OcRam - Passages plugin [v4.07 updated 2020/05/02]

OMGerm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Latest version - (v4.06 released 2020/03/14):
  • OcRam core v1.04 (requirement for all of my latest plugins)
    ...And prepares this plugin for OcRam demo project

• Now compatible with OcRam_Layers (v2.01)!
    YES! You may now have passages even if you do parallax mapping!

• New plugin parameter "Use tall sprites" (credits to @OMGerm for reporting this issue!)
    But this alone won't guarantee tall sprites to be 'glitchless' you also need to design your maps for tall characters.
So far so good! This seems to have fixed the tall sprite issue with ladders, and it has resolved any incompatibility with SAN_AnalogMove. I'll continue testing, but I can't imagine anything breaking. Just have to be cognizant of level design for tall sprites, as you suggested. Thank you for taking the time to continuously improve your contributions!

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wanted to point out that while v4.06 does fix tall player/event sprites, it does not fix the issue I've had regarding Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodad's.

Essentially, the problem is the way that Region 19 tiles are handled. If you place a doodad on or below a Region 19 tile, the doodad will "always" be snipped or covered by those tiles. The only way around this issue is to set the doodad to use Layer 10 (the "highest" possible layer to set a doodad to) but there's a problem with this.

Any doodad placed on Layer 6 or above will always be "above" the player and/or events (it technically needs to be on Layer 5 in order for the doodad to be "leveled" with the player and/or events so you can walk in front or behind it).

Even using a graphic editor and adding extra "space" below or above the sprite and aligning it on the map will not fix this issue.

Valgous

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @OcRam
I still have it showing " undefined is not a function"
How can I fix it?

1586435177115.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @OcRam
I still have it showing " undefined is not a function"
How can I fix it?

View attachment 139225
Thank you for the report,

I will fix this in next version.

As quick fix: Add line
Code:
var ShaderTilemap = ShaderTilemap || false;
To line 348 before line: if (ShaderTilemap) { ...

Tad_Bolmont

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I noticed that when I do a tileset change via event, any tiles with a Cover Autotile Region ID (19) or a Overhead Region ID (21) retain the original tile. Any way to keep that from happening?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I noticed that when I do a tileset change via event, any tiles with a Cover Autotile Region ID (19) or a Overhead Region ID (21) retain the original tile. Any way to keep that from happening?
Thank you for the message,

I have countered this issue with "Transfer player" command (with fade or without) after "Tileset change" command.

Tad_Bolmont

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the message,

I have countered this issue with "Transfer player" command (with fade or without) after "Tileset change" command.
Thanks for the reply. I tried that, and it didn't work for me.

Msoulwing

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya.
Yeah, still having that exact same problem as Tad. I tried putting a Transfer Player command (moving my character 1 step to the right) after the Tileset Change, but it has no effect.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply. I tried that, and it didn't work for me.
Heya.
Yeah, still having that exact same problem as Tad. I tried putting a Transfer Player command (moving my character 1 step to the right) after the Tileset Change, but it has no effect.
That's strange, because my time system uses transfer command and it works with passges, but I will check this and fix it.

Thank you for the reports!

Nortas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi there!
I'm tring this plugin for my bridges but if i put regions as the tutorials my tile-B become transparent (so the bridge is invisble)...I'm doing something wrong?

TY

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
I'm tring this plugin for my bridges but if i put regions as the tutorials my tile-B become transparent (so the bridge is invisble)...I'm doing something wrong?

TY
Thank you for message,

Can you send screen shot where I can see bridge setup?

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all I currently have version v4.00 and I couldn't find whether this was already fixed in a higher version, but I'll report it non the less:

1588407359651.png
If I go game over in a battle and then reload the save file immediately which has been created on a different map, then I get the saved layer of sprites from the previous map.

Again thank you for the plugin.

Edit:
Now I've got the latest version and I saw it has already been fixed. Sorry for that!

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all I currently have version v4.00 and I couldn't find whether this was already fixed in a higher version, but I'll report it non the less:

View attachment 141918
If I go game over in a battle and then reload the save file immediately which has been created on a different map, then I get the saved layer of sprites from the previous map.

Again thank you for the plugin.

Edit:
Now I've got the latest version and I saw it has already been fixed. Sorry for that!
Thank you for the message and no problems! Oh and btw just updated this plugin to 4.07!

Latest version - (v4.07 released 2020/05/02):

Nortas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Wow mate! The v4.07 solved all my issues! :LZSlol:

I've a question:

What's the difference using region 19 or 18 for cliffs and walls?

I ask because I'm using a rounded edge for cliffs and using 19 i got my player under the edge but under the floor too (I attached 2 screen).
So because It seems using 18 for cliffs too is a good solution I ask you if is it!

TY again 4 all!

Attachments

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nortas Region 19 draw autotiles tiles above player while
Region 18 covers B-E tiles so they are different. check the helpfile for the meanings.

all regions used do something else, even if its almost the same, but still different :)

Nortas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Aaaaah! That's the key so! Because in my tileset the upper edges are in B tiles! (the other parts of cliff in A tiles).

So I'm right using 18! :D
TY

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nortas
if cliffs are on A, use 19, while 18 in your picture above, is above player and cut it out.
18 is more used for bridged (center) and corners.

it can be reconizeable though, if you use clifs pars (different from autotiles (A), than 18 can be used.
but read carefully what they do and follow the example images for best use, so you dont have
bugs if used incorrectly ^^

if you recheck four images (region 19) and (region 18), you see the ground above the player
while its not there on region19 image.

Nortas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
There is an image of passagges settings in DB for Cliffs?!?

I've a problem if i block passage (to do not permit the pg to walk from a cliff to floor) I can't access the bridge...

If I allow to pass the pg can pass from a cliff to a floor without using ladders!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babiboo