Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Introduction

Unlike my other plugins this plugin won't need OcRam_Core in order to work.

This plugin provides autotiling (and B-E tiling) in-game for your RPG Maker projects! Enable autosave/load for edited map data with 1 plugin parameter!

OR then just do it with custom logics and disable autosave/load. Save map data with $gameMap.saveData() and load it with $gameMap.loadData()

Edit tiles with $gameMap.setAutoTile(x, y, z, tile_idx, d4)
x = X coordinate to paint
y = Y coordinate to paint
z = Layer to paint (starts with 0)
tile_idx = Tile index from left-to-right (starts with 0)

Indexes 0 to 127 are autotiles. Indexes 128 to 255 will be processed as 'Normal tiles' even if used 'setAutoTile'.
tile_indexes.png

And draw B-E tiles (or choose ANY shape from autotiles!)
$gameMap.setNormalTile(x, y, z, tile_id)
x = X coordinate to paint
y = Y coordinate to paint
tile_id = See spoiler

B = 0 to 255
C = 256 to 511
D = 512 to 767
E = 768 to 1023
A1 (Animations) = 2048 to 2815
A2 (Ground) = 2816 to 4351
A3 (Buildings) = 4352 to 5887
A4 (Walls) = 5887 to 8191
A5 = 1536 to 1663

I've tested this also in MV and seems to work same way as in MZ.

Terms of Use: Free to use with credits to 'OcRam'

This plugin has no overwrites at all, so it should be placed bottom of your plugin list.

Happy RPG Making!

Attachments

• OcRam_Map_Editor.js
    26.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Rex Tenebris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks really interesting, is there a chance to enter/exit from "edit mode" ingame? Can you bring a demo?

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks really interesting, is there a chance to enter/exit from "edit mode" ingame? Can you bring a demo?
Thank you for the message,

I'm thinking about to add some examples to my demo -project.

This plugin only provides "API" to edit maps in-game and save map data (per save file). Execution for "edit mode" is up to users of this plugin.

Personally I use it to shape maps based on some events (like water behind obstacle and when that obstacle is removed, water flows in map where it didn't flow earlier (or vice versa) or then some explosions that damages buildings and maybe even destroys them to ruins or perhaps building roads through forest when monsters in it has been wiped out! etc...).

In my current project I had several maps for such events, but this plugin allows me to re-shape maps to what ever I like! And best part is that each save file can have different map data for same map!!!

Latest event that I did was the bridge over the river was exploded and player had to repair it again so he could get over the river.

Of course this plugin can be used for player to decorate hero's room or even build a town, but like said "edit mode" is up to you. I'd probably would do it with some events and JS provided by this plugin.

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,

I've made an update for this with following fixes:
  • Normal '8-dir' autotiling now connects to map edges
  • Water autotiles now connects to waterfall tiles
  • Improved plugin documentation
  • Z parameter now corresponds the layer in editor
    (meaning z-indexes starts from 1)
    map_editor_update2.png
  1. Map before edits (after certain event water starts to flow)
  2. Result before update (v1.00) (water tiles didn't connect to map edge and water didn't connect to waterfall)
  3. After update (to v1.01) all tiles will connect as expected
map_editor_update.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phunction