bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all! It's October, so you know what that means! It is the perfect time to go out and...

BOOO!

Yaaa...don't you do that! I was going to say make games, what did you think I meant? Sheesh.

Post your October goals and progress below.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm working on two different prompt runs. Inktober and Whumptober. I've used two of the second for Alex and CD, but I would like to also use a couple of Inktober for them as well.

I also need to open up the engine again and start working with it again. There's a lot to still make in terms of maps and characters that I don't have to worry about events as much.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Ryisunique I've heard of Inktober, but what's whumtober? I tried googling it, but it wasn't explained anywhere.

I also did not complete my september goal (which was "do something every day"). I've been busy planning for some events in October, so I thought giving myself a vague goal would help, but I feel like it was the oppossite. So for this month I'm making myself 30 specific goals that can be done in a day or evening. Hopefully, that will help.

Lemonrice

Mother tuna
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to flesh out the prototype for a concept I've been working on to see if the design is doable.

In tasks that would probably mean

Want to achieve
- Implement character resources and needs with initial balancing of droprates
- Link resources with needs
- implement recovery items with initial balancing of the recovery rates
- Clean up gdd

Nice to achieve
- Write introduction in forum
- Create character sketch

Not a lot and very abstract but I'll be on vaccation at one point in october so i'd rather keep it small :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
October Goals:
-Bug fixing any reported bugs for The Book of Shadows.
-Research and do some marketing for The Book of Shadows. Right now all marketing is via Aldorlea, but once I'm no longer the front page new game I can't count on that so need something else.
-Get Shipwrecked to Alpha Version. That means game will be playable from start to end, but probably buggy and with missing features (or zones).
-Sketch out plot outline for the next game after Shipwrecked. I can do this in those gaps at work where my laptop is not with me, so it shouldn't be an issue doing this at the same time as the others.

However I also have a book edit that needs to be done soon so that may slow down progress and/or force me to move some of this to November. We'll see. I hope the edit is just a weekend job, but we will see once I start it this weekend.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@slimmmeiske2 Whumptober is another prompt month where it's mostly centered around hurting characters. Multimedia as well. Whumptober2019 is the tag on Tumblr.

Progress? I opened VX Ace last night and 'created' three more maps for the university campus. Started working on the library/history when I tried putting in the windows and computers. Then became annoyed at the look. That and the computer on Modern Day tiles doesn't sit nicely on tables.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
So far I’ve been able to complete some of those daily goals I set up. (Yay!)
I’ve been working on changing some of the animal VXAce sprites I’m using to fit better with the XP sprites and tiles. I might still end up changing their graphics, but at least for now it will look nicer than before.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
10.3 Update:
-Finished the town map I'd been working on for a while.
-Updated the database to fix the skills that needed fixes from The Book of Shadows.
-Sent an update for The Book of Shadows to fix the couple of typos found, and to update a couple item descriptions better.

MadRamDesigns

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to launch my MV freebie resource thread this month, though I still need to
- decide which resources to allow for personal/non-commercial vs commercial use.
- sort out my Terms of Use for either options.

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just finished a demo for our game Storybook Hero. We are going to playtest the absolute crap out of it and then hopefully get it posted here for others to try/give feedback on.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm gonna hop back into the goal-making with some hopefully straightforward goals:
  • Finish Biker Baker. It's a short game that I've been working on slowly for a few months now. I've got most of the scenes pretty much finished, so now I just need to focus enough to stitch it all together.
  • Open up Reincarnation Assistant again and see what I can improve. It's been sitting all alone for a while now, which usually means that I'll be able to redo some mechanics to be easier for both the player to understand... and me to make. :rswt
With all main scenes for BB done, I'm really hoping to get it playable from start to finish this week.
cake test.png

Skoops

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to have the first chapter of my project functionally complete this month, and make some headway into my next month's goal of replacing all my placeholder art and sound with something more finished.

CynicSyndrome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My Music Player and Playlist Builder events are progressing at a decent pace now, though I did suffer a setback when I realized that about a third of the variables which I had intended to be re-usable, in fact needed to be dedicated due to a parallel process running while music is playing, and unfortunately had to be re-assigned and must be re-implemented. This will take several tedious hours, but shouldn't put me too far behind in the long run. I may even finish the whole thing before the end of the month.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More mechanics tests and writing this month, as well as a rudimentary world map for my game.

Also hoping to finish my resource flipbook (at least up to whatever resources I might collect this month), after which I'll start to build the actual scenery of the first town/city in my game project.

Lemonrice

Mother tuna
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Want to achieve
- Implement character resources and needs with initial balancing of droprates
- Link resources with needs
- implement recovery items with initial balancing of the recovery rates
- Clean up gdd

Nice to achieve
- Write introduction in forum
- Create character sketch
Alright. I have settled on two main resources - health and sanity - with sanity being the more important one, and two needs - sleep and nourishment - that need to be maintained.

Sanity is implemented and slowly drops over time. It also drops faster, if sleep and nourishment are ignored.

I have also written an introduction for the prototype section.

The next immediate steps are (done)

- sanity drops faster at night
- Make a build
- Put everything online

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
10.13 Update:
-Updated The Book of Shadows to fix the typos found.
-Contacted some of our LP on for the forum but so far crickets. May have to branch out some to find someone to play it and get youtube videos.

However I have a book edit that takes priority now, so I may have no other updates this Month. We'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.
If you had some musical requests in line with me.. feel free to re post! Corona has killed me and have recently got my internet back <3
I'm now working on procedural generated World Maps for my own project.
Is there anyone who's interested in having this Plugin for his own game?
I have a dream where RMer are not blinded and too dependant on published script / plugins...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drakonic