OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey OcRam, I was trying out your plugin today and noticed that it crashed when I was using Common Events for daytime changes. Turns out there was a typo (?) in line 1156 of the plugin:

The line read if (_dayPhaseCE != 0) runCE(_dayPhaseCE);, and it only stopped crashing when I changed that line to if (_dayPhaseCE != 0) OcRam.runCE(_dayPhaseCE);

Dunno if it was reported already. You might want to look into it. :smile: Thanks for making this plugin, I'm really loving it so far!

Cheers
Yup :kaothx: thank you for the report! It's now fixed in v2.09.

Beachsidey0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am getting an error if I start the game and play for a few minutes than pause and end the game to the menu and if i than press new game it gives me this error. Here is also my plug in order.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
  • plugin 1.jpg
    plugin 1.jpg
    731.1 KB · Views: 5
  • plugin 2.png
    plugin 2.png
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • plugin 3.png
    plugin 3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am getting an error if I start the game and play for a few minutes than pause and end the game to the menu and if i than press new game it gives me this error. Here is also my plug in order.
Thank you for the message,

Seems like this is coming from OcRam_Weather_EX -plugin. I have now fixed it and latest version is downloadable at ocram-codes.net or at OcRam_Weather_EX thread.

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to change the transition duration via plugin command? i ask because I have an event set up to change from dusk to night that fades out the screen to turn on other lighting events when night occurs. however, even if I pre-tint the screen, the transition still occurs. i managed to set up a common even to turn on switches based on the day phase and blessedly there is no lag, but perhaps built-in phase switches as well? that would save on eventing.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to change the transition duration via plugin command? i ask because I have an event set up to change from dusk to night that fades out the screen to turn on other lighting events when night occurs. however, even if I pre-tint the screen, the transition still occurs. i managed to set up a common even to turn on switches based on the day phase and blessedly there is no lag, but perhaps built-in phase switches as well? that would save on eventing.

"Day phase CE" and "Use only CE on day phases" parameters are there if you want to make (or enhance) transitions via events (this way you can also have custom transition durations).

There is no plugin command for "Effect transition time".

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

"Day phase CE" and "Use only CE on day phases" parameters are there if you want to make (or enhance) transitions via events (this way you can also have custom transition durations).

There is no plugin command for "Effect transition time".

No worries. I think I figured it out late last night and never got back to rescind my message. This is what happens when one over-complicates

matheus872

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam hi, i've be using your time system plugin for some tests and a few time ago i notice that the plugin enter in conflict with the tint screen function.. do you pretend to fix that ?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@OcRam hi, i've be using your time system plugin for some tests and a few time ago i notice that the plugin enter in conflict with the tint screen function.. do you pretend to fix that ?

Yes this plugin uses RMMV tint screen function by default and will override any tints made by user.

If you wish to disable auto tinting: set "Use only CE on day phases" to true/on to disable built-in tinting functions. Also remember to make common event and link its id to plugin parameter "Day phase CE" which will replace plugins built-in functionality.

In common event: check "Day phase" variable and you can do anything you want with day phases!

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi. Nice work, but this doesn't seem to be friendly with the plugins by VisuStella. Any ideas why the clock does not display on the map when using VisuStella plugins? My plugins order is this:

VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine
VisuMZ_1_...battle,element,events,items,mainmenu,message,options,save,skills.
OcRam_Core
OcRam_Time_System

(Although to be honest, even if you just enable VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine, then the OcRam won't work)

The result with the above enabled is that I basically just see the entire screen tinted dark like it's night time, but no clock appears on screen (even if I set OcRam to TRUE to display on map). Disabling the VisuMZ plugins allows the clock to appear. Also when trying to display the variable values for time/date I get "0" values - e.g. I create a 'show text' and write: It's \V[0004] \V[0005] \V[0006] - \V[0007] \V[0008] \V[0009]

In-game it'll say then say: It's 0 0 0 - 0 0 0

Note that if I disable VisuMZ plugins then the message will display the correct time values as it should! I tried replacing all the variables used by the time plugin to see if that helps, but alas it did not!

Any help would be appreciated in getting this compatible - thanks!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi. Nice work, but this doesn't seem to be friendly with the plugins by VisuStella. Any ideas why the clock does not display on the map when using VisuStella plugins? My plugins order is this:

VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine
VisuMZ_1_...battle,element,events,items,mainmenu,message,options,save,skills.
OcRam_Core
OcRam_Time_System

(Although to be honest, even if you just enable VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine, then the OcRam won't work)

The result with the above enabled is that I basically just see the entire screen tinted dark like it's night time, but no clock appears on screen (even if I set OcRam to TRUE to display on map). Disabling the VisuMZ plugins allows the clock to appear. Also when trying to display the variable values for time/date I get "0" values - e.g. I create a 'show text' and write: It's \V[0004] \V[0005] \V[0006] - \V[0007] \V[0008] \V[0009]

In-game it'll say then say: It's 0 0 0 - 0 0 0

Note that if I disable VisuMZ plugins then the message will display the correct time values as it should! I tried replacing all the variables used by the time plugin to see if that helps, but alas it did not!

