fight me."
I'll finally wash my clothes today!
SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmBee