Beachsidey0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried that on my demo project and worked like a charm. What is the version of RMMV core?

And what about plugin versions? And since both plugins reads event comments both comments should be individual comments (didn't crash though even if it was in same comment just didn't show icon for me).
ps. I placed Galv's plugin below all of my plugins.
Maybe I'll try moving it below your plugins, I think it might just also a leveling set issue I have a region id of 16 when you first enter the place I have my event because its a downstairs location so it could be that. Placing the plugin below all of yours made it work thanks.

Last edited:

CloudzChow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all for your messages I have been busy with my RMMZ demo -project, but now that I got it done I'll take a some time to MV again.

To take a look at compatibility issues I'll need download link to plugin which needs to be fixed. Usually fixes ain't that hard to do, but if it's too much work (more than 4 - 6 hours) I prefer to focus on MZ.

@CloudzChow try to put <lower> comment on event (make sure it's on active page)

Ok! I'll try it out! And what do you mean by active page?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok! I'll try it out! And what do you mean by active page?
By active page I mean the event page that fills all conditions with greatest index. And if event needs to be forced to lower floor level in all pages then <lower> comment must be in all pages.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While it's a been a while, I need to update the plugin to the latest, but also
have a minor question.

if the plugin is updates, it is also in the demo updated?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
While it's a been a while, I need to update the plugin to the latest, but also
have a minor question.

if the plugin is updates, it is also in the demo updated?
Thank you for reminding me to update demo also ;p

So answer for your question is nope. Demo -project might have older version of some plugins than in plugin list.

CloudzChow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By active page I mean the event page that fills all conditions with greatest index. And if event needs to be forced to lower floor level in all pages then <lower> comment must be in all pages.
Thanks! It's now working like a charm ^w^/

Warpholomey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam Hi! I guess I found an interesting bug.

Engine version — MV 1.6.2, plugin version — 4.10.

Setup:
1) Two maps, connected with transfer event.
2) Player starts on first map.
3) Second map contains event with "same as character" priority, so it would block passage through it.
4) This event also have <higher> comment so the player will pass under it.

Expected behavior:
1) Start game, go to the menu and save (important), transfer to the second map.
2) The player's character can go under the event with a comment.

Actual behavior:
The event blocks the passage, as if it were on the same level as player.

Everything works as it should, if you don't save the game first!

I attach an archive with an example where the bug is reproduced (there are no /img/ and /audio/ folders in the archive).

Attachments

• Test.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

Warpholomey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did a bit of debugging.

I'm sure this happening because we are writing the variables _passageHigh and _passageLow to $gameSystem before saving:

JavaScript:
// Save passages data
this.extend(Game_System, "onBeforeSave", function () {
    this.savePassageData(); _this["Game_System_onBeforeSave"].apply(this, arguments);
});

…but not clearing them after saving (as we do when starting the map / loading game):

JavaScript:
// Refresh tiles on scene changes
this.extend(Scene_Map, "start", function () {
    _this["Scene_Map_start"].apply(this, arguments);
    if (SceneManager._scene) {
        if (SceneManager._scene._mapFusion) {
            if (!SceneManager._scene._spriteset) {
                SceneManager._scene._spriteset = SceneManager._scene._mapFusion._spriteset;
            }
        }
    } initSprites(); // <--- Here we call loadPassageData inside initSprites!
});

…

this.extend(Game_System, "onAfterLoad", function () {
    this.loadPassageData(); _this["Game_System_onAfterLoad"].apply(this, arguments);
});

Therefore, the wrong parameters is loaded on map transition.

It can be fixed, for example, like this:

JavaScript:
    this.extend(Scene_Save, "onSaveSuccess", function () {
        $gameSystem.clearPassageData(); _this["Scene_Save_onSaveSuccess"].apply(this, arguments);
    });

this.extend(Scene_Save, "onSaveFailure", function () {
        $gameSystem.clearPassageData(); _this["Scene_Save_onSaveFailure"].apply(this, arguments);
    });

Game_System.prototype.clearPassageData = function() {
        this._passageHigh = []; this._passageLow = [];
    }

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I did a bit of debugging.

I'm sure this happening because we are writing the variables _passageHigh and _passageLow to $gameSystem before saving:

JavaScript:
// Save passages data
this.extend(Game_System, "onBeforeSave", function () {
    this.savePassageData(); _this["Game_System_onBeforeSave"].apply(this, arguments);
});

…but not clearing them after saving (as we do when starting the map / loading game):

JavaScript:
// Refresh tiles on scene changes
this.extend(Scene_Map, "start", function () {
    _this["Scene_Map_start"].apply(this, arguments);
    if (SceneManager._scene) {
        if (SceneManager._scene._mapFusion) {
            if (!SceneManager._scene._spriteset) {
                SceneManager._scene._spriteset = SceneManager._scene._mapFusion._spriteset;
            }
        }
    } initSprites(); // <--- Here we call loadPassageData inside initSprites!
});

…

this.extend(Game_System, "onAfterLoad", function () {
    this.loadPassageData(); _this["Game_System_onAfterLoad"].apply(this, arguments);
});

Therefore, the wrong parameters is loaded on map transition.