Any help would be appreciated in getting this compatible - thanks!

This is MV -plugin thread not MZ.

So I'm guessing you are using OcRam_Time_System MV version in MZ?

And my plugins are tested with (and without) VisuMZ -plugins and they should work in both cases IF plugin order is correct = OcRam plugins should come after Visu -plugins (just like you wrote).

Edit: And in case if you are using Time System MZ version, are those variable ids also used somewhere in Visu parameters?

Last edited:

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My apologies, didn't notice this was under MV section!

I am using the MZ version of both plugins, please see my attached screenshot.

OcRamVisuMZ.png

I can provide more screenshots if needed?

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, maybe it's because I'm using the VisuStella sample game project - something in there might be causing the issue perhaps? I tried a fresh blank project and the plugins did work together, but my game is based off the sample game project.

UPDATE: In a fresh blank project, using the VisuStella Main Menu plugin with your plugins causes this error when selecting the main menu (button in top right corner):

OcRamVisuMZ2.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My apologies, didn't notice this was under MV section!

I am using the MZ version of both plugins, please see my attached screenshot.

View attachment 159400

I can provide more screenshots if needed?
That is strange... I just tested this in my WIP demo -project and it works like a charm. There was slightly different plugin order and I didn't have that "EventsMoveCore"

support1.pngsupport2.png

Edit: Just saw your latest post: What RMMZ version your VisuMZ demo -project is using?

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Edit: And in case if you are using Time System MZ version, are those variable ids also used somewhere in Visu parameters?

I changed the variable id's in the time system to different, blank ones, just to check but that didn't fix the issue. In fact my project doesn't seem to have any variables in-use yet, as the VisuStella sample game project doesn't appear to use any (it just renames some to "temporary variable 1, 2, 3, etc..."

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I changed the variable id's in the time system to different, blank ones, just to check but that didn't fix the issue. In fact my project doesn't seem to have any variables in-use yet, as the VisuStella sample game project doesn't appear to use any (it just renames some to "temporary variable 1, 2, 3, etc..."
And again everything works in my demo -project (with VisuMenu). I even updated Visu -plugins to 1.2 to see if that's the case, but it worked like before.

support1.png

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
And again everything works in my demo -project (with VisuMenu). I even updated Visu -plugins to 1.2 to see if that's the case, but it worked like before.

Ok so I checked to see if the plugin works when using the VisuStella sample project and it doesn't for me. I did the following steps:
  1. Go here and download VisuStella sample project: https://visustella.itch.io/visumz-sample
  2. Copy/paste the OCRam plugins into js/plugins
  3. Add plugins to project, OCRam first and then OCRam_Time_System (all beneath the VisuStella plugins that should already be there and enabled)
  4. Test the game. You should not see any clock anywhere on the map.
  5. Go to the main menu, you should see an error.
If this happens differently for you then I am at a complete loss as to what is going on!

UPDATE:
I at least managed to get the clock to display, by changing the VisuMZ Core > Quality of life settings > New game on boot = FALSE

However, I'm still seeing problems when trying to access the main menu when I set OcRam Time System > Show clock in menu = TRUE.

OcRamVisuMZ3.png

I'm not sure but it may be related to a specific setting that's not compatible?

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup noticed same: VisuMZ Core > Quality of life settings > New game on boot = false worked for me also.

1. Change OcRam Time System > Show clock in menu to false
2. Play and push menu. No errors.
3. Then change OcRam Time System > "Show clock in menu" back to true

BUT menu is stuffed so it might be good idea to narrow down Visu menu elements or then just disable time in menu. Now my time / weather info windows shows above some other elements.

Time / weather info works fine with VisuMZ default parameters, but it seems they have added more stuff in their demo -project.

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yup noticed same: VisuMZ Core > Quality of life settings > New game on boot = false worked for me also.

1. Change OcRam Time System > Show clock in menu to false
2. Play and push menu. No errors.
3. Then change OcRam Time System > "Show clock in menu" back to true

BUT menu is stuffed so it might be good idea to narrow down Visu menu elements or then just disable time in menu. Now my time / weather info windows shows above some other elements.

Time / weather info works fine with VisuMZ default parameters, but it seems they have added more stuff in their demo -project.

Glad you can confirm, thought I was going crazy. Will keep settings as needed until things become more compatible. Thanks for the time system by the way - going to see if I can implement something like out of "Life is Strange". Fairly new to rpgmaker scripting but I might be able to come up with something basic with events and your time system!

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, how would one have time move in reverse with your time system? I've tried using plugin command "Time interval" to set the interval to a negative number, but the minimum value allowed is 250.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eamon_Dev-Alera