Odd Positioning on Side-View Fighting Screen.

4m5er_S1ime

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, all. I just recently purchased RPG Maker MV (Mostly entirely for the fullscreen functionality, although I am impressed by how easy the character creator is to work with compared to RPG Maker VX ACE) and decided to fiddle about with some settings before actually getting into seriously making a game.

However, I noticed that when I set the screen width and height values in that "Community_Basic" plugin to 1920 by 1080, this started happening to the fight screen in-game.

I find this to be rather suboptimal. I believe the problem is with the two screen width and height related variables in the Community_Basic plugin. (My apologies if the image is small or blurry. I'm referring to the parameters screenWidth, screenHeight, changeWindowWidthTo, and changeWindowHeightTo.)

If anyone knows how to fix the oddity with the fighting screen, I'd appreciate it if you told me how.

PhxFire

The Eternal Flame
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try getting the Yanfly Plugin for SV Battlers (This requires the Yanfly Battle Engine Core also)... That might fix your issue automatically, and if not there is an option to change the anchor (where they're placed on screen).

4m5er_S1ime

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, I shall give it a try.

Edit: I have attempted to use the Yanfly Engine. It did not work. I fixed the tiling battleback by scaling it up to 1920 by 1080, however I cannot manage to get the actual battlers into proper place, even with the Yanfly engine. I also tried scaling up the actual battler images. That also did not fix the problem.

Last edited:

PhxFire

The Eternal Flame
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly has another plugin that can control screen size if you don't mind switching, and your sv battles will be positioned correct... I'm at work so I can't look for it right now, but if you can't find it I'll check when I'm home

4m5er_S1ime

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so... status update, I fiddled around more with the settings in the Yanfly combat stuff, and I did manage to move the party. Down to the lower right-hand corner of the screen (where the fourth party member is shown below the menu screens), where all other attempts to further relocate them failed. I've also somehow managed to separate the sprites for the party members from the sprites of their items.

I have no idea how I caused this. I'm changing around the values of the "anchor" parameters yet nothing seems to be changing.

PhxFire

The Eternal Flame
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried changing the screen size with yanfly's plugin yet? And make sure you put all the values back to default when you try

4m5er_S1ime

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think I found the plugin that lets me do that. I searched on their website, couldn't find it. Unless I missed it in another plugin or something. Do you have a link to the screen-size changing plugin?

PhxFire

The Eternal Flame
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I should be outta work and back home in the next 2-3 hours and then I can help you find it

4m5er_S1ime

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, cool. Thanks, dude. or dudette. Can't be certain on the internet.

PhxFire

The Eternal Flame
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so it's Yanfly's Core engine, BTW make sure that the SV battle engine is placed under the Battle Engine Core in your plugin list

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also make sure that you turn off Community_Basic when using YEP Core Engine, because they conflict with eachother.

4m5er_S1ime

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, Jules98. And PhxFire

PhxFire

The Eternal Flame
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem, is it working alright now?

4m5er_S1ime

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After some fiddling about, it has! Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kousuke-shii