CG24324

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My apologies if this has already been touched upon (I lightly skimmed the thread), or if it's in the wrong place.

Can someone give me an idea of how to increment the time per step with this plugin?
So for example, each step progresses time by 3 hours, which makes 8 steps a full day.
I don't want the time to progress in real life time, just when traveling on the map.

I've already got a system in place that tracks if the player moves, (Storing the steps, and comparing them to a variable). I think I have that set up right. I mean it could be wrong and it "just works".
I've attached an image of how I have it set up.
I added an increase of the hours variable on it as well, but it doesn't actually work.

Ignore the "TravelSpeed" variable. I'm going to have the day progress at different rates based on it, which should give the illusion of traveling "faster" since the day would progress slower at a higher travel speed.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• maptravel.jpg
    maptravel.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 5

Kirby44

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I load a savefile, The "Time Enabled" switch is always turned OFF, even if it's turned ON when I save my game.

- I'm using the most recent version of the plugin
- I disabled all the other plugin

What I do is : I'm in a map where time is enabled, I interect with an event that opens the Save Window, and when I save, I reboot the game, load my save file, and the switch is turned OFF

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My apologies if this has already been touched upon (I lightly skimmed the thread), or if it's in the wrong place.

Can someone give me an idea of how to increment the time per step with this plugin?
So for example, each step progresses time by 3 hours, which makes 8 steps a full day.
I don't want the time to progress in real life time, just when traveling on the map.

I've already got a system in place that tracks if the player moves, (Storing the steps, and comparing them to a variable). I think I have that set up right. I mean it could be wrong and it "just works".
I've attached an image of how I have it set up.
I added an increase of the hours variable on it as well, but it doesn't actually work.

Ignore the "TravelSpeed" variable. I'm going to have the day progress at different rates based on it, which should give the illusion of traveling "faster" since the day would progress slower at a higher travel speed.

Thanks in advance!
Thank you for the message!

And sorry for really late response, but I have been really busy with my upcoming MZ update. It's gonna be nice one - there's something coming also for MV ;)

Hmm.. Changing variable should work, but there's also JS call (which ensures day, month and year cycles if hours exceeds its limit value).

JS call: OcRam.Time_System.addHours(hours_to_add);

When I load a savefile, The "Time Enabled" switch is always turned OFF, even if it's turned ON when I save my game.

- I'm using the most recent version of the plugin
- I disabled all the other plugin

What I do is : I'm in a map where time is enabled, I interect with an event that opens the Save Window, and when I save, I reboot the game, load my save file, and the switch is turned OFF

This issue should be fixed in v2.11 (if MV is used). What is the version of OcRam_Time_System in your project?

If you are using MZ this issue will be addressed in upcoming patch (v1.07).

Kirby44

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV

And sorry for really late response, but I have been really busy with my upcoming MZ update. It's gonna be nice one - there's something coming also for MV ;)

Hmm.. Changing variable should work, but there's also JS call (which ensures day, month and year cycles if hours exceeds its limit value).

JS call: OcRam.Time_System.addHours(hours_to_add);

This issue should be fixed in v2.11 (if MV is used). What is the version of OcRam_Time_System in your project?

If you are using MZ this issue will be addressed in upcoming patch (v1.07).
I have the latest version (2.11), on RPG Maker MV

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have the latest version (2.11), on RPG Maker MV
Can you repeat this in new project? It might be plugin conflict and just to make sure is rpg_core.js v1.6.2?

patternBlue

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I am wondering if there is a way to allow the player to configure whether they would like to see the digital clock or the analog clock? Is there any way to change the clock face type in-game?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the message,

Yes there is a way. Go to plugin parameters: "Show clock in map" >> "Clock type in map" >> Choose "Digital"

Clock face can be edited in .\pictures\ocram -folder.

Also elements can added / edited / removed dynamically.
EDIT: Elements parameter is called "Clock elements"

Sorry it seems I can't read anymore... Nope there's no way player can change those without "hacking" (at the moment).

Last edited:

Kirby44

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you repeat this in new project? It might be plugin conflict and just to make sure is rpg_core.js v1.6.2?
I was certain I answered your message, I'm so sorry

Yanfly's Save Core was the problem. If someone runs into the same problem, putting the Time System Plugin under it solved it.