It can be fixed, for example, like this:

JavaScript:
    this.extend(Scene_Save, "onSaveSuccess", function () {
        $gameSystem.clearPassageData(); _this["Scene_Save_onSaveSuccess"].apply(this, arguments);
    });

this.extend(Scene_Save, "onSaveFailure", function () {
        $gameSystem.clearPassageData(); _this["Scene_Save_onSaveFailure"].apply(this, arguments);
    });

Game_System.prototype.clearPassageData = function() {
        this._passageHigh = []; this._passageLow = [];
    }
Thank you for the report and fix for it @Warpholomey !

I can confirm the bug AND fix for it GJ!

I have now uploaded v4.11 where the bug fix is and credited you in it.

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Anyone know how to solve this issue: When placing new events with spawn event the events draw overtop of the character (but pathing and interacting with them is normal). If I leave the map and come back the events are normal, Is there a way to force event refresh or map refresh when placing new events? It seems as tho the plugin is unaware that a new event spawned and doesn't know to refresh.

1613065031576.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Anyone know how to solve this issue: When placing new events with spawn event the events draw overtop of the character (but pathing and interacting with them is normal). If I leave the map and come back the events are normal, Is there a way to force event refresh or map refresh when placing new events? It seems as tho the plugin is unaware that a new event spawned and doesn't know to refresh.

View attachment 179164
Thank you for the message,

I can recall few cases same as this one and solution was to force spawned event to lower floor level. Example: event._higherLevel = false;

One solution was to put <lower> event comment to each page in spawned event to force it to lower floor level.

But above methods doesn't consider if event is spawned to higher floor level...

On map start plugin iterates through all events and calls autoAssign() method for each event. This can be also called after spawning event.

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Doesn't seem to work even tho you can see its set to lower:
1613069847622.png

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ok then try:
$gameMap._events[$gameMap.LastSpawnedEventID()]._higherLevel = true;
After spawning an event.

EDIT: _higherLevel = false;
Doesn't seem to work. Even if this bool is set it is still drawing above the player unless I leave the map and come back.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Doesn't seem to work. Even if this bool is set it is still drawing above the player unless I leave the map and come back.
What about?
$gameMap._events[$gameMap.LastSpawnedEventID()].autoAssign();

Edit: Sorry remembered wrong.... put this at the end of passages -plugin.
// Some code here... Game_CharacterBase.prototype.autoAssign = function () { this._higherLevel = autoAssignFloorLevel(this); updateEvent(this); }; }.bind(OcRam.Passages)()); // End of file

I will add this to next version to call autoAssign method from any character.

Last edited:

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
What about?
$gameMap._events[$gameMap.LastSpawnedEventID()].autoAssign();

Edit: Sorry remembered wrong.... put this at the end of passages -plugin.
// Some code here... Game_CharacterBase.prototype.autoAssign = function () { this._higherLevel = autoAssignFloorLevel(this); updateEvent(this); }; }.bind(OcRam.Passages)()); // End of file

I will add this to next version to call autoAssign method from any character.
Yep, This works.

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey @OcRam - I love the passages plugin, but I'm having issues with one small thing, and I was wondering if there was a fix for it. When I set it up for the character to be able to walk near the walls as seen in the screenshots, it seems to shift a pixel from the wall downward. It is entirely possible I have something setup incorrectly, but I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this? Thank you for the continued support on this plugin and all the work you do. I'll likely be buying a commercial license at some point, even if I don't sell the game because I like the work you are doing so much.

1615066399453.png1615066406349.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey @OcRam - I love the passages plugin, but I'm having issues with one small thing, and I was wondering if there was a fix for it. When I set it up for the character to be able to walk near the walls as seen in the screenshots, it seems to shift a pixel from the wall downward. It is entirely possible I have something setup incorrectly, but I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this? Thank you for the continued support on this plugin and all the work you do. I'll likely be buying a commercial license at some point, even if I don't sell the game because I like the work you are doing so much.

View attachment 182060View attachment 182061

Which version you are using? As far as I remember this was fixed in some version for MV and never even existed in MZ?

If you are using latest version can you replicate that in new project?

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Which version you are using? As far as I remember this was fixed in some version for MV and never even existed in MZ?

If you are using latest version can you replicate that in new project?
Hi! I am using MV, and it's the latest version. I am also using the latest version of the plugin. 1.62 of MV, and 4.11 of the plugin for MV, which is the version in the first post on this thread.

I haven't been able to recreate it in a new project, so I'm thinking it's a plugin in mine. I am going to test further to see which plugin is causing the problem and I'll let you know a bit later today.

Thank you for the help!

EDIT: Well, that was quick to figure out. The plugin causing the issue is Galv's Camera Control.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi! I am using MV, and it's the latest version. I am also using the latest version of the plugin. 1.62 of MV, and 4.11 of the plugin for MV, which is the version in the first post on this thread.

I haven't been able to recreate it in a new project, so I'm thinking it's a plugin in mine. I am going to test further to see which plugin is causing the problem and I'll let you know a bit later today.

Thank you for the help!

EDIT: Well, that was quick to figure out. The plugin causing the issue is Galv's Camera Control.

If I recall it correctly... Galv Cam control should be supported... Just try to place Passages after Galv CC (or other way around not sure how it was :)).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pirata12