Yosiei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Im using your plugin. It works great however after trying to convert the game to pc version then play the game and save. Upon loading all tiles with 18 region disappear. Can you help me please?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the message,

Is plugin + core files up-to-date? Can you repeat this in new project (I tried, but 18 region tiles are all ok after load)?

Yosiei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Plugin is up to date. About the core one. I dont have it. Do i need to install it where can i find it?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Plugin is up to date. About the core one. I dont have it. Do i need to install it where can i find it?
Oh sorry I should have been more specific I was talking about RPG Maker core files. OcRam_Core is not needed in MV if using MZ then OcRam_Core is required.

Yosiei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh sorry I should have been more specific I was talking about RPG Maker core files. OcRam_Core is not needed in MV if using MZ then OcRam_Core is required.
Thanks for helping. I manage to make to fix. I back read in this forum and found a suggestion of transfer. Although its different issue from mine i still try it out and it works. So my guess is the map needs to reload. Thanks.

One problem is its not compatible to Dahlys_BigSprites. Anyway thanks. I guess i have to find something else in exchange for Dahlys_BigSprites

Dreigonix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm getting a crash. Any idea what's wrong here? I'm including my plugin list.
1637779600663.png1637779640355.png1637779655186.png1637779667942.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Dreigonix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the message,

If OcRam MZ plugins are used in MV you'll need RETRO for that. But OcRam_Passages is also made for MV and it doesn't require OcRam_Core.

Be sure to select right engine before downloading OcRam plugins.
Okay, I got the right version. But now it doesn't seem to be working-- this bridge here is blocking me. (The disconnected lower bridge is one I painstakingly made with events. Ignore it.)1637801898920.png

Powell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay, I got the right version. But now it doesn't seem to be working-- this bridge here is blocking me. (The disconnected lower bridge is one I painstakingly made with events. Ignore it.)View attachment 207786
Do you have it coded like this?
1637804448036.png1637804483320.png
Also, your bridge tileset should be set to O in the database.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yosiei, yes, you're right, but TSR_SideStairs plugin is paid (3$) and @OcRam's plugin also requires to pay for commercial license, so it would be nice those two plugins wouldn't interupt each other.

I'm sure @OcRam would and could make a fix for it, but the problem with TSR's plugin is that his code is obfuscated. Unless there are some cunning tricks to unobfuscate the code, but I don't encourage anyone to "decrypt" someone's work just for my sadistic pleasure.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes. I got the 4-way passages set properly too. View attachment 207794
Can you repeat this in new project?

If not it might be plugin conflict. In this case plugin order can fix some conflicts.
@Yosiei, yes, you're right, but TSR_SideStairs plugin is paid (3$) and @OcRam's plugin also requires to pay for commercial license, so it would be nice those two plugins wouldn't interupt each other.

I'm sure @OcRam would and could make a fix for it, but the problem with TSR's plugin is that his code is obfuscated. Unless there are some cunning tricks to unobfuscate the code, but I don't encourage anyone to "decrypt" someone's work just for my sadistic pleasure.
Yup. I totally understand why people obfuscate their work.
But OcRam plugins won't be obfuscated ever! (gives others possibility to make things compatible, transparent to all meaning more security (how easy would it be to inject malicious code to obfuscated code? Or hide stolen code...), no extra work for JIT etc...)

Okay... Sorry got triggered and partially off-railed.

What I tried to say OcRam plugins are human readable and policy for fixing conflicts with obfuscated plugins is ignore or low effort (MZ free VisuMZ plugins are exception).

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So basicly what you want to say is "Buy my plugin and fix problems by yourself"? It's like a buying a brand new car without warranty and it breaks after going out from dealer...

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So basicly what you want to say is "Buy my plugin and fix problems by yourself"? It's like a buying a brand new car without warranty and it breaks after going out from dealer...
Ummm...?

Firstly: You buy license to use my plugin commercially - I have not pay walled nor obfuscated them that will give you possibility TEST them good before BUYING license. And they are FREE for non-commercial use (Where do you get free cars for non-commercial use? Please let me know!).

