Official Bug Report

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Shaz, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The Japanese MV site has some "blank" character sprites for use in those wanting to make their own sprites.  I didn't see those included in the English release or for download on the English site.

They can be downloaded from the Japanese MV  site in a zip, however by anyone.

2. Jackkel Dragon

Jackkel Dragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A bit of a follow-up: I discovered that event pages save the last frame selected when set to have no graphic, defaulting to the first frame in the spritesheet. For example, if I set the event page (in the editor) to use the 2nd frame of the sprite animation, then set the graphic to (None) (still in the editor), then that event will use the 2nd frame as its idle frame. So it's incredibly tedious to fix (since I have to do this for every event/page that is blank but will be assigned a graphic in-game), but I'm not sure if it can be helped now (since the event page seems to save that information, so it's not part of the runtime code).

Even if it can't be fixed retroactively, it might be wise to set new events to use the proper idle frame in animation by default. That could avoid some problems/confusion in the future.

3. Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Some audio resources are missing for the cover art characters.  The Japanese web page says that each cover art character, 16 total, has a theme song, but the English version only included the audio theme songs for 8 of the characters instead of all 16 characters

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
  4. Robert Reina

Robert Reina Warper Member

First Language:
    Português
    when I try to open my trial version by clicking "continue" appears on a screen all in white. what should I do? 

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Try to update your graphic driver, that helped a lot.
    If it doesn't, please make a new topic for it - this topic is for collecting bugs, not analysing or solving them

6. R_Valkyrie

R_Valkyrie Villager Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    I don't really know if this is a bug or intentional, but if I hold down the "confirm" key in battle, it will go through the commands in hyperspeed. It's really frustrating since I usually hold down that button to skip through the battlelog :p

7. gannon665

gannon665 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Something of a bug that I've encountered (I'm not sure if others have, I haven't read through every single bug post as of yet):

If I try to delete a map the entire program crashes instantly. I'm using the Steam version of MV. I've encountered this two ways:

1) Right clicking a map name and selecting Delete

2) Selecting a map name and pressing the Delete key on the keyboard

I'm able to work around this, by simply re-using junk maps if I have a better idea, but since I can't outright delete maps I don't need/want/like, it can make things kinda cluttered sometimes. But it's not too much of a hassle, and I don't mind it. 

8. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    they're in the generator folder I'm pretty sure.

9. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    False alarm.

This was the keyboard shortcut for switching language input, and it seems that MV crashes whenever I press the shortcut.

Only happens for that particular input method though.

10. zirothos

zirothos Warper Member

First Language:
    français
    i think i found a new bug. i try to make a movment route for a NPC and when i do it keep repeting the same thing.

I did stop the auto movment so that not what cause the NPC to still move.

What i did exacly is put a movment event to the NPC and only put '' attendre la fin'' (wait to the end) i dont know why the charater event still moving until he reach a wall. normaly he only repete if you ''check the repet movment'' but it's not on.

first time i see that in a rpg maker. i was pretty good in the VX version and now that i'm with the MV many event stuff dont work the same.  

Is my movment event a bug or it's just me. [​IMG]

I did many test by now and i found a way to make the event stop but the Mouvment event from the event list menu dont work correctly. now i'm sure. the normal manual movment work fine

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  11. LordSquirrel

LordSquirrel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  12. KisaiTenshi

KisaiTenshi Veteran Veteran

eg

"X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RPG Maker MV\Generator\SV\Female\SV_body_p01.png"

On the JP website https://tkool.jp/mv/ , there is a link to a file called rpgmaker_sotai.zip, This is the same base character image set.

13. ChristianRJ

ChristianRJ Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Quoting myself because I managed to fix this apparently, specific for my PC.

Creating a profile for RMMV on Nvidia Control Panel and disabling ALL AA settings, fixed this on my PC.

14. shrap_x

shrap_x Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is anyone else having problems with Dash and controllers?

I haven't exactly got it figured out, per se, but I am using a Logitech PC controller.

I seem to get alternating behavior when using the shift key on the keyboard, regardless of the option settings, and I cannot get the controller to dash at all.

With no plugins installed:

Auto dash option says "off", characters auto dash.

