Odd Request, but TXT Variables?

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by KOTC, May 5, 2019.

1. KOTC

KOTC Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    ok so i'm new to this website, so expect to see problems in this post.

context on this: i'm making a game that's a bit of a hybrid, i sorta combined a VX Ace Project with MUGEN to make a weird hybrid game, and something i noticed was the "log.txt" file.

so i figured "hey maybe i could find a script or something that can read that and register wins and losses", and i can't find anything that does that, so i wanted to see if anyone might be able to help?

i wouldn't be too surprised to see a "sorry that's impossible" in the replies, but i figured to ask anyways

Romanticist likes this.
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Scripts for this do exist. It'll be a question of whether anyone can remember where one of them is.

However, the forum 'Scripts' is where people who have written completed scripts which they want to share with others can post them.

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    your request is a bit vague, can you clarify:

are you looking for ways to store text in variables, or are you looking for ways to access local files, or both?

The regular game variables can already store text strings, you just need to use the script line option to store strings - and after that they will create errors if you try to use mathematical commands on them, but you can still use them as texts through the functions that support that.

As for loading and storing texts that is done by RGSS-functions, but I don't know which one - I suggest you look at this script to learn how those functions work:
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...an-organized-manner-translate-with-ease.6608/