dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love. This. I'm now thinking you could add weather icons to it for your weather plugin.

Wizorrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@dragonx777 The weather icons are apart of the clock. He already made them :)

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@dragonx777 The weather icons are apart of the clock. He already made them :)
must not have seen them in the download. They were in the zip file?
Thank you for the messages,

I have made icons only for the day phases at the moment, but basically it would be quite easy to implement weather icons also. I will add this feature to next version. (might require update to both time and weather system)

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the messages,

I have made icons only for the day phases at the moment, but basically it would be quite easy to implement weather icons also. I will add this feature to next version. (might require update to both time and weather system)
I’ll wait for the next update then for that function. It would be something I’ve been looking for a while. I’m a ways off before I implement time and weather. I will also say I’m glad you’ve done this @OcRam. I’ll be sure to make another donation to your cause.

arcadejump

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin was super easy to implement! Thanks! I was wondering if there were any ways or plans to be able to customize the amount of months in a year? I want to have a year cycle in my game but only a few months.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Latest version - v2.02 (released 2020/02/22)
  • NOTE: This is dual update with OcRam_Weather_EX!
    If you use both: They must be updated and possibly re-installed at the same time!

• OcRam_Core v1.03
    (All images are now located in .\img\ocram -folder!)

• Weather info on map and in menu (Credits to: @dragonx777 )
    (weather info requires OcRam_Weather_EX -plugin v2.04)

• Dynamic month length, weekdays, seasons and months
    (Credits to: @arcadejump and @DeadlyEssence01 )

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Latest version - v2.02 (released 2020/02/22)
  • NOTE: This is dual update with OcRam_Weather_EX!
    If you use both: They must be updated and possibly re-installed at the same time!

• OcRam_Core v1.03
    (All images are now located in .\img\ocram -folder!)

• Weather info on map and in menu (Credits to: @dragonx777 )
    (weather info requires OcRam_Weather_EX -plugin v2.04)

• Dynamic month length, weekdays, seasons and months
    (Credits to: @arcadejump and @DeadlyEssence01 )
My man! Downloading tonight and will test it out.

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm interested in using this weather plugin for my project, I basically only need to use rain/storm and the digital clock to cycle weather and day/night etc.
I'm struggling however on how to configure this accordingly and I cannot seem to find the core plugin which is apparently needed in order to run this plugin.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm interested in using this weather plugin for my project, I basically only need to use rain/storm and the digital clock to cycle weather and day/night etc.
I'm struggling however on how to configure this accordingly and I cannot seem to find the core plugin which is apparently needed in order to run this plugin.
Thank you for the message,

Make sure that your Time_System is updated and most top of my plugins.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Where do I download the core plugin sorry?

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
OK, I have what I need but I feel the instructions is lacking a little in how to set up properly. A few pointers I wish to bring up in order for me to have a better understanding.

1. How do you define indoors to be weather immune? I'm assuming you add a note tag to the map's properties but I can't be sure.
  2. I'm lacking in understanding on how to set up the clock and it's resources.
  3. If I wish to limit weather types such as rain and storm/lightning only how to I remove the other weather types in use all together?
I hope I don't come across as a pain- usually really complicated plugins like this that all work off time/day/weathers that have so much to tamper with are difficult for me but I really do want to implement a good day/night cycle with weather thrown in on the odd occasion. Do you have a project demo that can help demonstrate how to set up?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, I have what I need but I feel the instructions is lacking a little in how to set up properly. A few pointers I wish to bring up in order for me to have a better understanding.

1. How do you define indoors to be weather immune? I'm assuming you add a note tag to the map's properties but I can't be sure.
  2. I'm lacking in understanding on how to set up the clock and it's resources.
  3. If I wish to limit weather types such as rain and storm/lightning only how to I remove the other weather types in use all together?
I hope I don't come across as a pain- usually really complicated plugins like this that all work off time/day/weathers that have so much to tamper with are difficult for me but I really do want to implement a good day/night cycle with weather thrown in on the odd occasion. Do you have a project demo that can help demonstrate how to set up?

1. Put <indoors> tag in tileset and/or map "Note" field

2. Unzip pictures (zip file at 1st page of this thread) to .\img\ocram -folder. Then ensure in plugin parameters that "Show clock in map" is "true" and other clock parameters.

3. Use weather pools to achieve any array of weathers such as only clear/rain/storm. For example if you got pool with id 1 which has only desired weather then write <weather_pools:1> to tileset and/or map "Note" field.

I'm strugling with my demo since I have always something on my "todo" list. I'm hoping to get demo done in few months... But that's only if nothing comes up.

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This works very well. I think I figured out how to change the default images, but I was wondering how I can have weather icons for each of my weather types (I have more than 4). I looked at the code and it says to name the image 'weather' + w.id. The sample image file as weather0, which is "clear" I assume, then the other 3 show either weatherx or weather-x. Is there a difference?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This works very well. I think I figured out how to change the default images, but I was wondering how I can have weather icons for each of my weather types (I have more than 4). I looked at the code and it says to name the image 'weather' + w.id. The sample image file as weather0, which is "clear" I assume, then the other 3 show either weatherx or weather-x. Is there a difference?

0 (weather0.png) = Clear
-1 (weather-1.png) = Built-in rain
-2 (weather-2.png) = Built-in storm
-3 (weather-3.png) = Built-in snow
>0 (weatherX.png) = What ever weather you have created

So if weather id 9 is active then weather9.png will be used.

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

0 (weather0.png) = Clear
-1 (weather-1.png) = Built-in rain
-2 (weather-2.png) = Built-in storm
-3 (weather-3.png) = Built-in snow
>0 (weatherX.png) = What ever weather you have created

So if weather id 9 is active then weather9.png will be used.
Perfect. Once I finally get my world map done, I’ll be sure to share how I’m using this system.

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam just had a thought about another mechanic for time/weather. How hard would it be to implement noon phases with this? Further, could there be a HUD option as well? The first I assume could be based on day switches/variables, while the latter I would just be frosting.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OcRam just had a thought about another mechanic for time/weather. How hard would it be to implement noon phases with this? Further, could there be a HUD option as well? The first I assume could be based on day switches/variables, while the latter I would just be frosting.
Thank you for message,

Do you mean every day phase would have additional phases or day phases would be dynamic also (like weekdays and months)?

dragonx777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for message,

Do you mean every day phase would have additional phases or day phases would be dynamic also (like weekdays and months)?
I just realized I misspelled. I mean “moon” not “noon” lol. something akin to FF4: the after years where the moon phase changes every so often (probably a variable each time you stay at an inn) and add buffs and debuffs to magic.

For the case of the time system, the night phase would have branches based on the day. It takes 29 days for the moon to go through its phase cycle (for us here in Earth, but could be an option to change the cycle length). I’ve included a chart.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder what cat meat tastes like.
Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creth-Alretan