nataliswolf

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am having a strange issue. I have an event setup that is meant to adjust a variable 1. The particular page of the event will only execute if variable 1 = 4. later in the event it adds one to variable 1 to make variable 1 = 5. For some reason, it will modifies variable 4 instead of variable 1. I have tried using control variable to just set variable 1 to equal 5. This did not resolve the issue. I have also tried setting up a different event to change the variable through an event call once this event is done executed. This gave the same results. it modifies variable 4 instead of variable 1.

View attachment 41593

View attachment 41594

View attachment 41595

View attachment 41596

View attachment 41597

View attachment 41598

Last edited by a moderator:

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you screen shot a picture for us so we can see your workflow?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We really need to see screenshots of your events to know what is happening.  A description really leaves out a lot of important information.

Please post screenshots of each page of your event, and include the whole event window in the image.

(Having said that, I have a feeling I've read something somewhere before about there being a bug where variables are concerned - so it might be worth searching for such a thread, and/or uninstalling, re-downloading and reinstalling 2K3 completely)

Edit: I haven't found anything about a bug, but I did find something that I thought about when I first read your issue, then decided to remove from my post because I couldn't see the same option in Ace (I don't have 2K3 installed).

It sounds like what you're doing is, instead of selecting a variable using an id, you're selecting a variable using a variable.  So it's looking into variable 1 and retrieving the value (4) and using that to determine what variable needs to be updated.

Here's a thread where it's mentioned, and the reference is for 2K3:

and another here with a screenshot showing the two locations.  I suspect you've used the bottom option outlined in red for variable 1, when you should have used the top one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Seeker Clones.png
Work on the Decepticon Seeker sprites is taking longer than I anticipated. I have five down: Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Acid Storm and Nova Storm. Three left to go: Ion Storm, Sunstorm (needs rework), and Slipstream. After completing their walking sprites, should I wait to post them after I've done a transformation sequence?
yRMekcF.gif

Run, <null> run!
(sprite got butchered a bit while making gif file...)
WOOP WOOP!
NEW CHARACTER ALERT!!!
Please, welcome to the stage...
Ramona Albright.png

Ramona Albright! A 20-year old World Key Guardian in training (More about the WKG's soon!), She is very impulsive, which leads us to the problem of the game. OOF. Kinda wanna wait till you know how to use the friggin World Key, huh?!
Bust sketch here!
IMG_20220124_110105.jpg
Little-by-little, keep improving your projects. That's how you finish them! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BombchuSquad