OFFER: I will test your game on the OneXPlayer Mini AMD for FREE.

ZombieKidzRule

JAVASCRIPT FOR KIDS by Nick Morgan - Awesome book!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I hope this is the right place to post this offer. I read the rules for the Classifieds section and this didn’t seem to belong there.

Basically, the title.

Maybe no one cares whether your game will run correctly on the OnexPlayer Mini AMD handheld, but if you do, I am willing to test it for you.

And, once I get my Steam Deck, I will test it on the handheld device too.

Just offering in case this is helpful to anyone.

However, if possible, I would like permission to post a video of at least a small part of my test on YouTube. But this would only apply to released games since those are the only ones that people might want to see how they run.

Sorry is this is in the wrong place.

Thanks and Happy Game developing!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's a nice idea, but I dont exactly know what a OnexPlayer Mini is,
or how that even works.

from quick search, it looks a bit to PS-Vita (not the same) but the look,
I dont know what it runs on (OS, Mac, Apple etc), but if you have more
info on that, maybe a plugin is required to read the buttons on them?

but good luck on it :)

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kvngreeley Are you testing specifically RPG Maker games on steam? Through proton?
Or any RPG Maker game?
(Side note: can non-steam windows games be added to steam by a user. And run through proton? :LZSooo: )

I'm curious if mine work. Here are their itch.io link: (in order of their technical complexity. The first one being the simplest & lightest)

And feel free to share your findings online anyway you'd like.

PrimitivePixels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's awesome! I would love to see how Grove fairs. Does steam work? Link:

ZombieKidzRule

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
it's a nice idea, but I dont exactly know what a OnexPlayer Mini is,
or how that even works.
Sorry about that. I should have provided more information. Especially since I knew nothing about handhelds until I realized I wasn't getting my Steam Deck until some time after October of this year and I started searching for other options.

Similar to the Steam Deck, the OneXPlayer Mini is a handheld computer that is kind of also like a console with built in controller.

It runs on Windows 11. Right now, I am testing all of my Steam and GOG games to see what is playable and what isn't.

I am trying with the OneXPlayer's controls, that are recognized as an XBox controller. I am also testing games with my Bluetooth keyboard and wireless mouse.

I already confirmed that RPG Maker MV works perfectly fine on it. But you really need to use the keyboard and mouse to be efficient.

I am launching Steam games from Steam, GOG games from GOG, and, in theory, since it is a computer, it should be able to run anything that a regular computer can run.
Are you testing specifically RPG Maker games on steam? Through proton?
Or any RPG Maker game?
I am willing to test anything to let people see what the OneXPlayer can and maybe can't do. So it is Win 11 operating system.

As soon as I have time this weekend, I will go to itch.io and see what I can learn about your games.
That's awesome! I would love to see how Grove fairs. Does steam work?
I can download your demo and take a look. I should be able to see how it runs this weekend.

Steam works fine in Big Picture Mode. Otherwise, navigating in the regular view is more efficient with a wireless mouse. But that sort of defeats the purpose of using the handheld like a portable console. If you want to hook it up to a monitor with a mouse and keyboard, it seems to function just like a computer.

I am hoping that the Steam Deck is easier to use and more friendly to people like me who are not very techie. And I can't wait to be able to compare the two handhelds.

I am not traditionally a console player or a controller player. I am a mouse + key board + laptop kind of player. So this is very new to me.

I will get back to you both here and if I make a video for my YouTube channel, I will post a link as well.

Thanks!

EDIT: @PrimitivePixels Here is the link to the video of your Demo (Grove: Nostalgia's End) on the OneXPlayer. I have played for a little over 2 hours and got to West Side and it plays perfectly with no apparent problems.

EDIT AGAIN 5/27/2022: @SigmaSuccour The good news is that I tested all of your available downloads and they seem to work fine on the OneXPlayer handheld. Unfortunately, my video attempts didn't turn out so great. It is probably a combination of my available resources and the darkness of the screen sometimes. The only challenge I had was in trying to find a way to exit the game. I could be that I was just not interpreting my choices correctly or maybe I missed something on the smaller 7'' screen.

Last edited:

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The good news is that I tested all of your available downloads and they seem to work fine on the OneXPlayer handheld. Unfortunately, my video attempts didn't turn out so great. It is probably a combination of my available resources and the darkness of the screen sometimes. The only challenge I had was in trying to find a way to exit the game. I could be that I was just not interpreting my choices correctly or maybe I missed something on the smaller 7'' screen.

Thank you so much for testing them all! :LZSooo:
And I apologize that you couldn't get a video for your channel... :kaoblush:

My bad, on not having a clear and direct way to exit the games. I've noted this down, and will fix this in all my future releases.
And I'm curious... how you did end up exiting? Is it something simple, or...?

P.S. I did not get the notification for the edit/update. So thank you for DMing me. :kaojoy:

Parlu10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I would like to know if my game runs as well!

This is the link of the game:

Also, I'd be very happy if you managed to post a video about it!
Have a great day!

ZombieKidzRule

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@SigmaSuccour I was able to get a short, but better video. It shows how I eventually exited the game. I think my main problem was that I wasn’t really sure what to do, where to go, or how to start. Your game is very different from the games I usually play so it is probably just me being confused. I hope you can see from the video that the performance is good on the OneXPlayer.

@Parlu10 I will try to take a look at your game next.

Thanks!

EDIT 5/28/2022: @Parlu10 The good news is that I played your game up to the choice to open the first door with the key and not being able to go back to the dungeon. Everything worked fine on the OneXPlayer. My OBS Studios software for capturing video has been giving me problems, but I think I finally got things figured out based on some experiments that I ran this morning. I will remake the video of game play and post that, hopefully later today.

EDIT 5/29/2022: Here is the link to a short video of the beginning area.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.
More words of wisdom: Trying to make everyone happy will just make you miserable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sky_Blue