Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

I'm posting this just to let you know what I'm working on ATM.

Time System v2.00 planned features:
  • OcRam core integration
  • Known bugs to be fixed
  • Map clock (analog, digital or plain text)
    • Plugin command / JS call to hide it
    • Plugin parameters to modify appearances
  • Menu clock
    • Plugin parameter to show or hide it
  • Weekdays
    • New variable for current weekday
  • Captions also for months and seasons
  • Images to symbolize different day phases
Clock background(s) and day phase images will be licensed as: "Public domain" which means you can use these resources as you like without restrictions or obligations.

Please feel free to comment / throw some other ideas :)

You may adjust map clocks' position, background image, font size, font face, clock type (plain text, analog or digital). What other info to show (date, weekday, month name and season).

Also plugin command / JS call to hide and show clock when ever needed. JS calls to get current weekday/month name or season as text.

Autumn night
View attachment 132194

Summer sunset
View attachment 132195

Winter day
View attachment 132197

EDIT: Oh and credits to dragon1up for clock idea and PandaMaru for awesome tilesets!
Thanks so much for taking my advice for the time/clock thing !! Now I should be easily able to edit it and show you what I can do with the images !!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Oc

So I got it working, and it's back to normal, however just a heads up. It looks like it still has the issue with not turning back on the time enabled switch after a save. Unless I missed something else I was suppose to set up that was different than the last update.
I can't re-produce this issue my self. Have you tried to press 'ok' button for 'Time enabled switch id' parameter?

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't re-produce this issue my self. Have you tried to press 'ok' button for 'Time enabled switch id' parameter?

Can you screenshot what you mean? If I got to the time enabled parameter it only wants a variable. I don't exactly get what you mean by "press 'ok' button". I am really sorry that I keep coming back with "I don't know what you mean" but this whole "press 'ok' button" thing has me confused haha. Like do you want me to go to the parameter and just press the ok button while on it? do you want me to type "press 'ok' button" in the parameter?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you screenshot what you mean? If I got to the time enabled parameter it only wants a variable. I don't exactly get what you mean by "press 'ok' button". I am really sorry that I keep coming back with "I don't know what you mean" but this whole "press 'ok' button" thing has me confused haha. Like do you want me to go to the parameter and just press the ok button while on it? do you want me to type "press 'ok' button" in the parameter?
go to the parameter and just press the ok button while on it
okbutton.png

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I was really hoping that isn't what you meant haha. I mean, I don't see why I wouldn't push okay, after setting the parameter?. But that didn't seem to help. I have created a small video for you, below. In this video, I start the "Time Enabled" (Switch: 1) switch for you, then show the time ticking along. Then I open the menu, and save the game, and then leave the menu, and show that the variable for minutes (Var: 14) has stopped ticking and the time enabled switch (Switch:1) is still off.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, so I was really hoping that isn't what you meant haha. I mean, I don't see why I wouldn't push okay, after setting the parameter?. But that didn't seem to help. I have created a small video for you, below. In this video, I start the "Time Enabled" (Switch: 1) switch for you, then show the time ticking along. Then I open the menu, and save the game, and then leave the menu, and show that the variable for minutes (Var: 14) has stopped ticking and the time enabled switch (Switch:1) is still off.
Thank you for the video.

I just tested this in several ways and had no problems. It might be plugin conflict - and any save related plugins would be my first guess. To be more specific: plugins that uses (or worse destroys)
Code:
Scene_Save.prototype.onSavefileOk
method.

ps. Nice looking game! Do you have a thread for it?

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam Thanks man, and I dont have a thread (yet),but the game is on itch.io but the version that I have up, is about 4 months old, I am waiting to get a bunch more done before I release my official demo, it's called "Wanderer". Which is why I want to get these plugins up and running. I think the only save plugins I have been using is Yanfly's Save core, and autosave. Does your plugin not play nicely with yanfly save core?

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam Back once again, this time with another video. In this video I disabled EVERY plugin in my game (after creating a backup of course) and left only your "Time System" plugin. That is why the game looks super lame in the title haha. But after doing this, I am still getting the issue. You can see in the video, I start up a "New Game", and the time is enabled automatically as shown. I also open the menu once or twice to show it's working as it should with just opening and closing the window. But the moment I save the game, and leave the menu, you can clearly see the time is completely stopped. I'm not sure what could be going on. Perhaps you could produce a demo project so we can see exactly what is going on and different in yours than others. Because I feel like I may not be the only one that will run into this issue, and having it so that people could at the very least copy the way you do it in a demo and just place their own parameters in it. Either way, I really want to use this system in my game, and once I can get it to work, I'll certainly buy the right to use it.

EDIT: Just thought you might want to know. If I use DKtools plugin to skip the title screen or Yami's Skip title screen plugin, the date for the clock in the menu shows "0. undefined" and the map clock doesn't show when it's set to show, and even if you manually use the plugin command to show time, it goes away after going in the menu and out of it. This has happened ONLY when using ANY title screen skip, to send player directly to a map. Just figured maybe you could take a look at that, as it could be a compatibility issue for others in the future.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@OcRam Back once again, this time with another video. In this video I disabled EVERY plugin in my game (after creating a backup of course) and left only your "Time System" plugin. That is why the game looks super lame in the title haha. But after doing this, I am still getting the issue. You can see in the video, I start up a "New Game", and the time is enabled automatically as shown. I also open the menu once or twice to show it's working as it should with just opening and closing the window. But the moment I save the game, and leave the menu, you can clearly see the time is completely stopped. I'm not sure what could be going on. Perhaps you could produce a demo project so we can see exactly what is going on and different in yours than others. Because I feel like I may not be the only one that will run into this issue, and having it so that people could at the very least copy the way you do it in a demo and just place their own parameters in it. Either way, I really want to use this system in my game, and once I can get it to work, I'll certainly buy the right to use it.

EDIT: Just thought you might want to know. If I use DKtools plugin to skip the title screen or Yami's Skip title screen plugin, the date for the clock in the menu shows "0. undefined" and the map clock doesn't show when it's set to show, and even if you manually use the plugin command to show time, it goes away after going in the menu and out of it. This has happened ONLY when using ANY title screen skip, to send player directly to a map. Just figured maybe you could take a look at that, as it could be a compatibility issue for others in the future.

Thank you for your time,

I have bound time variable initialization to DataManager.setupNewGame I think this method will be never called if title screen is skipped.

What is the version of RMMV is it 1.6.x or 1.5.x? I have tested it only with 1.6.x.

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe I am currently using 1.6. That may be the issue then. I use a skip title screen to send player to a custom title screen I made. But I do have the "New Game" option there, so it might just be having issues when I send myself to another map for testing. Thanks for the response. For now, to fix my issue with the time system, I created a common event to check if time enabled switch is on, and if not, to turn it on. For now it will work.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I believe I am currently using 1.6. That may be the issue then. I use a skip title screen to send player to a custom title screen I made. But I do have the "New Game" option there, so it might just be having issues when I send myself to another map for testing. Thanks for the response. For now, to fix my issue with the time system, I created a common event to check if time enabled switch is on, and if not, to turn it on. For now it will work.
Hello,

Good to hear you got work-around for it. To be more precise on my test version it is: v1.6.2

I'll try to take a look if I find 1.6.0 version from somewhere to test it.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Wizorrd is you time plugin below or above yanfly savecore? if its below, you might as well try it above
yanfly savecore to make sure the save can cause the time to be stopped.

The plaugin seems nice to use images, but I'm going to check it probaby in the next version that comes out.
You do a pretty nice job :) you might be getting the most usefull plugin after yanfly :)

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon It's already above yanfly's. It's been both above and below some of them. Honestly though, now I'm suddenly running into an issue where my game freezes 3 out of 4 times when I go to playtest it, it just freezes as it tries to load the playtest, and then it won't let me close it without task manager. So I'm gonna have to figure that out now xD

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Ocram I installed the recent update version 2.00 it looks like. There is an error that appears in the console when loading this up. Tried it in a new project too (with just your time plugin / core) just to be sure.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected string
at OcRam_Core.getArray (OcRam_Time_System.js:16)
at OcRam_Core.getJSONArray (OcRam_Time_System.js:20)
at Object.<anonymous> (OcRam_Time_System.js:713)
at OcRam_Time_System.js:1772

Also as an FYI , I ended up having to turn off weather because I was getting an error after this update.
TypeError: $gameSystem.isIndoors is not a function
at Weather._updateAllSprites (js/plugins/OcRam_Weather_EX.js:1052)
at Weather.update (rpg_core.js:7291)
at Weather.update (js/plugins/OcRam_Weather_EX.js:654)
at Sprite.update (js/plugins/YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt.js:7783)
at Spriteset_Map.Sprite.update (js/plugins/YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt.js:7783)
at Spriteset_Map.Spriteset_Base.update (rpg_sprites.js:2145)
at Spriteset_Map.update (rpg_sprites.js:2275)
at Spriteset_Map.update (js/plugins/OcRam_Layers.js:973)
at Spriteset_Map.update (js/plugins/OcRam_Passages.js:406)
at Spriteset_Map.update (js/plugins/OcRam_Lights.js:677)

