cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Got some good progress done on The Cube Trail yesterday, the side fight between two good gear providers is almost complete. Then, I can move on to the final map, and the miscellaneous things before I can release the revamped demo.

gabrieldiastche

Gabriel Dias
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello guys, my focus this year is complete my game called Luke Inn, I have an anxiety problem and that keeps me bringing bad things, but this time it will be different!

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am finishing the MZ tutorials yesterday. It is not a major breakthrough, but I am happy to relearn the basic from the tutorials.

GMDev997

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just today started working on the combat system for my game. It will be a timing- and turn-based battle system, similar to Paper Mario. The enemies will have a range of attack options which will be telegraphed so that you have to learn which will be used and then figure out when to block/avoid them.

I'm doing all the scripting myself so I can get experience with writing plugins before using and modifying existing plugins. I'm hoping to finish the main mechanics within the week and finish the game within the month. Not really sure how well that's going to work out, but I'm giving it a shot!

Battle system so far: action sequencing with variation in easing between points, as well as other in-progress modifications, such as removing the battlelog.

Another Ned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's been a while (used to go by 'Chiara' on here, in case someone's wondering, but that one doesn't fit anymore).
Have been taking a break from game dev, but I'm sort of back in the game (can't stay away for too long I guess) (even though the place sure has changed over the last year).

My current project doesn't even have a working title yet, but it's about two guys who initially can't stand each other, are forced to work together, and find out that they're actually not that different (basically, a classic enemies-to-friends plot).

What I already have (done over the last two August weeks):
  • preliminary designs for my two (main) characters (to have the slightest hope of finishing this, I forbid myself from creating any NPCs except for the very short first scene) (because I always spend too much time on my NPCs)
  • a vague idea of the locations, both visually and lore-wise
  • a super-vague idea of gameplay
  • basic outlines of the personality traits (I rolled dice) and backstories of aforementioned characters
What I'd like to get done in September:
  • mood/reference boards of the three areas
  • an idea of what the first scene will look like
  • a more concrete idea of gameplay
  • bonus points if I get studies of my references done
  • even more bonus points if I can come up with a proper story
Also, have a screenshot of the placeholder title screen which contains aforementioned characters:

Featuring the preliminary designs and an old concept for another project. Nothing final here.
To the left we have Caerad dy Yaenday. He's technically a prince, convinced the other guy's evil and wants to stop whichever machinations that one's supposedly planning. Caer's not that good with people.
To the right we have Riketh 'Riker' Meinokh, who, spoiler alert, actually isn't evil but simply doesn't mesh that well with established systems or societal expectations. Also, he can be a jerk sometimes, but he has his reasons. For some of it.

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Goal for August will be to finish some of my enemy artwork. I'm starting my last semester so it may be hard. But my game is just a demo, so there aren't too many enemies to illustrate. Just variations of the same enemy that makes it difficult.

Edit: *cough* Oh er I uh mean September. I feel silly lol, thank you, @BreakerZero :rswt

Last edited:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a new month, @SoftCloud. It's just that the mods are running late on renaming this.

As for my progress, I decided that I'd put my differences aside and do a biologic substance attack despite my concerns for doing so in the context of Covid19. Second, I have determined that an ethics issue related to the enforcer's side work and how one of her own creations ends up turning against fate itself may have some unplanned consequences in terms of what must be done to stop one of her own spawn, even if that spawn is a machine with biologic equivalency. Essentially it's the same deal as X vs. Sigma in terms of equivalency. I also finished the scenario involving the divine regeneration of the second guardian, which required some unanticipated changes when certain animation services stopped working with my Xbox package to the point where it basically prevented the game from even starting up.

Sigony

Crusader Masochist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In August, for the past 2 weeks, I have been frantically coding a mystery dungeon system for RMMV. I have created some 'motions' for this.
This image uses the Time Fantasy resource pack for RMMV by finalbossblues. I have most of his released resources in TF style.

About 600 lines of code for the above functionalities. 1000 lines of code written elsewhere.

