RMMV Odyssey - Action Adventure Zelda-esque RPG

athosfranco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I've been keeping busy the past few weeks. I hammered out some further details with the story and implemented some new cutscenes at the beginning of the game to ramp up the drama and spectacle a bit. I've also been working on mapping the Tomb of Anubis out right now, one of the dungeons you will find and explore on your adventure.

I'm testing out puzzle elements and combing platforming with traps. This is a WIP, but all feedback is welcome.

Wow. Looks great. Good job. Im really anxious to play this.

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Happy Saturday everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

I wanted to share some progress on the opening Prologue. If anyone has been following along, my writing skills are admittedly not my strong suit. However, I've been working on the opening section of my game, that sets up the rest of the story.

ThumbnailOdyssey.png

Here's the tagline so far: "Our hero suffers a grizzly fate after he unleashes the mighty Blight Demon from his prison.

You're greeted by Death in the Spirit Realm, only to be swiftly kicked out and sent to Purgatory for your actions.

You must seek redemption and return your soul to rest by slaying the Blight Demon and restoring peace to Serenity Falls."

Please let me know what you guys think... I'm trying to keep it short and sweet, to the point. I'm not a big fan of opening sequences that overstay their welcome or try to over-explain everything to the player upfront. Any and all feedback is valuable, so I'm open to suggestions.

Pammercakes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yoooo! That looks fantastic! The bits of humour are just my flavor too! Nice! Can't wait to play this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just realized I have a few Steam gifts floating around. Anyone need RPG Maker MV or XP (Steam only)? Send me a message and I will send them on over!

EDIT: Just an RPG Maker MV gift remaining! XP has been taken.
*when you can do the Unity tutorials, but when you actually try and convert it to your own knowledge, it fails horribly*
Hi, I made a game for a competition. I need some players to help play and vote for the best game.

https://ekamu.itch.io/not4ever
don’t forget to rate the game here

Voting is open until 12 August.

Thanks.
Progresses. Tonight: refinemment, column, pitfall, bump and gutter (I'll leave doors for last, they are scary).
What is your favourite rpg maker plugin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdoracio