Odd Animation on Actors

LilyValentin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm not sure if it's a YanFly plugin, but the animation I use for a skill looks fine used on an enemy, but when used against my actors they get a little odd. I used the ClawSpecial1 animation to make the appearance of something biting which required rotating the animation from it's diagonal default to being vertical, but when the animation plays on an actor, the rotation is gone.

EDIT: I'm not using the SV battle system.

EDIT: I tried it on SV, and it does the same thing. The animation acts fine on enemies, but will not function properly on an actor. This happens regardless if any plugins are on or off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it JUST the rotation that's the issue?

What happens if you disable your plugins and run the SV battles - does the issue still happen?  If it does, it's something with the engine itself and not Yanfly's plugins.  If it doesn't happen with all plugins disabled, it means it's a plugin, and then you have to go through the steps of enabling them one by one (or in small groups), saving and testing after each, to see which one causes it.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you sure you are using the right enemy skill, with the animation?

LilyValentin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is it JUST the rotation that's the issue?

What happens if you disable your plugins and run the SV battles - does the issue still happen?  If it does, it's something with the engine itself and not Yanfly's plugins.  If it doesn't happen with all plugins disabled, it means it's a plugin, and then you have to go through the steps of enabling them one by one (or in small groups), saving and testing after each, to see which one causes it.
I think the changes to the opacity may also not be applied, but I'd have to double check that. As far as I can observe, just the rotation of the animation is removed.

With no plugins the issue still happens. I made an absolutely new game just to test what was happening and it would still occur.

Are you sure you are using the right enemy skill, with the animation?
I have the skill set to target one enemy. If an enemy uses the skill, should it be set to something else?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, but... well, if you have more than one attack skill, there is always the chance you set the wrong one for them.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it happens with a brand new project with no plugins, it's potentially a bug, and should be reported.  If you look for the 1.3.3 update announcement, Archeia has provided a bug reporting template there.  You will need to provide a demo project to show what you've done to the animation and what's going wrong with it, but you'll need to remove as much of the unwanted resources as possible to keep it small.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The end is near. The end is near. The MV era will be passed and people will look the forum about new RPG maker all days. Let go people the maker is not ready to publicly display yet.
C&C Remastered comes out tomorrow! Hyped! Already have it preinstalled on Steam.
Its ironic, how often a person can have something smart to say, when their arrogance is originating from an internal vacuum where emotional intelligence belongs.
Parallax mapping is time consuming...
Let's purchase th... WAIT! Just in time ehehehe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThimbleBerry