OcRam - Weather_EX plugin [v2.03 updated 2019/10/06]

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by OcRam, Jan 11, 2018.

1. OcRam

OcRam Servant of the Universe Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the message,

To make own weather automation based on region Id's is possible to do ofc, but it requires little scripting/eventing. Tip: You may randomize weather from desired pool via "weather-random 1" -plugin command (where 1 = poold id). Please keep in mind that this will check 'clear weather' possibility and probability for randomized weather from this pool also.

By default: I have not implemented automatic weather pool triggering into region Ids. And without other plugins and/or scripts only way to trigger automatic "plug'n'play" weather system is tileset or map note field.

tileset_meta.png

You can also mute lightnings and weather BGS totally with <no_lightnings> tag (in tileset OR map note field - and map meta will override tileset meta)! For example you are so deep in dungeon that it is impossible to hear any weather sounds...

dragonx777 and Parallax Panda like this.
  2. dragonx777

dragonx777 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @OcRam I’ll give it a go with the weather pools and eventing. It should still be easier than what I have now. How would I go about using the layer plugin to create additional weathers like fog, sandstorm, etc and add them to weather pools, if possible?

3. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have used following plugin command (with OcRam_Layers): layer 1 fog ${rndNz(-3,3);}! ${rndNz(-3,3);}! ${(power + 1) / 10;}! true 2 repeat:x,y

layer [Z-index] [Bitmap_name] [x_speed] [y_speed] [opacity] [bound_to_map] [fade_per_frame] [repeat]

weather.png
    lunatic.png

rndNz is just built-in function in weather-ex plugin it randomizes NON-ZERO integer between given range. And 'power' is just local variable name which refers to current weather power (integer 1-9) so for example (power + 1) / 10 will produce value between 0.1 - 1.0 which in this case is used as opacity parameter.

ps. There's tutorial at 1st page of this thread.

dragonx777 likes this.
  4. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yep. Totally missed the tutorial. I’m old XD. This once again is great and I’ll be testing this out as soon as I can.

Marquise* likes this.
  5. dragonx777

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @OcRam this is a true masterpiece. I've tested it with just the basic weathers (rain, storm, snow) for different regions with the default pools and it works wonderfully. Granted, I've yet to put it through the wringer by adding all 16 effects I have panned, but I have no doubt there will not be an issue given I've tested about 7 different region IDs. This needs to be promoted.

OcRam likes this.
  6. Momochy

Momochy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Maybe I'm just a noob, but I don't understand any of this

7. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello and thank you for the message,

To have basic features enabled this is plug'n'play -plugin. It gives you lightning effects (flash/BGS etc...) which you would otherwise have to create. Basic features also includes more enhanced weather effects (in core weather system all rain drops / snow flakes have same size and speed).

To create totally automatic weather system is for more advanced users. Remember that you can do it by default RMMV eventing without this plugin, but it is not that simple and it might require several events or few MEGA size events to achieve working system also having parallel events not to be optimized can be pitfall.

This plugin gives you more structured weather system with parallel eventing already taken care of. You need to create weather pools and weather effects as you like (you might want to integrate MOG_Weather_EX plugin for example). This feature is not plug'n'play you need to tell plugin what kind of weathers you want and which pools it can occur. 1st page includes basic tutorial where I have tried to explain how it works.

To sum it up: creating fully automatic weather system requires work.

8. snakehong

snakehong A cat with lots of questions Veteran

First Language:
    korea
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, OcRam.
    First of all, thank you for creating a fantastic plug-in.
    I have a question.
    Is there any way to use conditioned parts in the weather system?
    I want to know how!
    I want to make it obese in summer and snow in winter. But there are also sunny days. I don't know how to describe this. And when it's thunder and lightning, the act wants to get a demage. Will it be possible?
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  9. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the message. And I'm really sorry for really late response,..

Is there any way to use conditioned parts in the weather system?
    I'm not sure what is the question, but you can use "Weather variable" to check what is the current weather id. This might come handy if you want to boost lightning damage when it's raining (or actors can take damage randomly etc...)

You must first create "Weather pools" like winter/summer etc... then you must create all possible weathers for each pool. 1st page of this thread has basic tutorial how to do this.

10. snakehong

snakehong A cat with lots of questions Veteran

First Language:
    korea
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your interest and help!

OcRam likes this.
  11. BurningOrca

BurningOrca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've downloaded the recent version and sadly have to do a bug report:
    Error.PNG

It is reproducible very simply in a new empty project using just your plugin with every parameter kept at default.
    The map must not include any of your notetags.
    Setup an event that first changes the weather and afterwards transfers you to a new or the same map.

1. When setuped like this the function setRandomWeather is never called, which means "_currentRndPool" keeps being null.
    2. When executing the change weather command from the event your function executeBuiltInWeather is called, which always sets
    "_currentRndWeather".
    3. When executing the map transfer command from the event "onMapLoaded" is called which calls "setWeatherById" when _currentRndWeather is set.
    4. Error Callstack.PNG
    This line of code will fail.

Otherwise this plugin is amazing. Thank you for your hard work.

OcRam likes this.
  12. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the detailed report!

Latest version is now released (v2.01).

In this version >> if _currentRndPool is null plugin will default to: {"Id":"1","Name":"Default Pool","PowerBoost":"0","MinClearTime":"30","MaxClearTime":"300","ClearChance":"50","ProbableWeatherIds":"[0]","ProbableBonus":"25","ImprobableWeatherIds":"[0]","ImprobablePenalty":"25"};

dragonx777 likes this.
  13. BurningOrca

BurningOrca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the quick fix!

OcRam likes this.
  14. Gigadragon78

Gigadragon78 Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First of all,thanks you very much for yor awesome plugin.. I dont now if is is a bug,but for some reason the bgs is not working for me. Excuse me for my bad english.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  15. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Is there any errors? Or BGS just won't play? What does console log say (if you put on debug mode)?

Gigadragon78 likes this.
  16. Gigadragon78

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The bgs just wont play,the console doesnt show anything and there is not crashes.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  17. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What are your plugin settings and what other plugins you use? Is it repeatable for example in new project? And do configured BGS exisist in \bgs -folder?

Gigadragon78 likes this.
  18. Gigadragon78

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I disable all the plugins except yours,but i still cannot listen the bgs. And yes,im using another file because i dont have the one that comes by default. EDIT: IT IS REPEATABLE IN A NEW PROJECT.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  19. Risen1921

Risen1921 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi,

Is there away to have the weather sound play inside, but with no flash on the screen when it thunders?

20. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I have tried to repeat this issue without success. Is the file in format that RMMV engine can play it?

I'll add "No flashing on indoor maps" parameter to next version.

EDIT: I have now released new version (v2.02). Donation pricing model is no longer allowed (forum rules have been updated based on law in some countries) so please read new Terms of Use.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019