Octopack Battlesystem

NoctisLucis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone,
i use the Octopack Battle Plugin. But i want just like by Octopath that the Shield icon begins Left from the Weakness Icon... yet he started left from the Name/HP.
And i need the Buffs/States icon smaller and right from the weakness icon.

I hope they can be help :rswt2:?

A Sample:
This is the normal Version:

i need this:

Last edited:

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think you're suppose to post the code.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Due to copywrite law you will probably not be able to release a game with it the exact same as Octopath traveler. Some differences are expected.

And yes, never post the code for paid plug-ins. Sadly this does mean that the only ones who can help you are those with the plug-in, but that is the way the terms of use and copywrite law work for that plug-in, and we have to comply.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use the same plugin and you really don't want it to be more similar to Octopath Traveller because, as bgillisp is saying, copyright issues. It's much better to try and make it as different you can instead.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Law student here, here to talk about copyrights.

You can inspire your battle system from another game. However, you can't copy it directly. Where's the line between inspiration and plagiarism? Well it's a case by case issue.

Now, about the code, it is protected under copyright laws (weird I know, it's technically not an artistic work by traditional definitions, but it is still protected under copyright laws.). Without explicit consent from the coder, you cannot modify the code yourself, or ask someone else who isn't authorized by the author of the plugin to modify it for you. You don't own the code, you own a license to use it.

NoctisLucis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You all have right, i´m very sorry.
I think i find a another key.
:uwink:

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No need to be sorry, it's not always you think about such stuff :LZSjoy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!
Inside you are two wolves. They take in oxygen while getting rid of the Co2 gas in your body...
Ah wait, sorry. Lungs. Not wolves. that'd be silly. Wolves are huge. You probably couldnt even fit one wolf inside you.
Tag: hack and slash | gameplay: point and click. Me: "How tf two are related to each other?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FJS