Sirius270

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Thank you so much for this plugin (AND ESPECIALLY YOUR CO-OP ONE, WOW!!!). I'm currently working on a game and I'm not 100% sure whether I want it to be commercial, or not. Are you okay with me using your Plugin(s) as a non-commercial user until/unless I release it, and then go and pay you?
Thank you in advance!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! Thank you so much for this plugin (AND ESPECIALLY YOUR CO-OP ONE, WOW!!!). I'm currently working on a game and I'm not 100% sure whether I want it to be commercial, or not. Are you okay with me using your Plugin(s) as a non-commercial user until/unless I release it, and then go and pay you?
Thank you in advance!
Thank you for the message,

As long as you don't gain money with your project where OcRam plugins are used - OcRam plugins are free to use with credits :)

And of course testing (before buying) is OK even if project already would give you income. But if you release commercial version where OcRam plugins are used - license must be acquired before that.

IntoTheDrink

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, this plugin is great! But is there a way to make the time correspond to the real world time?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, this plugin is great! But is there a way to make the time correspond to the real world time?
Thank you for reminding me of this. I have postponed this for years now. But now it is done in my development version so it will be in next update (MZ + RETRO'able to MV).

Jeeffy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam
Hello I can't figure out how to have it where tile sets change every season change. I've been trying my hardest but i still cant grasp how to do it. I know no one else is probably having this problem but I'm super confused. can you send me screenshots of what I'm supposed to have and where I'm supposed to have it

Jeeffy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam
Hey I have another thing I need help with adding the sound effects to to each season and time. Say for instance birds chirping in spring during the day, like the it say's in the plugin. I cant figure out how to do that. I have the sound effects I just need them to go on when the time or season happens. i cant figure out how to get it to play. can you also send me screen shots of what to do and where to do it at. it would mean a lot thanks.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Jeeffy, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@OcRam
Hello I can't figure out how to have it where tile sets change every season change. I've been trying my hardest but i still cant grasp how to do it. I know no one else is probably having this problem but I'm super confused. can you send me screenshots of what I'm supposed to have and where I'm supposed to have it

@OcRam
Hey I have another thing I need help with adding the sound effects to to each season and time. Say for instance birds chirping in spring during the day, like the it say's in the plugin. I cant figure out how to do that. I have the sound effects I just need them to go on when the time or season happens. i cant figure out how to get it to play. can you also send me screen shots of what to do and where to do it at. it would mean a lot thanks.
Thank you for the messages,

Below is screen shot from my demo project (I have used tileset notes that I don't have to write those in every map that uses this tileset, but you can override tileset notetags in map notetags)
time_system_support.png
What it comes to season changing - plugin info says (highlighted with red):
Use TILESET NOTE field to define tileset to use for each season.
<season_name:tileset_id> Example: <winter:7> uses tileset with id 7
when it's season called 'winter'.

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE THAT IN MY DEMO PROJECT "WINTER TILESET IS 9", NOT 7 (AS PLUGIN INFO IS JUST AN EXAMPLE).

And BGM/BGS info - plugin info says (highlighted with yellow):
You may use tileset and map note fields to add "notetags" for season and
day phase specific BGS!

Tileset notetags inheritance (goto next line if not found):
<bgs-season:night_bgs,dawn_bgs,day_bgs,dusk_bgs>
<bgs-season:night_bgs,dawn_bgs,default_bgs>
<bgs-season:night_bgs,default_bgs>
<bgs-season:default_bgs>
<bgs:night_bgs,dawn_bgs,day_bgs,dusk_bgs>
<bgs:night_bgs,dawn_bgs,default_bgs>
<bgs:night_bgs,default_bgs>
<bgs:default_bgs>

BGM notetags are working sameway as BGS notetags
<bgm-season:night_bgm,dawn_bgm,day_bgm,dusk_bgm>
<bgm:night_bgm,dawn_bgm,day_bgm,dusk_bgm>
<bgm:default_bgm> etc...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working on a real title graphic! Here we are at an early stage:
titledemo.png
Sometimes game dev feel like...
progressMeme.png
back with more music

When I first heard a song by Nickolas Wolfe I was impressed by his musical skills and I instantly knew he was the perfect fit for the sound I was looking for Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace. The song I first heard was later used in Doirosz Arena in the game. For the launch of the demo version of Eniko next week, Nickolas made a new version of this very meaningful song!
Contemplating an old idea I once had about a fantasy world where elemental manipulation was possible, but combat uses required... creativity. Kinda like ATLA, but far more restricted, with a lot of physics-related realism driving what was possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tigroid