Not open for further replies.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure this is working as intended, but RPG Maker gives me an error when playtesting if there's no Vehicle.png, Shadow1.png, Shadow2.png, or WeaponX.png. If I'm not using these in my project, RPG Maker shouldn't crash if I don't have them. Why does it check for those things? Nobody would delete them if they weren't 100% sure they don't use them. And if they do, but delete it and it crashes then, it's their own fault. Why force people like me to also include these things?

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm not sure this is working as intended, but RPG Maker gives me an error when playtesting if there's no Vehicle.png, Shadow1.png, Shadow2.png, or WeaponX.png. If I'm not using these in my project, RPG Maker shouldn't crash if I don't have them. Why does it check for those things? Nobody would delete them if they weren't 100% sure they don't use them. And if they do, but delete it and it crashes then, it's their own fault. Why force people like me to also include these things?
You deleted them and you never removed the art from the editor. This is not a bug it's your fault. 

Clear these images and it will stop looking for them. 

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I DID remove exacty those in the database, though. ;) Still gave me the Vehicle.png error.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucariobro99

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I never got my answer for my weird letters glitch/bug, Anyway i'm near positive it's because my PC Isn't strong enough, but i was wondering if i could change the font of the editor etc so i could actually understand what im reading

{ Image Example = https://gyazo.com/34b3157637e5c6352495be88879f40f2 }

It's not just in that specific screen, it's in character gen, all editors,

I was wondering if there was a simple way i could fix it,

Thanks for the help

Monos51

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Francais
Primarily Uses
Hello. I use RM MV in Frensh Language and I am a bug with the Traits.

The Software freeze when i change numeric entry, the % start at 1000% and I dont change this and other  numeric entry.

When I change the language of the PC in English, I do not have this series of bug.

I just watched with German translation and it's the same. There are bugs.

Thank you and good jobs

Hiek

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ahh then that would be a bug then I agree. 
He shouldn't have to remove them from the Database to begin with anyways.

If he removed the file completely from MV, and also Saved, and Reopened the Program, then those

sprites he removed shouldn't even remain in the Database to be searched for.

He/We shouldn't have to also manually remove the sprites from the Database too.

It should automatically be blank since it doesn't exist in the folder anymore as it did with the previous Makers.

So yeah, I'd say this is a bug.

Or a very poor design.

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same "graphic didn't update" problem as Lars Ulrika – the graphic curiously updated when I renamed it, though, but it reverted to only recognizing the "old" version of the file when I changed the file name back. Closing and reopening MV solved this.

Another minor inconvenience: Whenever a tooltip is shown and I move the cursor away, the whole screen flashes white for a brief moment. I did update my graphics card driver the day before yesterday, so it may be because of this.

I had another weirdness happening, but I have to first check if it's just me being stupid before posting it here. But spoilers: It's really weird. Like, symbols appearing after typing text codes weird.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Huh, it appears that if you remove the graphics in the database first (set to "None") and remove the PNG afterwards, MV doesn't complain. This does only go for the Vehicles.png, though. Trying to get rid of WeaponX.png this way still doesn't work. I set all the SV animations to "None" and removed the WeaponX.png files, but MV complains about it.

trentswd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
I encoutnered a strange problem

that is: ALL CHECK BOXES WON'T TICK EVEN IT IS CHECKED

like the picture below:

this is rather terrible for i can't tell witch one is checked.

System is Win 10, Simplfied Chinese, newly installed

Version is steam version

I found someone in local community has the same problem in win10 but some don't. Very strange.

lazhiral

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Not sure if that's considered a bug (?), but...

The glass option is overlaying the front hair images.
Maybe that was intended, but anyway, here it is.

Magni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hello. I use RM MV in Frensh Language and I am a bug with the Traits.

The Software freeze when i change numeric entry, the % start at 1000% and I dont change this and other  numeric entry.

When I change the language of the PC in English, I do not have this series of bug.

I just watched with German translation and it's the same. There are bugs.

Thank you and good jobs
Yep, same here. No problem when the PC is in english. But with any other language ...

Here is a short vid :

Thanks

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
At times, I keep getting a VERY strange issue with the audio both in game and when listening through the editor.

Sometimes I click play and it wont do anything at all. 

Rachelsaurus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
the auto shadow does not go over items, not sure if already posted.

Also I don't know if the wall in the left room is as intended, or if the wood is supposed to just be at the bottom, similar to the wall in the room on the right. 

http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/691254/25e1b06dcb0be306cc12adf353bf16de

---

@Liak Wow, that's weird. My brain must have been remembering the items in the shadow, even though - now I've gone back - I can see they weren't. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
That's not a bug, I think. It has been that way in Ace, too.

YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is MV not compatible with the MP3 audio format, or is this an issue on my end?

Luminous

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Why We can't Import anything at Character Generator? What the purpose of Import button mean then? 
Anyone success to import something to Char gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
    Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
    I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
    Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Enkidu