OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam Sorry to ping you again, I just wanted to ask, It seems that upon loading a save, time stands still, is there anything I need to specify to make sure it resumes? Thanks for your time.
Thank you for the message,

Have you checked "Time enabled" switch value? (especially if save file is created before installing this plugin)

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The auto start timer is enabled in the parameters. Upon a new game, the time enabled switch is shown as off in the debug menu but time still passes. Then I save the game, load the game and the time switch is still off but time does not pass. Even turning it on in the debug menu doesn't cause time to pass.

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam I am having a similar issue like the one above. So when I start my game out, the time ticks by as normal. However when I get to a certain point in my game, the time stops entirely and no matter what I do will no resume. I checked to make sure none of the events I came in contact with during the time it stopped had any plugin commands forcing it to do so, and I found nothing. I'm trying to figure it out but honestly I am not able to find an issue on this end. It would make more sense for it to just not work at all, but it works like a charm for a large portion of the game. I'm sorry if this is vague, just trying to see if maybe you have had this issue before or know of it. Thanks in advance!!

Edit: I just found that I am actually having the exact same issue as above. I started my game, time ran fine, yet the "time enabled" switch is off. If I save as it's working fine, then load that game back up, the switch is still off, yet the time just stands still and will not proceed forward.

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The auto start timer is enabled in the parameters. Upon a new game, the time enabled switch is shown as off in the debug menu but time still passes. Then I save the game, load the game and the time switch is still off but time does not pass. Even turning it on in the debug menu doesn't cause time to pass.
@OcRam I am having a similar issue like the one above. So when I start my game out, the time ticks by as normal. However when I get to a certain point in my game, the time stops entirely and no matter what I do will no resume. I checked to make sure none of the events I came in contact with during the time it stopped had any plugin commands forcing it to do so, and I found nothing. I'm trying to figure it out but honestly I am not able to find an issue on this end. It would make more sense for it to just not work at all, but it works like a charm for a large portion of the game. I'm sorry if this is vague, just trying to see if maybe you have had this issue before or know of it. Thanks in advance!!

Edit: I just found that I am actually having the exact same issue as above. I started my game, time ran fine, yet the "time enabled" switch is off. If I save as it's working fine, then load that game back up, the switch is still off, yet the time just stands still and will not proceed forward.
Thank you for the messages,

I'll check this when I get back to my PC in few days.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DeadlyEssence01 and @Wizorrd

First of all sorry for my late reply I was overworked and after that holidays came to save me :)

I have now updated (not yet uploaded here) Time_System to use OcRam_Core and I didn't have any problems after load and switch is also working as intended.

I was wondering if you have updated Time_System to version 1.06? If plugin has been updated it might need re-installation / re-configuring.

DeadlyEssence01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No biggie! I hope your holidays were enjoyable.

I have version 1.06, I'm pretty sure it is the only version I have had. When I created a new project to test this (just now), it seemed that the time switch turns itself off upon loading the save file saving the game, but turning it back on through the debug menu continued time as normal for the new project.

@OcRam
Edit 2: It appears that Yanfly's main menu manager plugin that allows for a debug menu in the main menu does not work properly, or something. F9 debug shows the time switch on, but debug through main menus shows it is off. So, I think the reason I thought time was off was because of this. Also the yanfly debug menu, doesn't actually seem to change switches, turning time off in that debug menu, did not turn it off, consequently, turning time on in that menu wouldn't turn it on either. So that problem was not a time plugin problem.

However, It appears that upon saving the game the time switch turns off - not upon loading the game.
I'm sure this is true too, for the new project I created, since I didn't check the switch after saving, but only after loading.

Last edited:

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam So it looks like @DeadlyEssence01 is correct. Upon starting the game, the time runs fine. However, the moment I save, time stops moving. Let it be noted that I also have yanfly's autosave plugin, and the time does NOT stop when the game autosaves, so it seems to be when I manually save via the games menu save option. The yanfly debug option isn't working, and shows the time enabled switch off, but pressing F9 shows that it is on. So as @DeadlyEssence01 stated, that portion of the issue is not on you. I wish I had found that earlier.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DeadlyEssence01 and @Wizorrd save window indeed will disable timer and it appears in v1.06 closing the save window won't re-enable the timer. However in my development version v1.07 problem has kind of auto-fixed itself?

