StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope this makes sense, but in my game I'm using 16x16 tiles (resized 300%). I made a fountain that should be 32x32 that's supposed to attach to a "wall" that's also pretty much 32x32. However, it's never centered properly.

Here's the fountain:

!$Fountain.png

Here's the event:
Fountain Event.png

Here's it in game:
Off Center in Game.png

Do I have to make the sprite cells 64x64 instead and put the fountain in the middle? Maybe? Or maybe I named something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi! I'm not sure I understand the method you used, but I can try to help you.

This Sprite of yours occupies only one tile on the map. To occupy 2, I would have to add 16 pixels wide and shift the image to the corner so that half would be on one wall graphic and the other on the other:
fountain_base.png

Also attached is your edited and ready-to-use Sprite. I hope that's it.

Good luck.

Attachments

• !$Fountain.png
    !$Fountain.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 2

shockra

Bored Code Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MV sprites are typically 48x48. So assuming the tiles and fountain are that size, it should line up. But it looks like everything is set up under the assumption that everything is 32x32, which is incorrect in MV. Try changing the size to 48x48 and see if that fixes it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th Nov to 2nd Dec (2021)

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Necrozys