OcRam - Weather_EX plugin (for MV)

OpenTangent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've also noticed that rain audio is stopping abruptly (outdoors) for no reason and then fading back in again. Any idea what's causing that?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the quick response @OcRam. Another thing; I can't seem to hear any audio while <indoors> except for the sound of thunder. I have set [Disable weather indoors] to "false". Am I missing something?

One last last thing; before I switched to your weather plugin I wrote my own weather system (which was very basic in comparison to yours). With mine, instead of reducing just volume indoors I also reduced pitch which sounded quite good for an indoor environment. In your plugin I found AudioManager._currentBgs[2/3].pitch and I added * 0.2 at the end. Hopefully that works but I can't test it because I don't hear the weather audio indoors.

Other than that I am very pleased with all your plugins, they are a huge improvement over my own attempts at a weather and day/night system and some of the other plugins will be very useful too. I'm definitely going to buy the full 40€ commercial pack for my project. Thanks for all the great work.
Thank you for the message,

I have now released v2.09 where you can set volume and pitch multipliers for indoors! Also fixed the indoors BGS bug ;)

EDIT: Only thing that comes to mind is that rain stops and next weather is also rain. Some users had problems when plugin name has changed to OcRam_Weather_EX (1).js for example. All plugin names must be kept original.

OpenTangent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I have now released v2.09 where you can set volume and pitch multipliers for indoors! Also fixed the indoors BGS bug ;)

EDIT: Only thing that comes to mind is that rain stops and next weather is also rain. Some users had problems when plugin name has changed to OcRam_Weather_EX (1).js for example. All plugin names must be kept original.
Thanks @OcRam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! OcRam, I use this plug-in Game Scene Stabilizer to solve a lot of image and audio lag problems, but when used with your plug-in, errors will occur when switching maps. Can you see what is the reason?
I tested them in a new project, only these two plugins
This is the error screenshot
1.png

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Have you tried different plugin order?

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Have you tried different plugin order?
Yes, I re-tested them in a new project, only installed these two plug-ins, and adjusted the order between them

Sorry, because I am trying out your two plugins and opened two of your posts at the same time, I posted the wrong place, it should be the problem between OcRam-Layers plugin and this Game Scene Stabilizer plugin. I haven't tried the weather plugin yet. Sorry again

Last edited:

Foerster

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello OcRam. I use your Plugin and its very usefull for me but when i use the Plugin Commands to Clear or Change the weather in battle it occurs a error with Yep_improvedBattlebacks. I have tried a different Plugin order but the error still occur. When i deactivated Yep_improvedBattlebacks it works!
Here is the error Screenshot.
Error.png
Oh and Sorry for my bad English.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, I re-tested them in a new project, only installed these two plug-ins, and adjusted the order between them

Sorry, because I am trying out your two plugins and opened two of your posts at the same time, I posted the wrong place, it should be the problem between OcRam-Layers plugin and this Game Scene Stabilizer plugin. I haven't tried the weather plugin yet. Sorry again
Hello OcRam. I use your Plugin and its very usefull for me but when i use the Plugin Commands to Clear or Change the weather in battle it occurs a error with Yep_improvedBattlebacks. I have tried a different Plugin order but the error still occur. When i deactivated Yep_improvedBattlebacks it works!
Here is the error Screenshot.
View attachment 160003
Oh and Sorry for my bad English.
First of all thank you for your messages!

And sorry for the late answer - I have been busy with my RMMZ demo project, but now that it's done I can focus to MV again.

I need download links to plugins which needs compatibility patch. Then I take look at it. Usually compatibility patches ain't that hard to do, but if it takes longer than 4-6 hours I prefer to use that time on my MZ -plugins.

Foerster

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all thank you for your messages!

And sorry for the late answer - I have been busy with my RMMZ demo project, but now that it's done I can focus to MV again.

I need download links to plugins which needs compatibility patch. Then I take look at it. Usually compatibility patches ain't that hard to do, but if it takes longer than 4-6 hours I prefer to use that time on my MZ -plugins.
Thanks for the answer!

The download link to the plugin could be difficult, because Yanfly has now a Paywall for most of his MV Plugins and the Yep_improvedBattlebacks Plugin is one of them.

However, i found a solution to the issue by myself.
Instead the Plugin Comand from your Plugin, i use the default comand and Moghunters Commands to clear or change the weather in battle. it is not the best way, but it works.

Anyway, I´ve still a few Questions over your Plugin.

I´ve tested it with your Time System Plugin and have noticed, that the weather Sunshine shows also in the Nighttime. Is it possible that this Weather shows only on Daytime and when Change to Nigttime the
Sunshine Picture Fades out?

And is there a way to add more different thunder sounds to the storm weather (also with Volume, Pitch, Pan)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just doing some tileset tinkering again...
rux
Someone please help me make my game.
I need someone to volunteer, I am on my knees man.
I made my own pizza. First critique, more chicken next time.
My pumpkin! Anyone like Fallout?

It's not terrible, but could be better. This thing took me over an hour to carve. :kaophew:

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morte-360