Secondly: I don't remember that I have promised anywhere full programming service to fix problems in your project (maybe even do it for you?). And I bet car sellers won't help you with 3rd party accessories if they are not compatible with car?

If my plugins causes problems in new project I am here for you. And I have also made A LOT of compatibility fixes to other plugins requested by OcRam -plugin users - totally for free. Even to some obfuscated ones IF it was low effort.

I tried to open my opinion and policy about obfuscated plugins in previous post and apparently got badly misunderstood (or then not). Please remember that it is your choice which plugins you use if they are not compatible with each other.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe the comparsion with a car was unfortunate, but I know you get my point. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and admire your work, also you are Finnish and I Love Finland (Asian too), but you charge for this particular plugin 20€ for commercial license, is it lot of money or no this matter is to discuss, for me, 20€ it's lot since my payment is around 430€ netto (Damn that company). So I didn't know what to expect - just plug and play... I didn't predict it can has some issues, perhaps I'm dissapointed in myself, lack of JS knowledge and my frustration hit you ricochete. But at least you could put a warn it "may cause problems with other plugins using regions".

Now I'm stuck in dilema what to do now, buy license from you and turn off TSR_SideStairs plugin, re-design all maps, or keep project as is right now and keep using vertical and diagonal stairs or make (somehow) my own fix.

I'm not pushing on you, @OcRam, just loud think.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe the comparsion with a car was unfortunate, but I know you get my point. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and admire your work, also you are Finnish and I Love Finland (Asian too), but you charge for this particular plugin 20€ for commercial license, is it lot of money or no this matter is to discuss, for me, 20€ it's lot since my payment is around 430€ netto (Damn that company). So I didn't know what to expect - just plug and play... I didn't predict it can has some issues, perhaps I'm dissapointed in myself, lack of JS knowledge and my frustration hit you ricochete. But at least you could put a warn it "may cause problems with other plugins using regions".

Now I'm stuck in dilema what to do now, buy license from you and turn off TSR_SideStairs plugin, re-design all maps, or keep project as is right now and keep using vertical and diagonal stairs or make (somehow) my own fix.

I'm not pushing on you, @OcRam, just loud think.
Hey no problems!

I was very tired and BIT stressed (01001001...1110101) from work week ;)

Just came back from sauna (very relaxing) and reviewed my previous answer - I can tell it was easy to get "under my skin". Sorry for my stressed words.

There is no plugin that is guaranteed to be compatible with all other plugins. According to error message last function called was: Game_Player.GameCharacter_Base.isOnStairs - declared in TSR_SideStairs.js

I guess you have tried different plugin order? And does TSR_SideStairs work without OcRam_Passages?

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I tried many variations - switching order, moving on top of the list of plugins, on the bottom, before YEP plugins, after YEP plugins, result was the same, your plugin works only when the TSR_SideStairs is off.

(Adding your Oc_Core renders both plugins unusable).

The only thing what comes to my mind is one of functions in your plugins blocks a function in TSR (or the quite opposite). I studied a while your code and due to the my lack of knowledge in JS I couldn't find anything 'interesting' that causes the problem.

Dreigonix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you repeat this in new project?

If not it might be plugin conflict. In this case plugin order can fix some conflicts.

Yup. I totally understand why people obfuscate their work.
But OcRam plugins won't be obfuscated ever! (gives others possibility to make things compatible, transparent to all meaning more security (how easy would it be to inject malicious code to obfuscated code? Or hide stolen code...), no extra work for JIT etc...)

Okay... Sorry got triggered and partially off-railed.

What I tried to say OcRam plugins are human readable and policy for fixing conflicts with obfuscated plugins is ignore or low effort (MZ free VisuMZ plugins are exception).
Tried it in a new project, and it still doesn't work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All aboard the Advent calendar train, riding Avery's coattails as an excuse to make more sprites. ;)
Advent2021-01.gif

Get 'em in my thread in General Resources.
I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
kcsmall.png
It is december, my dudes

badge_xmas.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yogarenew