Auto dash option says "on", characters do not auto dash.

Press and DO NOT hold the shift key and the character auto dash, menu still says "on" in options.

This behavior seems odd.

It might also be a controller issue, since if I use the controller plugin to configure the buttons it seems only two of the 10 buttons even do anything.

15. CriticalGames

CriticalGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I believe I've found a bug with the Shake Screen command. The screen shakes just like it should, but there's a problem if you've got a picture overlay (e.g. fog covering the screen) or are using a Screen Flash command. Basically, the space on the left and right that the screen 'shakes' into is not covered by the picture or Screen Flash, which creates a very obvious straight line separating the normal screen space (which is covered by a flash or picture) and the shaking space. It's a bit hard to explain, so I tried to draw a simple diagram:

[​IMG]

Hope that makes sense. Thanks! =)

16. KisaiTenshi

That's not a bug. The actual canvas size isn't changed, so the part you have in red is actually the HTML background color. You'd have to use the screen ratio of the target device to not get the red part.

17. Tsaiuki North

Tsaiuki North Eyes Of Thirteen Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My playtest does not run.. I wrote up a thread here seeing if there was a solution that i was just doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem to be getting anywhere (bless those that are trying).

Basically as I said, my playtest button in the app does not do what it's supposed to do. I click it, and i get a spinny "thinking" cursor icon for a few seconds, and then it goes away and nothing happens, BUT it does add a game.exe process to my task manager, which repeats depending how many times i want to hit that playtest button. No focus from the app window is lost. Running the game.exe directly from the project folder has the same result. In the task manager, it does not launch any apps either.

I originally was lead to believe it was my default browser, but now i'm being told browser has nothing to do with it.

I've tried many many many different things. It is not project related. I have started a fresh new project multiple times and went immidiately for the playtest button to see if it will work, and it does not. I have changed project directories several times, i have even reinstalled MV. I have re-installed Java 8, my drivers are up to date, and restarting my computer doesn't do anything either. I have tried everything under the sun but that game.exe will just not physically launch. The debug file gives nothing. I get no errors, it does not crash, or anything like that. It just simply doesn't do anything at all. The only way i can get the game to run at all is by dragging the html onto a browser, in which it opens in the browser. I can also use a .bat to tell the game.exe to launch in a browser, and it works... So why doesn't my game.exe work on it's own??? Why doesn't the playtest button work?

My computer specs are windows 7 home premium, amd 7700, i5quad cpu, and 16gb ram.

I cant' find a single thing anywhere. No errors, no reports, not even in the event viewer for my computer can i find anything at all related. there is just literally nothing. it just simply does not work.

18. CriticalGames

CriticalGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Uh, maybe I'm just not comprehending, but I don't think we're on the same page. Here's a picture to illustrate what I mean:

[​IMG]

It's hard to get a good picture while it's shaking (it looks much more pronounced than this in motion), but you can see the problem. On the far left, the part of the screen used to create a shaking effect is not covered by the Screen Flash or picture. Now I've found that the reason the picture isn't covering it is just due to how I've got it set up, rather than a bug. But I'd definitely say the Screen Flash not covering the shaking screen is a bug - at least, it's another thing that worked fine in RPG Maker XP.

19. KisaiTenshi

This is a different than how you described it earlier. In this case it appears that the tint/flash effect doesn't extend past the visible canvas. 

20. afn360

afn360 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello! I have encountered a very strange bug. I have items in my inventory that are completely unremovable...

At first I thought perhaps I accidently added them to a chest but I checked and they are added to me at the very start of the game, no autorun or parallel process should be doing this either... To make matters worse even when I try to use the "change weapon" function to subtract the items off of the player, they are removed. (1 set of them seemingly)

But then as I try to remove another set I am bombarded with even more weapons!

I am completely stumped at this point. Do you know what could be  causing this in the first place? Is it a plugin perhaps, I don't think any of them would force me to have items in my inventory but who knows, I will scan over the settings while I wait for a reply. Thanks in advance!

Edit : I just tried selling the items to see if I could get rid of em, but it spit out this error... http://puu.sh/kZdrk/785225c70d.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.