OcRam - Weather_EX plugin [v2.03 updated 2019/10/06]

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by OcRam, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Wizorrd

Wizorrd Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm having a little issue with the weather plugin. If I'm walking around in my game, and the rain starts randomly as I have it set up to do via map note tags, if I open my menu and close it, every time the menu closes, the rain bgs restarts. This seems to only happen with the weather sounds, as the sounds associated with night time don't get effected by exiting the menu.

2. OcRam

OcRam Servant of the Universe Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

(I had exhibition week at my work and now back at home.) I have now tested this and I couldn't re-produce issue you described. What other plugins you use? And what is the import order of your plugins?

3. Wizorrd

Wizorrd Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm using quite a lot of plugins (about 30). If you are unable to reproduce the issue on your end, it is very likely that is on my end. I will have to go through and disable plugins until I find the one causing the issue. As for import order of the plugins I have from you, thus far, are as follows. OcRam_Time_System, OcRam_Lights, OcRam_Weather_EX, OcRam_Local_Coop. It's probably my fault.

4. Wizorrd

Wizorrd Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay so something odd is going on. I went through one by one and turned every single plugin off after running the game with rain, and it's still doing it. the only two plugins I have currently on at the moment is OcRam_Weather_EX and DKTools and the issue is still happening. Could I maybe have the plugin order incorrect? Otherwise I'm not sure what would be happening. The rain BGS continues to play when I open the menu, but the moment I close it, it restarts the BGS. Sorry for bouncing around, but I just opened a brand new project. Put OcRam_Weather_EX in as the ONLY plugin, configured the map notes, and it's still happening. Just in case this could be it, I have the map note tags as followes, <bgs:Night,Silence>
    <weather-pools:1,2,3> (silence is an audio file I have that plays nothing, so that only night sounds play at night and nothing during the day)

OcRam likes this.
  5. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi and thank you for the feedback!

Now I managed to re-produce this issue you described. I will fix this to next version.

6. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Wizorrd I have now released the fix for the BGS issue after menu. Made also few other fixes.

Latest version - v2.03 (released 2019/10/06)
    • Weather BGS will not "jump" to start after menu/save scenes
    • Automated lightnings now checks "Min storm power"

7. Wizorrd

Wizorrd Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome thank you! I went right in to use it and it seems as though now, I can't get it to show rain at all. I set the plugin parameters up the same
    as they were before the new version. Is there something I am missing?

8. OcRam

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm... That's strange... is this happening in new project also? And I assume rain weather id is included one of the pools declared in tileset/map? And plugin parameters are untouched in this patch, so yes they should be same.

9. Wizorrd

Wizorrd Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I created a variable for the rain weather id and that was it, is that all that's needed or maybe I'm not doing that part correctly. Before, it seemed to rain 8/10 times when I would load into a map. After putting the new plugin in, it seems like it isn't wanting to rain at all. I'll mess with it a bit more and see if I can't find what might have happened.

FIXED. The issue the whole time is that I'm a doofus! When importing the plugin, it renamed to OcRam_Weather_EX (2) so it was my fault all along. Works perfectly now! Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    OcRam likes this.