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey Ocram I installed the recent update version 2.00 it looks like. There is an error that appears in the console when loading this up. Tried it in a new project too (with just your time plugin / core) just to be sure.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected string
at OcRam_Core.getArray (OcRam_Time_System.js:16)
at OcRam_Core.getJSONArray (OcRam_Time_System.js:20)
at Object.<anonymous> (OcRam_Time_System.js:713)
at OcRam_Time_System.js:1772

Also as an FYI , I ended up having to turn off weather because I was getting an error after this update.
TypeError: $gameSystem.isIndoors is not a function
at Weather._updateAllSprites (js/plugins/OcRam_Weather_EX.js:1052)
at Weather.update (rpg_core.js:7291)
at Weather.update (js/plugins/OcRam_Weather_EX.js:654)
at Sprite.update (js/plugins/YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt.js:7783)
at Spriteset_Map.Sprite.update (js/plugins/YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt.js:7783)
at Spriteset_Map.Spriteset_Base.update (rpg_sprites.js:2145)
at Spriteset_Map.update (rpg_sprites.js:2275)
at Spriteset_Map.update (js/plugins/OcRam_Layers.js:973)
at Spriteset_Map.update (js/plugins/OcRam_Passages.js:406)
at Spriteset_Map.update (js/plugins/OcRam_Lights.js:677)
Thank you for the message,

This is same issue as Wizorrd had. It can be quick fixed by pressing 'ok' Button for EACH plugin parameter.

I will fix this permanently in next few days.

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh okay! Sorry, I thought I had clicked okay for each, I will go back through and triple check more closely this time.

Thanks!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Latest version - v2.01 (released 2020/02/11)
  • OcRam_Core v1.02
  • Fixed default plugin parameters
    (when plugin is installed/reinstalled)

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe it was just me, but when I downloaded the update I still had the same issue. I had to completely delete the time plugin from my list and re-add it for it to finally work, (even as 2.01).

But thanks for all your hard work!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe it was just me, but when I downloaded the update I still had the same issue. I had to completely delete the time plugin from my list and re-add it for it to finally work, (even as 2.01).

But thanks for all your hard work!
Yup updates can't touch already configured parameters, which were bugged in v2.00 (unescaped JSON array).

Re-install of this plugin is required -or- pressing 'ok' button for each parameter (also in arrays etc.) ...so it might be easier to re-install this plugin (that way all parameters will be reseted to their default values).

I have tested it in both ways and both ways were working.

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick feature suggestion: Your code pulls the length of the array for the seasons, months, and weekdays, to allow versatile amounts of months and weekdays, instead of the default 4, 12 and 7? The downfall that I see is the users would have to opt in to make their months evenly divisible by their seasons, or there'd likely be issues.

@OcRam Time still stops after a game is saved... now more easily visible with the clock that just stops ticking after saving rather than checking and bothering with variables. Tried it in a new project too to be sure.

Here's the entire debug menu:
1581460848744.png

I don't like offering up my opinion without thoroughly dissecting the code... to make sure I understand the flow, so please, ignore me if I am wrong, but it looks like you set the timeEnabledswitch to false when you call the menu, (and store the previous value in _prevTSEnabledState) and then you do another check when the scene gets saved that again stores the switch value into the previousState. Which if you're in the save menu from the main menu, would mean that the state is now false. Thus storing the false value as the previous value, and finally when you exit the menu, it declares that time was never passing to begin with.

Code:
    // Check if menu / save scene was called >> Do not try to reload any tilesets
    this.extend(Scene_Map, "callMenu", function () {
        _this["Scene_Map_callMenu"].apply(this, arguments);
        _prevTSEnabledState = $gameSwitches.value(_timeEnabledSwitchId);
        $gameSwitches.setValue(_timeEnabledSwitchId, false);
    });

this.extend(Scene_Save, "initialize", function () {
        _this["Scene_Save_initialize"].apply(this, arguments); _this._menuCalled = true;

//The Call Menu set this value to false... now it is being stored as though it were the previous value.
//_prevTSEnabledState = $gameSwitches.value(_timeEnabledSwitchId);

$gameSwitches.setValue(_timeEnabledSwitchId, false);
    });

// Make sure that time enabled switch is also saved
    this.extend(Scene_Save, "onSavefileOk", function () {
        $gameSwitches.setValue(_timeEnabledSwitchId, _prevTSEnabledState);
        _this["Scene_Save_onSavefileOk"].apply(this, arguments);
    });

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markikilouis231