Status
Not open for further replies.

Noferatsi

Level 10
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The audio is lagging, in my games. Even when I go to the editor's sound test tab, it's still lagging. 

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Two additional things from me.

1. There are strange symbols next to "Quick Event Creation" and "Set Starting Position": http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151101/vqbnxujt.png

2. The color formatting with \c[x] doesn't work in the nickname field. It does work even in the terms section of the database, so I really don't understand why it shouldn't in a textbox like the nickname field which resembles other textboxes visually where it does work (skill description). This is an oversight, isn't it?

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm having a weird saving bug guys.  Theres one room in my game where the player sneaks through, when he gets to the save point at the end of the room and opens the menu he can click on any save point and the game won't save.  Than when you exit the save menu and re-enter all your saved data is blank (completely gone).  I've had one tester tell me that he died in the map before teaching the save and all his save data was gone too.  I've checked all my events and none of them have anything to do with the save data or anything except running towards the players and hitting him with an axe. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Hail4Gaming

Hail4Gaming
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Hail4Gaming

This is not the place to report Yanfly bugs, but engine bugs.

Please report either directly to Yanfly's site or, if there is a thread dealing with that plugin here, in the forum for js plugin support.
According to the initial thread, it is for all bugs. Not to mention I am not the only one reporting bugs that are related to plugins. Plus even Yanfly himself answered about my first bug without mentioning anything. No one has said anything about posting Plugin bugs until just now, and I am the only one being pointed out. Not trying to argue, I promise, I'm just letting you know is all. -- If this is the case, then would Shaz please mention that in the initial post, so as not to confuse us? A bug is a bug, even if it is plugin-related, it is still a bug. This is the "Official Bug Report" page, so I do not see anything wrong with posting it.

KisaiTenshi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Two additional things from me.

1. There are strange symbols next to "Quick Event Creation" and "Set Starting Position": http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151101/vqbnxujt.png

2. The color formatting with \c[x] doesn't work in the nickname field. It does work even in the terms section of the database, so I really don't understand why it shouldn't in a textbox like the nickname field which resembles other textboxes visually where it does work (skill description). This is an oversight, isn't it?
1) Those are arrows, so there is something wrong with the localization on your system.

2) Those color escape codes are only supported in text that supports it. If the engine isn't expecting it, then it just doesn't work. Someone could write a plugin to support that if there isn't already one.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had a problem with the Sci-Fi tiles that came with MV for some reason the transparent sidewalk tiles on SF_Outside_A5.png are not transparent, Instead I get the checkered pattern filling in where it should be transparent. This on the default SF tileset, any idea why this is happening? I assume maybe it's was not setup properly.
They ARE transparent, that is why you get the background there. All A-Tiles go to the bottom layer automatically, making the parallax below visible (or the checkered grid if there is no parallax) if they're transparent.
If you want to place something above the ground, it needs to be in the B to E slots.

SuperMasterSword

That Guy You Dont Know
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you have a lot of characters using a large number of multi-hit moves, the enemies won't attack or anything, it doesn't even say they waited. It probably won't happen to most people (mine was one character with a 9-hit regular attack and other times just with two characters using a 3-hit attack and all the other characters using a single move in the same turn) but it is still a bug. Like I said the conditions I was using might have been going a bit far (I was messing around making them super-op) but it should probably be fixed.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
When you have a lot of characters using a large number of multi-hit moves, the enemies won't attack or anything, it doesn't even say they waited. It probably won't happen to most people (mine was one character with a 9-hit regular attack and other times just with two characters using a 3-hit attack and all the other characters using a single move in the same turn) but it is still a bug. Like I said the conditions I was using might have been going a bit far (I was messing around making them super-op) but it should probably be fixed.
That's odd, my battle system has near 100% emphasis on multi attacks with weapons, spells, and skills and they still attack and I have weapons that hit nearly 16 times.

SuperMasterSword

That Guy You Dont Know
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hoppy

Really? I literally had ONE other enemy (he was the giant evilgod enemy) and whenever I had too many of them use those kinds of attacks or ONE guy use his 9x regular attack and everyone do NOTHING BUT GUARD the evil god would just sit there and take it and before he did anything I would see the command select window again.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The shotguns, pistols, and machine guns I've made can hit over 10 times, the enemy still attacks, same with some spells and skills.

MakeAndCreate

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am having a similar problem as supermastersword. I have a skill that adds states to both the user and the target, but after I use it, the enemies stop doing anything, and the state I use on them doesn't even restrict their targeting in any way.

willoneill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I will miss this when it's gone, but I haven't seen anybody report it.

A few suggestions for fixing it:

• "Success!"
  • "Deployment successful."
  • "Distribution package created."
  • "Package created: <path>"
  • "Succeeded in creating a distribution package."
That last one would be the correct version of what was intended, I guess, but even then I think it's a little unwieldy. :)

Kesshin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
So when testing the engine on my new PC (No previous RPG Maker Engines), there are no tilesets. Doesn't it come with preset tiles? If so, how do I obtain them, or see them? I've already checked the tilesets via the system, and none show up there either. Everything is blank!

KisaiTenshi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
So when testing the engine on my new PC (No previous RPG Maker Engines), there are no tilesets. Doesn't it come with preset tiles? If so, how do I obtain them, or see them? I've already checked the tilesets via the system, and none show up there either. Everything is blank!
Either you've installed it wrong, or you've deleted NewData before creating a new Project.

Kesshin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I installed it on this computer just like I did on the other one. The only difference is that the other one has VX Ace. I haven't deleted any information either. All I did was File > Open > Name > OK; I didn't go into any of the folders until I realized the tilesets are not there. To be honest, I don't think you can even install the engine wrong... I just kept hitting next....

Kesshin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Either you've installed it wrong, or you've deleted NewData before creating a new Project.
I installed it on this computer just like I did on the other one. The only difference is that the other one has VX Ace, and everything shows up on there just fine. I haven't deleted any information either. All I did was File > Open > Name > OK; I didn't go into any of the folders until I realized the tilesets are not there. To be honest, I don't think you can even install the engine wrong... I just kept hitting next....

If it makes a difference, all the other icons (players, battlebacks, etc) are showing up.

Sry about the double post as well

**Update**

NEWdata is definitely there, I just found out. The only tile sets that show up are the TileD Tile sets in the first set of tileset folders. I tried putting the other tileset folders inside that one, but nothing changed. Any ideas?

gamerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
This bug happens when you have a damage type selected, but no formula entered. Is this the case? Check your skills formula. I'll see about writing up a plugin that fixes this and defaults the damage to 0.
There were formula for the skill. BUT I found a typo - I wrote matk instead of mat. It's weird that game throws some random error instead of telling me that there is a mistake in the formula.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you have a lot of characters using a large number of multi-hit moves, the enemies won't attack or anything, it doesn't even say they waited.

I am having a similar problem as supermastersword. I have a skill that adds states to both the user and the target, but after I use it, the enemies stop doing anything,
In all cases where the enemy stops doing something, please check if it still has a zero-cost-attack (like the basic attack skill #1) available.

Enemies need to pay the costs for their skills in the same way as the actors, and all cases of enemy stopping to attack that I've heard of so far, the enemy simply run out of mana to pay for its skills.

And no, there is no wait message if the enemy can't use any skill due to lack of MP or TP.

Darkalfador

Reaction score
First Language
English

I 'extended' the purple pillars by pasting over them.

But in-game the original pillar heads bleed through.

The pillar heads are set to a higher level in the tile set (above hero) buy - why do they still exist after I pasted over them?

Thanks,

-Bob

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder what cat meat tastes like.
Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creth-Alretan