Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone, I found a bug in the Yanfly: Octopath Traveler demo.
When I steal an item from an enemy, the item either disappears or doesn't add up. I'll explain:
If I have 5 potions in my inventory and I steal a potion from the enemy, all of my 5 potions completely blow up.
If I then steal a completely new object from the enemy, either it is added to the inventory with the amount at "x0" or it is not done at all.
Can you solve?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So first off...what are you talking about? You don't provide a link, and when I Google the words you used I don't get any results.

Are you talking about this OctoPack Battler sample project? If so...why not submit a bug report to the authors you paid for the plugins?

By posting it here, you're limited to other people who A- bought those plugins, and B- know JavaScript well enough to debug it.

You can contact Fallen Angel Olivia directly through itch, and there's also a forum thread about their system right here that has instructions for bug reports in the first post.

However: as the bug you're having is very fundamental, and would certainly have been noticed, there's a good chance it's on your end - for example, having the plugins in the wrong order. Make sure you've followed all the setup instructions, you have the required version of MV, etc.

Last edited:

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Excuse me, the fact is that I assumed that many of you knew him and had something to do with him! However, your link indicates that it is not possible to write new replies to that topic, how to do it?

I state that the bug I found in the demo itself released by Fallen Angel Olivia. I haven't changed or added any new plugins.

EGARPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Castellano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan Well, I have the same problem and I found another bug but I can't contact Olivia. Where are her email, commentt section or chat? Also she left the discord community 1 year ago

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan Well, I have the same problem and I found another bug but I can't contact Olivia. Where are her email, commentt section or chat? Also she left the discord community 1 year ago
Sorry, I do not know Olivia. Neither do I patronize Itch, so I can't tell you how to contact authors for support of their products on there. This question would be appropriately directed to customer service on that Web site.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses

@Dev_With_Coffee

Hi, let's try to understand what could be wrong:
  1. What version of your RMMV?
  2. You said you are using the demo version of PLUGIN, but what is the version number or Year?
  3. The demo version is no longer distributed, let's try to find out why. My theory, DEMO versions by name are known to be just for experimentation, ie they rarely have "support" or constant updates for correction.
Take these factors into account, as soon as I've been able to answer each of these factors I link to the official website where there is a step by step to report bugs.

Good luck!

Since my other post has been closed, I will try to answer you here since you have been very kind in taking an interest in the subject.

1. I use the 1.1.5
2. The Demo version is the most recent one that is also found on the same blog as Oliva (and I also paid a lot of money to download it, and then have several bugs).
3. "The demo version is no longer distributed, let's try to find out why. My theory, DEMO versions by name are known to be just for experimentation, ie they rarely have" support "or constant updates for correction."

I understand, however, I like others, such as EGARPG, have paid to download it and then we find bugs that do not allow us to use material because it has bugs, but I repeat, "we paid to hope to use it".

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Excuse me, the fact is that I assumed that many of you knew him and had something to do with him!
No Rpg Maker is required for any standard plugin, the community deals exclusively with the engine, any support available here is voluntary, meaning there are several great plugins to completely modify the battle system, but each with its own author with an official homepage (Itch.io, Twitter, etc.). The forum is a community of people like you, some are programmers, some are artists, and most have never tried using Yanfly, Visustella or MogHunter systems. :cutesmile:

In the same section where you posted your topic there is a pinned topic where you will find the necessary instructions to ask for support:
:LZScheeze:

When I steal an item from an enemy, the item either disappears or doesn't add up. I'll explain:
If I have 5 potions in my inventory and I steal a potion from the enemy, all of my 5 potions completely blow up.
Is this ability Yanfly's own or does it come with the Octopath T. Demo?

1. I use the 1.1.5
This may be one of the causes of the problem, as the version of the "JS" and NW.js files are already different:
[Announcement] RPG Maker MV - v1.6.1 Stable Release!

See this:
You can grab all of them here: https://fallenangelolivia.itch.io/
This plugin only works on RPG Maker MV 1.6.1+

2. The Demo version is the most recent one that is also found on the same blog as Oliva (and I also paid a lot of money to download it, and then have several bugs).
But did you pay for the DEMO version? I searched the entire site, I can't find where to download it, only the option to purchase.

Try this, create a new project with the updated version of Rpg Maker and install the plugins in it. And then run the tests and tell us the result.
I understand, however, I like others, such as EGARPG, have paid to download it and then we find bugs that do not allow us to use material because it has bugs, but I repeat, "we paid to hope to use it".

In my opinion, if a product doesn't live up to expectations and the support doesn't work, the best thing would be to claim the money back.

I experienced something similar at the companies I worked for because they bought expensive software that promised things they didn't do or because the manager misinterpreted the application's purpose.

It's not the same type of problem, but in this case we are always subject to that type of problem.

Good luck. :rock-left::mrsatan::rock-right:

Last edited:

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
In my opinion, if a product doesn't live up to expectations and the support doesn't work, the best thing would be to claim the money back.
Great idea, how to do it?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
The founded community maintained by Degica cannot support Itch.io customers as they are totally different locations. :unsure:
In any case a simple Google search and I soon saw this:

It's not a great idea, it's just the default webshop system.:LZScheeze::thumbsup-left:
Tip: -----> Always contact support for the platform you use first.

Is this ability Yanfly's own or does it come with the Octopath T. Demo?
Even if someone has or comes to buy just to fix it, we don't know exactly how the error happened, since you only answered a part.

Good luck!

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please note that this advice, to go through Itch, is the same thing I suggested in my first reply to you :wink: I doubt that you'll be able to get a refund at this point, as you've let it sit for over three months which is well beyond the refund window for pretty much any company I'm familiar with.

It's still worth writing to Itch customer support to see if they have a way to contact Olivia to help you; I also maintain it's worth doing some basic plugin troubleshooting (which you never said you did in any way) to make sure you're using it correctly, as you're describing a huge error in the plugin's basic functionality that anyone testing it would've noticed.

Please note that while people here can try to help you troubleshoot your plugin setup and such, we can't do anything about trying to fix code in a plugin as Olivia obfuscates her products.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Sì, è fornito con Octopath T. Demo.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally was able to record the rest of the game demo! I added some edits here and there, this is why it takes me so long to do stuff cuz I find a problem and have to fix it asap. x.x
Game: https://dj990j.itch.io/region-of-mythos
Databasing. Just with what I consider "bare minimum", I have listed over 200 skills. That's not all of it, and isn't even considering skills that only 1 class would realistically have. lol

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!.
Just read the forum rules just for kicks and rule 14 reminds me of this:
150.jpg
I'm in the process of converting all locks and intimidate/persuade dialogue options into D20 DC based success/fail (modified by player skill). Before, it required a certain flat amount you had to meet, but with rolls, it offers more freedom. For instance, you can repeatedly try to unlock a door instead of just not meeting the requirement to unlock it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kopa