OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want that the BGS also play in indoor maps (Houses, Cave entrances), but the bgs wont Play even if set the "indoor volume multiplier" to 1 in the plugin settings.

But this happens only when i use the automatic weaher change from your Plugin or the Plugin Commands. When i use the built in weather function over the editor, then all is fine

Example: I use the Plugin Command (for Rain) " weather-set 1 9 180 300" the bgs wont play on indoor Maps and fade in again when i walk from one Outdoor Map to another Outdoor Map.
The same goes for the automatic weather Change.
Thank you for the report!

I don't know what has happened in which version, but indoors BGS has dropped off in some update! Can't believe I haven't noticed this before (maybe one reason is that I rarely use headphones).

Anyways - I have now fixed this issue in Weather_EX v2.11 (remember to use dropdown to select MV engine)

Foerster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the quick fix. Now the bgs plays also in indoor maps.

But now is another issue with this fix occured!

When you now start the game in an indoor map or walk in an indoor map without any weather effects active, this error occurs.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'Type' of null
at getCurrentWeatherBGS1 (OcRam_Weather_EX.js:1018)
at Scene_Map.<anonymous> (OcRam_Weather_EX.js:810)
at Scene_Map.c.(anonymous function) [as onMapLoaded] (chrome-extension://odlameecjipmbmbejkplpemijjgpljce/js/plugins/OcRam_Weather_EX.js:28:135)
at Scene_Map.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:561)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2018)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1907)

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the quick fix. Now the bgs plays also in indoor maps.

But now is another issue with this fix occured!

When you now start the game in an indoor map or walk in an indoor map without any weather effects active, this error occurs.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'Type' of null
at getCurrentWeatherBGS1 (OcRam_Weather_EX.js:1018)
at Scene_Map.<anonymous> (OcRam_Weather_EX.js:810)
at Scene_Map.c.(anonymous function) [as onMapLoaded] (chrome-extension://odlameecjipmbmbejkplpemijjgpljce/js/plugins/OcRam_Weather_EX.js:28:135)
at Scene_Map.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:561)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2018)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1907)
OMG! :kaoswt:

Sorry! I have now uploaded v2.12

id0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, OcRam. How can I disable rain particles, but without broke other storm functionality, thunder, and so on... I only want to use parallax(layers) for rain.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, OcRam. How can I disable rain particles, but without broke other storm functionality, thunder, and so on... I only want to use parallax(layers) for rain.
Thank you for the message,

Weather.prototype._rebornSprite() is the function I would overwrite (simply empty function if no weather sprites are wanted)

Reactions: id0

User1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can anyone tell me what exactly I do to make this work? Like what do I move and leave behind? This is such a badass plugin, I know the answer is probably a simple one, but, I can't find a tutorial on it, thank you so much for any help

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can anyone tell me what exactly I do to make this work? Like what do I move and leave behind? This is such a badass plugin, I know the answer is probably a simple one, but, I can't find a tutorial on it, thank you so much for any help

It depends a lot on what do you wish to achieve? Basic core and enhanced weather FX stuff is plug'n'play.

And there's tutorial about custom weather system at the first page behind spoiler.

Or do you get error message etc?

User1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

It depends a lot on what do you wish to achieve? Basic core and enhanced weather FX stuff is plug'n'play.

And there's tutorial about custom weather system at the first page behind spoiler.

Or do you get error message etc?
I just wanted to know how to go about making the falling leaves happen, I'll check the spoiler and see if I understand it right, by the way, amazing work! And thank you for the response!

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just wanted to know how to go about making the falling leaves happen, I'll check the spoiler and see if I understand it right, by the way, amazing work! And thank you for the response!
I think MOG weather plugin was the one I used in MV to achieve that kind of effects. OcRam_Weather_Ex (or OcRam_Weather_System in MZ) are more like weather engines which can call plugin commands from other plugins for cool particle effects while keeping weather system organized.

Though next update of weather system (in MZ) will have built-in firefly effect (uploading video soon about it). And I have thought to add more particle effects there also (not sure if they'll be in next release).

User1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think MOG weather plugin was the one I used in MV to achieve that kind of effects. OcRam_Weather_Ex (or OcRam_Weather_System in MZ) are more like weather engines which can call plugin commands from other plugins for cool particle effects while keeping weather system organized.

Though next update of weather system (in MZ) will have built-in firefly effect (uploading video soon about it). And I have thought to add more particle effects there also (not sure if they'll be in next release).
Aaaaaand I'm embarrassed

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dstagg96