I will investigate this further and test the plugin before releasing it.

EDIT: And please note that "Time enabled" switch SHOULD always be "Off" while you are in menu!
Use console (F8 or F12) to check switch status and write: $gameSwitches.value([your_time_enabled_switch_id])

Last edited:

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Named all the switches and all but when I go into the game, nothing changes at all. None of the tint changes or anything? Am I missing a core plugin, turned off MOG hunter Time-hud and time plugin prior to also. + any plugin recommendations to display the time of course that can be customized either by code or images.

Attachments

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Named all the switches and all but when I go into the game, nothing changes at all. None of the tint changes or anything? Am I missing a core plugin, turned off MOG hunter Time-hud and time plugin prior to also. + any plugin recommendations to display the time of course that can be customized either by code or images.

Core is always included in my plugins and displaying time is good idea! I'll try to do it in next version.

Enable "Debug mode" in plugin parameters and press F8/F12 to see if time is going forward. If it's not check that time is enabled. After time is enabled check it again.

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Core is always included in my plugins and displaying time is good idea! I'll try to do it in next version.

Enable "Debug mode" in plugin parameters and press F8/F12 to see if time is going forward. If it's not check that time is enabled. After time is enabled check it again.
Yeah no worries I'll get the core and go from there and another idea is maybe have a few images that show off the time and stuff. And then having the ability to customize said images just a thought :) whatever is easy for you honestly.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

I'm posting this just to let you know what I'm working on ATM.

Time System v2.00 planned features:
  • OcRam core integration
  • Known bugs to be fixed
  • Map clock (analog, digital or plain text)
    • Plugin command / JS call to hide it
    • Plugin parameters to modify appearances
  • Menu clock
    • Plugin parameter to show or hide it
  • Weekdays
    • New variable for current weekday
  • Captions also for months and seasons
  • Images to symbolize different day phases
Clock background(s) and day phase images will be licensed as: "Public domain" which means you can use these resources as you like without restrictions or obligations.

Please feel free to comment / throw some other ideas :)

time_menu.png

You may adjust map clocks' position, background image, font size, font face, clock type (plain text, analog or digital). What other info to show (date, weekday, month name and season).

Also plugin command / JS call to hide and show clock when ever needed. JS calls to get current weekday/month name or season as text.

Autumn night
autumn_night.png

Summer sunset
summer_sunset.png

Winter day
winter_day.png

EDIT: Oh and credits to dragon1up for clock idea and PandaMaru for awesome tilesets!

Last edited:

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam This is awesome! The night and day system getting fixed is the last thing I need to get up and running. Do you have an estimate for when the new update might be out? No rush, just wondering haha.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam This is awesome! The night and day system getting fixed is the last thing I need to get up and running. Do you have an estimate for when the new update might be out? No rush, just wondering haha.

I'll try to get it out ASAP - so maybe 2 weeks depending on how much spare time I can arrange.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice release date for OcRam_Time_System v2.00 (this wasn't planned)!

In this patch we have more visual indicators to show time passing by.

Also made the map clock rather editable via plugin parameters to give You more control over how the clock should look. In analog clock mode hour and minute hands are quite "static" and only their lengths can be modified via plugin parameters.

If analog/digital map clocks are used, following images must be in folder: ./img/clock
analog.png, digital.png, night.png, dawn.png, day.png, dusk.png

NOTE: When updating from v1.0x to v2.00 - ALL plugin parameters must be re-configured (just press 'OK' for every parameters)! Or re-install the plugin.

