CG24324

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My apologies if this has already been touched upon (I lightly skimmed the thread), or if it's in the wrong place.

Can someone give me an idea of how to increment the time per step with this plugin?
So for example, each step progresses time by 3 hours, which makes 8 steps a full day.
I don't want the time to progress in real life time, just when traveling on the map.

I've already got a system in place that tracks if the player moves, (Storing the steps, and comparing them to a variable). I think I have that set up right. I mean it could be wrong and it "just works".
I've attached an image of how I have it set up.
I added an increase of the hours variable on it as well, but it doesn't actually work.

Ignore the "TravelSpeed" variable. I'm going to have the day progress at different rates based on it, which should give the illusion of traveling "faster" since the day would progress slower at a higher travel speed.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• maptravel.jpg
    maptravel.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 3

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I load a savefile, The "Time Enabled" switch is always turned OFF, even if it's turned ON when I save my game.

- I'm using the most recent version of the plugin
- I disabled all the other plugin

What I do is : I'm in a map where time is enabled, I interect with an event that opens the Save Window, and when I save, I reboot the game, load my save file, and the switch is turned OFF

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My apologies if this has already been touched upon (I lightly skimmed the thread), or if it's in the wrong place.

Can someone give me an idea of how to increment the time per step with this plugin?
So for example, each step progresses time by 3 hours, which makes 8 steps a full day.
I don't want the time to progress in real life time, just when traveling on the map.

I've already got a system in place that tracks if the player moves, (Storing the steps, and comparing them to a variable). I think I have that set up right. I mean it could be wrong and it "just works".
I've attached an image of how I have it set up.
I added an increase of the hours variable on it as well, but it doesn't actually work.

Ignore the "TravelSpeed" variable. I'm going to have the day progress at different rates based on it, which should give the illusion of traveling "faster" since the day would progress slower at a higher travel speed.

Thanks in advance!
Thank you for the message!

And sorry for really late response, but I have been really busy with my upcoming MZ update. It's gonna be nice one - there's something coming also for MV ;)

Hmm.. Changing variable should work, but there's also JS call (which ensures day, month and year cycles if hours exceeds its limit value).

JS call: OcRam.Time_System.addHours(hours_to_add);

When I load a savefile, The "Time Enabled" switch is always turned OFF, even if it's turned ON when I save my game.

- I'm using the most recent version of the plugin
- I disabled all the other plugin

What I do is : I'm in a map where time is enabled, I interect with an event that opens the Save Window, and when I save, I reboot the game, load my save file, and the switch is turned OFF

This issue should be fixed in v2.11 (if MV is used). What is the version of OcRam_Time_System in your project?

If you are using MZ this issue will be addressed in upcoming patch (v1.07).

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV

And sorry for really late response, but I have been really busy with my upcoming MZ update. It's gonna be nice one - there's something coming also for MV ;)

Hmm.. Changing variable should work, but there's also JS call (which ensures day, month and year cycles if hours exceeds its limit value).

JS call: OcRam.Time_System.addHours(hours_to_add);

This issue should be fixed in v2.11 (if MV is used). What is the version of OcRam_Time_System in your project?

If you are using MZ this issue will be addressed in upcoming patch (v1.07).
I have the latest version (2.11), on RPG Maker MV

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have the latest version (2.11), on RPG Maker MV
Can you repeat this in new project? It might be plugin conflict and just to make sure is rpg_core.js v1.6.2?

patternBlue

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I am wondering if there is a way to allow the player to configure whether they would like to see the digital clock or the analog clock? Is there any way to change the clock face type in-game?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the message,

Yes there is a way. Go to plugin parameters: "Show clock in map" >> "Clock type in map" >> Choose "Digital"

Clock face can be edited in .\pictures\ocram -folder.

Also elements can added / edited / removed dynamically.
EDIT: Elements parameter is called "Clock elements"

Sorry it seems I can't read anymore... Nope there's no way player can change those without "hacking" (at the moment).

Last edited:

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you repeat this in new project? It might be plugin conflict and just to make sure is rpg_core.js v1.6.2?
I was certain I answered your message, I'm so sorry

Yanfly's Save Core was the problem. If someone runs into the same problem, putting the Time System Plugin under it solved it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

$Syringer.png
toying with a brand new monster design
Another doodle! Green-haired girl has no name yet, so, any suggestions?
She is about the same age as Nikki, and she is the last one of her clan, known for their innate skills in manipulating both ice and fire. She is a bit stubborn, as well as having a soft spot for kids.
Mystery messages from my AI assistant. :kaojoy:
1632842960834.png
Made some updates to a previous project I was working on. Trying to mimic the 16 bit Squaresoft aesthetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mead80