Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Weekend update:
-Wrote the scenes for when you enter the forest, and the first cutscene as you progress through it.

That is probably going to be it for me for May as I take Sundays off, and then we'll be on the 1st. I'll update the title of the thread as we'll roll over for at least one more month.

daheji

Call me Dah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVX

Version Fille in english is now complete!

Translating the 8 chapters of Version Fille was pretty fast. I didn't run into much trouble, but then, Version Fille was already a finished game that needed an english translation.

I'm quite happy about it, and new players are enjoying Version Fille! Still, I do need to "sell" the game more to have more players.

Now, I'll rework a bit the french version of Version Fille, then I'll go work on new projects!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
June Goals:
-Complete cutscenes to the 2/3rd point of Shipwrecked. I'll also have to redo balancing for the last half of the game too as my balancing for the 2nd half is just me tossing numbers for now.
-Complete optional areas 2 and 3.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finalized the PR demo build this morning and have started to add the final NPCs for the villages and townships where I haven't yet done so. Though I did decide to throw in a sort of language provision involving two sisters and their renegade brother who happens to have the dumbest view of trade privilege, to the point of having that gut feeling of "estar casado con la mafia" (translation: the putrid stench of being married to the mob). The joke, of course, is that one sister can only talk a certain way by which the other is presumably the only one in the room who can understand a single word of it, yet at the same time it's all taken from an actual foreign language which you can run through Google Translate if you get stuck with deciphering her verbal cues.

RachelCantFocus

Bad art, Worse ideas.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just putting the finishing touches on my game and doing my best to navigate posting to steam.

karen face.png My game, Cupcake: an Apartment Adventure, was complete but then I made a dialogue picture for a character who has no dialogue and now I really want to add some more to do with her in the game. Her name is Karen Honeycomb and yes, she does want to speak to the apartment manager.

Also I recently posted the demo and I'm hoping to post the full game on August 7th, 2020.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I redid the whole EXP progression, so that instead of being around level 8 by the time the demo is done, you're around level 3 or 4. Balance feels much better as a result. I did a full playtest as well, and that lasted three and a half hours. I also wrote some more side-character back story.

Goals for June:
  • Finish the Wanderer class! I only have 3 class skills to go.
  • Minor finishing touches before the demo is released.
  • Finish the forum post for the demo.
  • Hopefully put my demo on this website!

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
New title screen for The Cube Trail. I think it turned out alright with my limited photoshop skills.

CubeTrailTitle2.png

Also, I'm currently working on my forum posting for Battle Castle: Shadow From the Past. The game demo is ready and everything, just need to get the posting right.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Major improvement to the Microsoft Store prototype. Utilizing older information from prior, abandoned attempts I finally got the game to size properly on both Windows 10 and Xbox. My only remaining procedure is to get the game to properly support an exit function again (which I have no idea of what happened) and after that I can finally reduce my targeting to a single package and not have to also include a launcher for NWJS (which also means less advancements of the version number as I have been essentially forced to even/odd the two variants in order for the uploads to actually work properly.

In the meantime I have expanded on the content at the current point of the storyline and have decided that information mentioned during the build-up to this situation warrants a time attack scenario (read: you have to finish a story objective within the allotted time, or else you're screwed and it's game over). I won't go into detail because spoilers, but suffice to say that you have to stop a corruption plot against the flow of sacred guidance.

EDIT: I ended up going through several version numbers anyway, but only because I didn't have the Universal Windows compiler set properly. (No joke: I basically started at alpha 32 and ended up running it straight to alpha 53! But then again, it's at least partially excusable seeing how much content I have added since I last compiled that particular build.) But after all that I followed up by adding the the exit command back in and getting it to work with the UWP interface and now have to wait on asset verification and other final checks on the other end to be sure that I have everything configured properly for whenever launch day shall come.

EDIT 2: I'm also changing the release strategy to use an episodic rollout due to the submission checklist requirements.

EDIT 3: Moving upon the episodic rollout! Beta one content begins at the start of the proceedings and runs until the end of the liberation of your mystic associate's homeland. Submission processing will finally begin once the package has been verified.

Last edited:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's finally here! As I post this, I'm uploading my first game demo to the forum. I'm so happy to contribute something I've worked hard on for others to enjoy.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the reason I keep scrapping and restarting my project is because-- based on my mood --I go back and forth between doing the project I actually want to do (but requires a lot of prep work regarding plugin-hunting/databasing/mapping&eventing and significant commitment to a story that I've gone through what feels like countless rough drafts of), versus the project I think I could actually get done that involves very little extra work (but lack any actual passion needed to complete).

I'm beginning to miss when I younger and could just make custom stages in super smash bros centering around fanfiction involving [insert whoever I was maining at the moment here] fighting robots and dinosaurs played by Lv 1 CPUs and that was enough to satisfy my imagination and desire to make video games. :(

Now I have actual ambitions for my stories and it suuuuuucks because I know it's pretty much impossible to implement my ideas the way I want to without putting money into hiring people to do the hard parts correctly and thus making it a product that costs money to play and would therefore need to hold up to others people's fickle, unrealistic expectations and not just my own fickle, unrealistic expectations T_T

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
June goals? As a farmer in the Spring, and a health care worker in the apocalypse.. I'm struggling to just maintain my sanity or have any sort of rest at all. Hahaha!! :(

-MIA

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the reason I keep scrapping and restarting my project is because-- based on my mood --I go back and forth between doing the project I actually want to do (but requires a lot of prep work regarding plugin-hunting/databasing/mapping&eventing and significant commitment to a story that I've gone through what feels like countless rough drafts of), versus the project I think I could actually get done that involves very little extra work (but lack any actual passion needed to complete).

I'm beginning to miss when I younger and could just make custom stages in super smash bros centering around fanfiction involving [insert whoever I was maining at the moment here] fighting robots and dinosaurs played by Lv 1 CPUs and that was enough to satisfy my imagination and desire to make video games. :(

Now I have actual ambitions for my stories and it suuuuuucks because I know it's pretty much impossible to implement my ideas the way I want to without putting money into hiring people to do the hard parts correctly and thus making it a product that costs money to play and would therefore need to hold up to others people's fickle, unrealistic expectations and not just my own fickle, unrealistic expectations T_T

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
June goals:
- Finish up a menu system (nearly there)
- Upload a prototype build to Steam (done)

Seems like I'll manage to get my goals done earlier than expected ^^

ADMtn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, maybe I should've just scratched my need-to-share-about-my-work itch with this post string instead of asking people about their experiences customizing their games.

Anyway--

June Goals:
  1. Learn enough javascript to create my own plugin for a customized menu which looks absolutely nothing like the default (finished the free codecademy material, and now going through Hack Reactor's free stuff; if anyone has advice that isn't to simply use someone else's plugin, please reach out).
  2. Bring my total number of custom sprites to 24 (have 10 out of 24 so far).
  3. Flesh out my custom tilesets (to fill out at least all the available space for A, B, and C in my Exterior and Interior tilesets).

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found a last-minute issue with my battlebacks - apparently my crypt design (which is based in part on the Ace samples) expected a Stone5 definition which by default is nonexistent in the number of assets provided with MV, so obviously I had to match that with the associated Ace materials. (But hopefully with all that's reportedly being packed into MZ I can begin to limit the amount of asset upscaling that I currently require of the Ace assets once I add the new edition to my toolset.) In the meantime, I have also rewritten the entire prologue to use a more identity-neutral format and updated the promotional screenshots to match the new visual design that I'm using, along with the remaining boss implementations that I hadn't yet updated.

rondchild

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
Almost one year I disappear..So It's time I'm comeback with something news!
We finally completed DE:VOID... I almost cry when our game is finished TAT

So, this week I creating a teaser for DE:VOID.
Here's my progress to make sneak peak teaser.

I almost make 100 picture in a month lol
So, I need more and MORE to DRAW for the second phase...need more 1 minutes to make it all complete TAT

Next I'll creating gameplay trailer.
I hope, you love my lastest progress.

Thank you

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I finally have gotten around to releasing a demo for Battle Castle: Shadow For the Past, after who knows how many years of tinkering, writers block, and procrastinating. :kaophew:

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
My work on the menu system is now completed. It feels weird getting something done in good time.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finished running all my ink effects on the RTP tileset parts that I want to have it on for now, and I also have a trailer prototype as well. Unfortunately for reasons best not explained per certain details, there can be no redistribution or page embed of the prototype trailer (which of course should be rather obvious after you figure out what I did), and that doesn't mean the featured track is going to be a part of the final product either (which is also for obvious reasons). I have also now officially finished my plot arc up to the end of episode one.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I actually managed to release a demo for Ascension Day! It's buggy as heck but I'm still kind of proud of myself because I was really nervous to get it out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.
There’s a beehive in my wall
Just finished my midterms! Freedom! Alright, back to gamedev!
I confirmed my train ticket yesterday. I'll be heading to Orlando on the 29th... last time I went, I found this little treasure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpunkySpade