OcRam - Weather_EX plugin [v2.03 updated 2019/10/06]

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by OcRam, Jan 11, 2018.

1. OcRam

OcRam Servant of the Universe Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Introduction
    Weather Extensions to default RMMV weather system. And with a little configuring you can add fully customized and automated weather system!

This is what this plugin does:
    • Weather can be inherited to battle scene
    • Storm, blizzard and rain may have BGS (volume varied by power)
    • Dynamic lightnings to storm (on desired power via auto pan / pitch)
    • Weather BGS is DEDICATED, so it won't interfere other BGS
    • Choose if you want to use 'OcRam enhanced' weather effects!

weather_demo.jpg

parameters.png

Credits to PandaMaru for seasonal tree tilesets!

STEP 1: Setup weather pools!

weather_pools.png
    (It's important that pool ID is UNIQUE!)

weather_pool.png

STEP 2: Setup weather objects!

weathers.png

(It's important that weather ID is UNIQUE!)

weather.png
    You may use plugin commands in any weather! It's important to remember reverse any plugin commands in ALL weathers.

You may use JS in all plugin commands. To do this just wrap your JS code like this ${myJSCode();}!

Example below:
    lunatic.png

layer 1 fog ${rndNz(-3,3);}! ${rndNz(-3,3);}! ${(power + 1) / 10;}! true 2 repeat:x,y
    Above line is plugin command to add FOG layer in OcRam_Layers -plugin!
    layer [Z-index] [Bitmap_name] [x_speed] [y_speed] [opacity] [bound_to_map] [fade_per_frame] [repeat]

power = current weather power values (1-9)

STEP 3: Plugin command reverse instructions

clear_and_indoors_instructions.png
    To reverse plugin commands use "Clear instructions" (should be 'faded' effect) and "Indoors instructions" (should be instant effect).

STEP 4: Write tileset / map meta tags
    tileset_meta.png
    Above example tells plugin that this tileset uses weather pool Id 1 and all weathers linked to it! You may use several pools at the same time! Example <weather-pools:1,2,3>

tileset_meta2.png
    Above example tells plugin that this tileset should be treated as INDOORS map (doesn't rain here example)! You may also mute weather TOTALLY by adding <no_lightnings> tag!

Latest version - v2.03 (released 2019/10/06)
    • Weather BGS will not "jump" to start after menu/save scenes
    • Automated lightnings now checks "Min storm power"
    Previous versions:
    • New param "No flashing on indoor maps"
    • Fixed bug where missing weather pools caused error (notetags not found)
    • Enhanced weather effects (adds depth in all CORE weather effects - in original core effects weather sprites are all same size and have same speed etc...)
    • New mode 'blizzard' to weather type 'snow' if it comes powerful enough! With default plugin parameters if 'snow' power is 5 it becomes BLIZZARD!
    • Added 'Weather variable' where current weather ID is stored (for example some events might be visible only if it is raining...)
    • Indoors meta tag (just add <indoors> tag to tileset or map note field to prevent weather effects in desired maps/tilesets) - Exception: in 'STORM' mode Thunder SE (50% silenced) and dim flash is also shown indoors map, but it will not rain!
    • No lightnings meta tag (just add <no_lightnings> tag to tileset/map note field to prevent all weather effects in desired tileset/map)
    • Weather pools can be used to group weathers and in tileset/map meta you can define which pools are possible in this tileset/map! Also can be used to adjust more probable/unprobable weathers
    • Custom weathers can be achieved via new OcRam Weather object which consists built-in weathers + plugin command array + 2 different BGS channels!
    • Automatic weather system is possible to accomplish with these new features!
    Donation pricing model is no longer allowed on these forums (because it's not legal in some countries). That is the only reason I have to change my pricing model to paid-commercial-use. I really would have liked it to keep it old way, but law is law.

If you have downloaded this plugin before this change to Terms of Use, you are free to follow those terms. And if you download current version please follow latest Terms of Use.

Terms of Use
    Non-commercial: Free to use with credits to 'OcRam' for using this plugin.
    Commercial use: See details below
    License must be obtained BEFORE you start to DISTRIBUTE your game. Even if you obtain commercial license; copyrights still remain as they are. NOTE: If you gain money with your game by any means (crypto-mining, ads, purchase incomes, micro-transactions etc...) it is considered commercial use of this plugin!

License types (licenses are per project):
    • Standard: 9.99 EUR - Paid in full (credits to ”OcRam” is required for using this plugin)
    • No credits: 49.99 EUR - Paid in full (credits not required)
    To obtain license:
    Mention which plugin license(s) you want to purchase and your project name(s).
    PayPal link: https://paypal.me/MarkoPaakkunainen

To obtain several licenses with discount: Each license purchased will reduce next plugin price by 2€ until minimum price of 2€ per license. Discounts can be used on any OcRam -plugin.

After payment: I will send you verification e-mail that you may use this plugin commercially in project: [Your_project_name_here] with [license_type].

My (long-term) Project
    banner.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  2. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @OcRam
    How come no one have commented on this I wonder? :kaoswt2: I just tried it out and it's a really easy to use, basically plug-n-play, yet a very nice plugin with great features! And among those, the dynamic lightning effect is a really cool and unique one. It saves me the space, time and frustration it usually takes to set up a common event for simulate lightnings strikes. Something I've spend a couple of hours on perfecting more than once (for different projects over the years).
    The fact that weather effects carries over into battle is also great of course. In fact, it is the reason I'm downloading this plugin to begin with, but while there are other plugins that can also do that, none of those have parameters for dynamic lightning which is just such a yummy feature!