Latest version - v2.00 (released 2020/02/02)

• OcRam_Core added and fixed "time not passing after save"
    NOTE: While in menu >> "Time enabled" is always false
  • playBgm/Bgs won't restart buffer if it's same as previous

• Show/hide clock features added (Credits to: dragon1up)

• JS calls to get current weekday/month or season caption

• New plugin parameters:
    • Weekday variable
    • Show clock in menu?
    • Show clock in map?
    • Time format: 12h (AM / PM) or 24h
    • Captions for months, weekdays and seasons
    • Short captions for months, weekdays and seasons
  • Map clock:
    • Clock types: simple text, analog & digital
    • Clock X/Y center pos
    • Clock elements
    • Clock align (bottom-center, top-right etc...)
  • New plugin commands: time show, time hide

• Image files included in OcRam_Clock_Images.zip are free to use in any type of project - also no credits needed for using these image files.

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I installed the plugin, changed the parameters to the way I had them, and then placed the clock images in the
correct folder. When I load the game, it gives me an error saying "$gameSystem.isIndoors is not a function". Just to note, I do not have any script calls manually running outside the plugin itself that are using that, that I am aware of.

So, it looks like after disabling the OcRam_Weather_EX plugin, it allows the game to load fine, but if I enable the weather plugin, it will not.

EDIT: Okay, so with further testing, it seems like putting the OcRam_Time_System under the OcRam_Weather_EX makes it work fine. Didn't expect that because the previous version was above weather and worked. Will update if anything else occurs!

FINAL UPDATE: After thinking it was working fine, I realized the time system isn't even working when it's below the weather system. Nothing happens when enabling the time switch, or changing the hour and plugin commands
will not show the clock. Yet if I put it back above the weather plugin, I get the "$gameSystem.isIndoors is not a function". So I'm just gonna wait for a reply this time instead of wasting time by reporting false issues. Sorry about that.

Attachments

Last edited:

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I installed the plugin, changed the parameters to the way I had them, and then placed the clock images in the
correct folder. When I load the game, it gives me an error saying "$gameSystem.isIndoors is not a function". Just to note, I do not have any script calls manually running outside the plugin itself that are using that, that I am aware of.

So, it looks like after disabling the OcRam_Weather_EX plugin, it allows the game to load fine, but if I enable the weather plugin, it will not.

EDIT: Okay, so with further testing, it seems like putting the OcRam_Time_System under the OcRam_Weather_EX makes it work fine. Didn't expect that because the previous version was above weather and worked. Will update if anything else occurs!

FINAL UPDATE: After thinking it was working fine, I realized the time system isn't even working when it's below the weather system. Nothing happens when enabling the time switch, or changing the hour and plugin commands
will not show the clock. Yet if I put it back above the weather plugin, I get the "$gameSystem.isIndoors is not a function". So I'm just gonna wait for a reply this time instead of wasting time by reporting false issues. Sorry about that.
Thank you for the report,

I think problem is in plugin parameter "Clock elements" press 'ok' for EACH element in "Clock elements" or re-install plugin.

I have added check for "undefined" JSON object, but I'll add more features to v2.01 - since described issue can be easily fixed with 'ok' button.

EDIT: Also Time_System should be most top of my plugins.

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry @OcRam but can you explain what you mean? Where do I put the 'ok'. I see the "Clock Elements" Parameter, but I don't know which ones I should replace with 'ok' and if I should use 'ok' or press 'ok'. I just don't
want to erase the wrong things in there. I ask because I did try re-installing the plugin and I still get the same error when it's above the other OcRam plugins. Thanks in advance

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry @OcRam but can you explain what you mean? Where do I put the 'ok'. I see the "Clock Elements" Parameter, but I don't know which ones I should replace with 'ok' and if I should use 'ok' or press 'ok'. I just don't
want to erase the wrong things in there. I ask because I did try re-installing the plugin and I still get the same error when it's above the other OcRam plugins. Thanks in advance

Just press 'ok' Button. Oh I'll test re-install tonight to see what it does.

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam

Just press 'ok' Button. Oh I'll test re-install tonight to see what it does.
So I got it working, and it's back to normal, however just a heads up. It looks like it still has the issue with not turning back on the time enabled switch after a save. Unless I missed something else I was suppose to set up that was different than the last update.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendechuu