That Guy You Dont Know
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar

I definitely had him have regular attack, that's one of the reasons it had weirded me out so much the first time. I was trying to make him only use regular attack the first turn but instead he didn't do anything. I only figured out it had to do with my multi-hit skills when I had everyone guard.

Also gamerxp's problem reminded me of another problem I had earlier. In one skill I made a noob mistake and instead of typing in 'b.atk' I just typed in 'b'. The result? It would always result in no damage and from that point on, that enemy would be INVINCIBLE. I'm not kidding, I might have been sitting there for 10 minutesbor even half an hour tryig to figure out why he wouldn't die. It just sat there soaking up however muh damage I could throw at it and never die. And no, I did not set the skill to give anyone the immortal state. It took FOREVER for me to figure out it even had to do with that skill and then figure out that it had to do with its formula. I never thought I'd say this, but I think that kind of issue SHOULD CRASH THE GAME (along with an error message of course) instead of just continuing on not letting you know what you did wrong. The only way I could end the battle was by escaping. (And probably losing but I initially encountered the problem against a bat)

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also gamerxp's problem reminded me of another problem I had earlier. In one skill I made a noob mistake and instead of typing in 'b.atk' I just typed in 'b'. The result? It would always result in no damage and from that point on, that enemy would be INVINCIBLE. I'm not kidding, I might have been sitting there for 10 minutesbor even half an hour tryig to figure out why he wouldn't die. It just sat there soaking up however muh damage I could throw at it and never die. And no, I did not set the skill to give anyone the immortal state. It took FOREVER for me to figure out it even had to do with that skill and then figure out that it had to do with its formula. I never thought I'd say this, but I think that kind of issue SHOULD CRASH THE GAME (along with an error message of course) instead of just continuing on not letting you know what you did wrong. The only way I could end the battle was by escaping. (And probably losing but I initially encountered the problem against a bat)
 The fix I posted in the other topic should also fix your issue (albeit it will still just do 0 damage - just giving 'b' isn't a formula to evaluate for, it's just an object.), which was being caused for basically the same reason. When calculating damage it the evaluation function was returning NaN. The reason it doesn't crash the game in the case of enemy battlers is because they have no status bars (HP and the such) that require updating.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Enemy Action Pattern: Turn 0, which the description says has no meaning, is actually turn 1. On other words, if you want an enemy to use a specific skill as its first action, you set it to turn 0 instead of, as it would be (intuitively) correct, turn 1. It appears that you have to add 1 to the number to get the actual turn.

PokarFace

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Every once in a while after clicking on an action for an event, I'll get a white screen open. I close it and try to add the same action to the event, the white screen is no longer there and I can keep on working.

romanticmisery.

Humanoid Exotica
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This "bug" is probably caused by the engine itself but might be worth mentioning in here because it might get fixed in the future.

<< Here is the detailed problem.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48774-explanation-of-sound-delay-bug-in-editor-sound-test-not-a-question/

Mostly is the delay the engine has of playing battle BGM, Usually by playing when the battle is already underway, must be linked to the lenght of the track specified, i shortened my battle bgm and started to play much faster, still, the report is now here, i hope there's some solution for this, or a future fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I have that too, M@pple. BGMs and sound effects sometimes need a lot of loading time, messing up the timing.

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Quite often the MV application itself causes my Graphics card to crash, and after the card recovers I can't see anything except white windows when I try opening menus and such. Not sure if it's my hardware or the software exactly. But this is the only program that ever causes my graphics to crash.

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
MV simply crashes on startup (before any UI appears). I ran the installer as admin and installed the program as I usually would, but it crashes every time. I found the debug log: [1102/112811:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty() but I'm not sure what could be missing from the installation.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV simply crashes on startup (before any UI appears). I ran the installer as admin and installed the program as I usually would, but it crashes every time. I found the debug log: [1102/112811:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty() but I'm not sure what could be missing from the installation.
In 99% of all cases, that is not a missing file from the installation, but a problem with the path name you try to install into.
This is especially true if you have a file system using non-latin letters.

Try to change the installation path into something that contains only latin letters.

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Acer(C:) > Program Files (x86) > KADOKAWA > RPGMV

There's something wrong with this file path?

Edit: I gave it a shot. It crashed the exact same way, but this time a debug file wasn't generated.

RPGMV_Crash.PNG

voymasa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Two additional things from me.

1. There are strange symbols next to "Quick Event Creation" and "Set Starting Position": http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151101/vqbnxujt.png

2. The color formatting with \c[x] doesn't work in the nickname field. It does work even in the terms section of the database, so I really don't understand why it shouldn't in a textbox like the nickname field which resembles other textboxes visually where it does work (skill description). This is an oversight, isn't it?
the escape character for color is \C[x] not \c[x] (I initially did this myself). Use a capital C. As for escape characters, hover your mouse pointer over the text box and it will show you the escape characters. They are case sensitive.

As for my "bug", I created a new map and placed the starting position there, and it worked. The specific order I did things on the first map (that wouldn't allow movement on start) was to add a parallax background, the starting position, and the events, playtest and notice no movability, add tiles to "walk" on, and still no movability. For map two (the one that worked) I added Tile A's first, then copied my events over and set start position, and playtested: it worked.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No - in the cases I've heard with similiar errors before, those were for example on Thai windows with user paths/names in non-latin letters.

That's why I asked

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's a fresh download and install from the official website. I start up the program and it crashes on the splash screen; compatibility and administrator settings don't make any difference. No one else has encountered this issue?

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Maybe it's just me again, but I don't see "&" characters in drop down menus. (Try making a skill called "Slice & Dice", for instance. In the skills tab, it's fine. In drop-down menus, it's not there.)

JumbocactuarX27

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So, not sure if "working as intended" or not, but I can confirm that audio on the Android apps do not loop properly.  The loop points are ignored completely.  
Haven't seen anyone else mention this anywhere else on the forums, so I'll just quote this report instead of writing another one. Not the most pressing problem, perhaps, but really jarring when a track fails to loop. Maybe there's a workaround I haven't been able to find?

KisaiTenshi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me again, but I don't see "&" characters in drop down menus. (Try making a skill called "Slice & Dice", for instance. In the skills tab, it's fine. In drop-down menus, it's not there.)
This one I can probably explain. In Javascript you can't use the & as-is. There are 6 characters that may do this.

& : &

< : <

> : >

" : "

' : '

/ : /

Try replacing & with & (include the semicolon) and see if that displays.

Kesshin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
KisaiTenshi, on 01 Nov 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

Either you've installed it wrong, or you've deleted NewData before creating a new Project.
I installed it on this computer just like I did on the other one. The only difference is that the other one has VX Ace, and everything shows up on there just fine. I haven't deleted any information either. All I did was File > Open > Name > OK; I didn't go into any of the folders until I realized the tilesets are not there. To be honest, I don't think you can even install the engine wrong... I just kept hitting next....

If it makes a difference, all the other icons (players, battlebacks, etc) are showing up.

**Update**

NEWdata is definitely there, I just found out. The only tile sets that show up are the TileD Tile sets in the first set of tileset folders. I tried putting the other tileset folders inside that one, but nothing changed. Any ideas?

**NEW UPDATE**

For those that had the same issue as I had above, I was able to solve the problem. All I did was move the project from the default folder that the installer suggested (my games), and moved it over to the official RPGMV folder. Once I did that, everything popped up just fine. 

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This one I can probably explain. In Javascript you can't use the & as-is. There are 6 characters that may do this.

& : &

< : <

> : >

" : "

' : '

/ : /

Try replacing & with & (include the semicolon) and see if that displays.
It does display anywhere else, though: Database entry, description, even event commands (if you let someone learn that skill via event command). The only place it doesn't show is drop-down menus. So this makes me believe they just forgot to make it work there, too.

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
Today I found this glitch while play testing. On the battle transition, the map shows some weird grid-like black lines. It took me a bit to take a screenshot of the thing.

I would post my specs, but I'm not completely sure about all of them. What was the software you use to determine them?

Here's what I know so far:

I run Windows 8.1 (x64)/10 (x86).

Intel Pentium processor @ 3.1 GHz.

4 GB RAM

nVidia GeForce 9500GT, Driver version 341.81

Ice Dragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
My RPG MAKER MV has some bugs.Is there any update that I can download yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KURAMAA0