Great job in making this! And thank you for giving the community access to it for free! :kaoluv:

Are there any future features planned for this plugin... or is it just about done?
    At this point, I've no suggestions myself since it pretty much does what I want it to do in my current project without complicating things. But I'd hope to see continued support (and maybe improvement) on this hidden gem!

OcRam likes this.
  3. loki2007

loki2007 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I love the fact that it works with my other favorite environmental plugins: Khas scripts, Galv's layers, and Mog's weather EX.

Parallax Panda and OcRam like this.
  4. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for trying this plugin out @Parallax Panda and @loki2007. I have no future features planned at the moment. And like @loki2007 said it works with other weather/environmental plugins. That is one of the main reasons I didn't implement other weather FX such as wind blow and/or fog/sunray effects.

But of course if someone comes up with orginal idea for "Weather" plugin we can discuss about future development.

Parallax Panda likes this.
  5. dragonx777

dragonx777 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @OcRam. this is a great plugin. I am having one issue when transitioning from a "storm" to "clear" weather. The "storm" sound effects and flashes enabled by the plugin are still in effect. I've tried turning off all other plugins and still have the same problem. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I love how the weather transitions into battle.

As far as an original idea for a "weather" plugin, I think i may have an idea that would interest you.

OcRam likes this.
  6. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the message @dragonx777,

And I'm really sorry that it took so long to respond! I think you need to stop SFX manually ATM by using "stop_bgs2" and "stop_bgs3" plugin commands. But I think I'll make it automatic to next version. What would be the orginal idea for "weather" -plugin?

Edit: Remember also call "clear_weather" plugin command and built-in functionality "set weather effect: none, xx frames"

7. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @OcRam No worries at all. I know how life gets. I'll give that a shot. In terms of my idea, could we first discuss via PM to make sure it's viable?

OcRam likes this.
  8. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @OcRam i read your “under development” stuff and I will say I am excited. It sounds like it will be exactly what I need. This will be compatible with MV 1.6.1? I ask because I was forced to upgrade yesterday to use some new plugins.

OcRam likes this.
  9. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the message,

Yes this will be RMMV 1.6.1 compatible (It is actually developed with this version). And FYI: I think plugin will be released this month (if there are no set backs).

10. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is awesome. I can’t wait to try this.

OcRam likes this.
  11. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's a sneak peak for Weather_EX v2.00 introducing 'Enhanced Weather Effects'

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  12. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That. Is. Fantastic! and will the weather effects carry over into battle as well? Also, if it wouldn't be too difficult, would Fog, Sand/Duststorms, Ash be possible? I'm using other plugins to achieve those effects at the moment. Dude. I'm super excited about this. My key to this is the automatic weather.

13. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes effects created with OcRam -plugins will carry to battles also, but I can't guarantee that effects created with other plugins will do so...

With OcRam Weather objects: Fog/Sand/sunrays/leafs/dust/ash/flower/sh*t storms are all possible to do via OcRam_Layers and for example MOG_Weather_EX -plugins :kaophew:

14. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well. That'll do then. :kaojoy: Imma start to look at the Layers plugin.

15. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can make pretty neat effects really simple with OcRam weather objects! In this example I have just used core weather 'snow' and added 'fog' layer for extra immersion! Then just wait for auto-weather to randomize it or set it immediatly via "set-wether" -plugin command!

Credits to PandaMaru for winter trees and bridge!

Sneak peak - Part 2

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Parallax Panda, miani and dragonx777 like this.
  16. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I definitely need winter tiles anyway. Man, the more I see this the more I want it now. Need a tester? XD

OcRam likes this.
  17. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    At last it is here OcRam_Weather_EX v2.00!

Latest version - v2.00 (released 2019/05/2019)
    • Enhanced weather effects (adds depth in all CORE weather effects - in original core effects weather sprites are all same size and have same speed etc...)
    • New mode 'blizzard' to weather type 'snow' if it comes powerful enough! With default plugin parameters if 'snow' power is 5 it becomes BLIZZARD!
    • Added 'Weather variable' where current weather ID is stored (for example some events might be visible only if it is raining...)
    • Indoors meta tag (just add <indoors> tag to tileset or map meta to prevent weather effects in desired maps/tilesets) - Exception: in 'STORM' mode Thunder SE (50% silenced) and dim flash is also shown indoors map, but it will not rain!
    • Weather pools can be used to group weathers and in tileset/map meta you can define which pools are possible in this tileset/map! Also can be used to adjust more propable/unpropable weathers
    • Custom weathers can be achieved via new OcRam Weather object which consists built-in weathers + plugin command array + 2 different BGS channels!
    • Automatic weather system is possible to accomplish with these new features!

18. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    That's exactly what I wanted for my project, standard weather effects are a bit artificial. I really liked your improvements.

OcRam likes this.
  19. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There are no words to express how I feel about this. I'm going to have a very unhappy spouse for the next few days while I add my weather system to my game. :kaojoy:

Now I just need to figure out weather pools and attaching them to region IDs.

:kaoluv:

OcRam likes this.
  20. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @OcRam
    Hey man, I've had your old weather plugin installed in all my projects for a long time now and this just takes it to another level.
    This plugin looks so good I can't see any reason not to use it - in every game! Just... wow!

And the indoors tag, such a neat detail. You didn't have to add it, but you did and it makes development much more comfortable. And you even adjusted it logically to what you'd want for a thunderstorm (of course you'll hear some of the thunder when inside). I'm flabbergasted! :kaoluv:

OcRam and dragonx777 like this.