Titanhex

Do-It-All
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey everyone. Ace Academy is due to open soon. If you don't know what it is, it's a project that combines roleplay with learning and practicing use of RPG Maker VX Ace.

I need to get an idea of how many people will be applying or joining. Teachers, students, examiners, and tutors please post here to show your support and interest. I need as accurate of a headcount as possible.

It doesn't guarantee you a spot, but it does show interest, which means you will be more closely considered for a spot in the student list during enrollment.

When posting here, state what position you will likely be applying for.

Here's a quick breakdown of the positions available from the main thread:

Examiner: The Examiner works in the background for most of the semester. They also work closely with the Headmaster to keep the Academy interesting and running, as well as shape the narration and setting that brings out Ace Academy. The last part of the semester they will work closely with the students.

Responsibilities:

• Decide on extra-curriculars that will be made available for the students
  • Assist with deciding final enrollment
  • Help with World Quests and Academy Events that shape and drive the narrative of Ace Academy and it's setting
  • Assign and organize teams.
  • Resolve team issues
  • Come up with the conflict the collaborative game aims to resolve.
  • Create the introductory scene that introduces the teams and the conflict
  • Review the End-Semester games submitted by teams
  • Work alongside the Headmaster to keep the Academy organized and structured
RM Proficiency Requirements: Switches, Variables, Conditional Branches, Creating Scenes

Benefits of being an Examiner: Chance to shape the setting around Ace Academy, drive the narrative, freedom to roleplay within the setting, ability to create a high-tier character, freedom to teach and administer lessons involving RPG Maker

Teacher: The teacher works frequently during the beginning of the semester, interacting with students. This position contains the least amount of responsibilities.

Responsibilties

• Come up with the conflict the game assignment must resolve
  • Review the game submitted by students for the assignment
  • Create the introductory game for the class and the assignment
  • (Optionally) Create scenes that teach the magic in the classroom setting, fostering student interaction
RM Proficiency Requirements: Switches, Variables, Conditional Branches, Creating Scenes

Benefits of being a Teacher: Freedom to roleplay within the setting, ability to create a mid-tier character, chance to foster interaction, little responsibility

Student: The core of the Academy. The student learns a lot about RPG Maker, helps their team and their house get ahead, practices using the software, has many opportunities to roleplay, and has a is rewarded with a prize if their house wins. This is one of the more intense positions in Ace Academy.

Responsibilities:

• Submits two full 10 minute games and a collaborative 20 minute game
  • Must work with others
  • Accumulate points by completing extra-curriculars, creating games, or submitting tutorials
  • Interaction with fellow house-mates to ensure the free-flow of ideas and narrative
RM Proficiency Requirements: Switches, Variables, Conditional Branches

Benefits of being a Student: Freedom to roleplay, opportunities to learn with rewards, feedback on progress, exposure, chance to interact with other developers.

Tutor: The tutor position can be coupled with any other position, or simply stand-alone. That means you can be a Tutor and Teacher/Student/Examiner or just a Tutor and nothing else. Tutors show people how to complete assignments or extra-curriculars and assist those in need of tutelage. It is a great way to show off what you know.

Responsibilities:

• Write at least one tutorial.
  • Show off indepth knowledge for others to learn from
RM Proficiency Requirements: Varies

Benefits of being a Tutor: If you're an examiner and tutor, you have a mainline to creating an extra-curricular and then writing a tutorial for it, cutting out the middleman. If you're a teacher, it can help fill the slow spots in your responsibilities. If you're a student, you earn plenty of points for submitting tutorials. If you're a tutor, it makes you much more likely to be accepted into the Academy for the next semester.
Please post questions in the main thread, not here. Thanks!

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks interesting, I'd be interested in the tutor and/or teacher roles.

Vinedrius

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As someone who was a student for 18 years straight, I can't miss the chance to be one again! :p

Titanhex

Do-It-All
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The deadline is coming up May 4th 5th to post in this thread and show your interest. It's a good idea to do so, as I am looking for an accurate headcount. It also shows interest, which raises your chance of admission.

Last edited by a moderator:

C-C-C-Cashmere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can be an examiner/teacher/tutor. My primary strengths are eventing and puzzles. My secondary strengths are mapping and story.

TheHarmp

Non-Profit Mephobiac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I'm afraid I don't have the time to really contribute, I will keep a close eye on all of this..

mchangin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Interested to be a student, here!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I suppose, I am also interested in joining as a student.

Zane

Food for thought
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
US English
Primarily Uses
A Student would seem like a good match for me, I'm willing to work with others and would certainly help with my charisma.

It also depends how my internet holds up for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.
rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Springy120