I've also been reading and watching a lot on how to write, and studying how the plot fits into a game. Brandon Sanderson's lectures are amazing.

I have been reading a lot about game mechanics design to see if I can create some deviation from traditional mystery dungeon titles. I want to create Personamonfantasydogma, I'm one of those.

Just today I studied the introduction of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's small, but I reworked my game description of Battle Castle to describe the focus and features better. I also know exactly what I need to work on for my next revamping section, so hopefully that will go smoothly.

I want to make a lot more progress in all three of my VX Ace games this month, since The Cube Trail is so close to being re-released, but words are cheap. We'll just have to see.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah school started August 31st so I'm been swamped.

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Yeeesh, September already???
This month (and probably next month), I'm mostly planning to mess around in MZ and make a teeny game. Although, I'm not sure if the world is prepared for Cactus Cop Adventures...

Eyeball Mouth

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I spent the beginning of the year working on the battle system so now I'm just doing map tiles, character busts, sprite sheets, etc. Having a friend look over the script cause I can't write for nothing lol. As for a goal I'll try to have all the beginning map tiles done this month.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wrote out literally the entire storyline for my upcoming MZ game "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!" last night, which is a creative first. I also started working on my One Map Challenge game, "Under Dark Skies".

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finish drawing my SV battlers >.>
Oof, it's painful...artists, you have my full respect; I could never do what you guys do as a hobby or as a job!
Oh, also, add more lil NPCs to my game. That's just as painful, actually. Better go make some super bosses to balance painful stuff with fun stuff!

orochii

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Probably an overused joke right now but...

Wake me up, when September ends.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well I spent the last two days working on Shipwrecked, managed to get all of the scenes from the Mines to the Castle inside done (or at least a first draft of them done). For the game to go alpha I have to finish up the Castle, inner keep and the final zone.

Also a video of alpha footage if curious:

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm getting close to finishing the interior of the Neuhume Advanced Electronics skyscraper (just the first two floors can be visited). Then, I need to make a lot more buildings in the Northeast Corporate Center. I really want to finish the whole district this month, but that might not be possible.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally decided on how I'd be processing my illusion dungeon. After some checking on the prospect of hidden regions using plugins I settled on the determination that looping maps would be a limitation of the MV code so I created four identical maps and set the regions for each based on my initial design,and then put together a calculation of the X and Y of each room (read: the middle room is 4,4 with the goal in room 1,1 with the loops going to 1,7 or 7,2 and so on based on the room design).

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been thinking about removing the Intimidation skill from Collector, because it has too much crossover with the Persuasion skill. I would have to remove all instances where it's used in dialogue. Besides that, I kind of want to add a "Style" skill that scales with Charisma and can be increased through stylish clothing. This will be used for role play purposes and may allow you to get into high roller areas that you wouldn't be able to with less Style.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Trying to attach an image ate all my below replies so sorry if I am unsharp now.

@gabrieldiastche I can relate. Hang on in there.

@bgillisp I loved those lil' spider-drone battlers and music. I wish there was a plug-in to show minibusts in your heroes picture sections over the health bars. Else all looks great and true I always search the bug somewhere XD

I managed to finish the image below as title for @Matseb2611 's incoming game and it is close to completion (kinda finished without full title) Sad I do not know to use Spriter and Dragonbones but I have now a huion. short5-2.png

@Another Ned HIIIIIII CHIa... errr sorry I won't ask. But will be great to see your art and games soon. Great to read you. This is the highlight of my day. ^^ *cybermental hugs*

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We are truly intellectuals.
Without using violence without weapons
Our group has as many as 1.3 million people and more than 1 hundred thousand talks.
We gathered in an hour, more than 4.5 Half a hundred thousand

I got a Sword.
I got an Axe.
I got two Swords.
Nothing to see here, just walking with my dog.
I haven’t worked on my game in a while. Tomorrow might be the day.
*squeals* :kaoblush:

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akasheee