Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey all!

Kain Vinosec here to provide you with some links to the IGM Tutorials I've been doing. I'll keep updated this list as more get posted.

Note: After finishing the 20th tutorial, I've gotten kinda busy with other things. There are more planned! I am just on a bit of a hiatus at the moment with some other projects and things I am working on for RPGMW.

Tutorial I: Exporting To Flash

Blog - PDF

Tutorial II: Exporting To XNA

Blog - PDF

Tutorial III: Basic Platformer

Blog - PDF

Tutorial IV: Refining Your Game

Blog - PDF

Tutorial V: Adding Features

Blog - PDF

Tutorial VI: Adding Health

Blog - PDF

Tutorial VII: Adding A Boss HP Display

Blog - PDF

Tutorial VIII: Camera With A Course

Blog - PDF

Tutorial IX: Projectiles

Blog - PDF

Tutorial X: Pausing

Blog - PDF

Tutorial XI: The Basics Of Menus

Blog - PDF

Tutorial XII: Lives Left

Blog - PDF

Tutorial XIII: Saving

Blog - PDF

Tutorial XIV: Health Bar

Blog - PDF

Tutorial XV: Changing Tiles

Blog - PDF

Tutorial XVI: Flow

Blog - PDF

Tutorial XVII: Ghosts

Blog - PDF

Tutorial XVIII: Tips And Tricks - Part 1

Blog - PDF

Tutorial XIX: Tips And Tricks Part 2

Blog - PDF

Tutorial XX: Tips And Tricks Part 3

Blog - PDF

Last Updated: 2012.12.18

Rock on,

Kain

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Very nice tutorials. I'm still waiting for the trial to finish downloading but reading through the basics gives me an idea how the thing works.

SlySly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I just have a little suggestion about the titles you choose for Tutorial XVIII, XIX and XX.

You choose 'Tips And Tricks' and it's a good name but you probably need to choose a sub name because I never remember it's what about.

For example:

Tutorial XVIII : Tips And Tricks - Adding A Reduced Image As A Material -

Tutorial XIX : Tips And Tricks - Auto Tiling -

...etc

So people will remember easier what is about, or where to find something they already read.

In fact, it's just a suggestion :)

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the suggestion SlySly. I will work on that whenever I get a chance.

Boris

We live in Phantasm
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Thanks for tutorials, Kain. With help of 3-rd tutorial made a platformer with one level. *fireworks* ^^

DarkFact

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love your tutorials but adobe site is such a train wreck of BS any more and I can't find the adobe flex SDK required for flash export any suggestions?

Vance Raehart

Story writer/Aspiring Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we should have someone update these tuts while kain is busy, it'd be easier on him

DarkFact

Apprentice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I am struggling with getting the music to work right supposedly I rename the mp3's to wav and put them where? in a folder, root directory? I haven't clarified a few items like that if I could I will port Rofaxan to flash. Although it won't be nearly as good without sound atleast it can have the music.

Raybrite

Lost Newbe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1. I cannot find the Adobe Flex SDK. The screen the link took me to said nothing about Build 3.6.0.16995A or anything like that.

2. Do I really need to do the first two tutorials before making a game?

osiahene

Explorer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The platformer tutorial really gave me idea of how IGM works. Now I just need a tutorial explaining how to make an ation RPG and I'll be set! Well in the meantime I could dissect the sample action RPGs.

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Comment: Creating animations sure is tedious. Oh well...

Evil Overlord

The Evil Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
- Dragon Knight -

HP: 438 MP: 94

ATK: 61 DEF: 28

INT: 44 AGI: 96

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

"This demon hunting game isn't any old walk in the park, let me tell you." Ruby said to one of her many summoned children and pat them on the head as they walked through the densely filled forest, almost in search of the demons themselves, of course, Ruby wouldn't tell you that as she is mainly a healer, but a pretty forum badge is tugging at her heart and while she doesn't like being in the middle of conflict, she has to save Arum. Her home. 

They heard a rustling in the trees and went on the defense. "I think it's coming," Her littlest friend said, softly. Ruby pushed him behind her and pulled out her staff as an almost giant dragon knight came stumbling through the forest, reeking of alcohol and pizza. 

"Ruby, remember, I'm not real. I'm just a summon, use me as necessary."

"Okay..." She hesitated but began throwing commands at him as quickly as possible to the already disoriented dragon. "Lightning, use all your hardest attacks first!" 

The little summoned creature went up in a tornado like motion of light and swirled around the monster in circles of clouds and lightning. He growled, and roared, and reared back, trying to smack the little guy away, but he was quick.

"I'm... starting to feel queasy, Ruby!" He stated suddenly. The smell of the alcohol/pizza combo was getting to him!! He had to take a short breather, and when he did the demon took notice and swatted him away like a measly fruit fly.

He lay, twitching on the ground, and rendered unusable.

Ruby scrambled for options...

-To be continued- 

*Although I don't know enough about IG Maker to post accordingly, sorry!*

Ruby reached into her pouch remembering the last 3 of her pokeballs and throws them at him, then rushes to her friends side in hopes that the damage from that will hold him off for a moment while the recuperate-

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use to hang out with dragons a lot and I can confirm that they aren't really suitable for IG Maker Tutorials, so why bother Dragon Knight?

Join me instead, you're out of place here.

*tosses 4 balls at Dragon Knight*

I'm on fire, but never on this scale!

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
3 new balls fell from the sky to her and she used one in hopes of capturing him finally with her friend Dalph.

Ralph

Retired Badass
Restaff Lead
Reaction score
First Language
Fantasy Heroics
The Dragon Knight has been defeated!

Vance Raehart

Story writer/Aspiring Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not to kill the fun but this thread isn't reserved for random **** like this. lets try to keep things IG maker related cause is isn't a role play thread

EDIT: ok i read up on the event, but still, this person put a lot of time and effort on this tutorials, and personally i think its disrespectful. considering no really comments in this section. The comments should really be for praising the tutorials and stuff related to it. this is just my opinion on the subject. because this is an event, i assume that these comments will be deleted?

Medic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks so much for the tutorials Kain. They've been very helpful! I ran into an issue with tutorial XI: The Basics of Menus, and was wondering if anyone might be able to assist as it seems like I'm probably missing something simple. The problem is simply that Stage 1 and 2 aren't loading when I select one of them in my menu. When selecting either option, I simply get a black screen. I suspect an issue with flow somewhere in there but I just can't figure this out. Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hopefully some more Tutorials will come soon--since I'm kind of a first timer, I might need all the help I can get!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MaverickHunterDBoy
unless the community writes them, I consider that very unlikely - and the community is rather small for IGM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.
Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr