Official Store Submissions

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Aug 19, 2012.

1. ashyramoonwolf

ashyramoonwolf Chibo's Keeper Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    newtree.png
    Same tree at first.... THIS is called EDIT!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The license for the resources that come with RPG Maker is for selling a game that uses them, it is not a license to sell the resources themselves, even heavily edited. To sell those, you would need to obtain a separate license, which is something that has happened exactly once to my knowledge and took a very long time to get.

Marquise* likes this.
  3. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That means for no money.

Marquise* likes this.
  4. ashyramoonwolf

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok can we stop being bad people two second?
    Sans titre.png
    CAN YOU REALLY SAY those two are same at first?

Edit: Without knowing and without lying for sure. (I told you they are the same at first, but could you guessed it? Even if you ask it to yourself I really doubt about it!

Same for the tree btw newtree.png

5. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    While they may not be the same, the quality of the 2nd one is so bad I'd not buy it, as the 2nd one has so many jagged edges I'd look elsewhere rather than use that.

Keep in mind, there is a minimum quality expected in store submissions as well. And while it's not my vote whether or not things get in, make sure the quality is up to the level of what else you see there, then worry about if the store will take it.

6. ashyramoonwolf

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is something I understand, And I know there is a need to polish them a little. The point is to know if they look original or not

7. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok, fair enough. Since I have the art skills of a 6 year old child (and that might be insulting the child), and I have no idea what else they want outside of a minimum quality (the rest is up to staff honestly), all I'll say is good luck.

ashyramoonwolf likes this.
  8. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You know what, only way to know for sure if they will get accepted or not is to do as the original post says and submit samples. If you want further opinions on your work, please post in the WIP thread, instead of continuing to clutter this one up.

9. ashyramoonwolf

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks @bgillisp . I honestly will explain the things simply. I'll start using Unity more than RPG Maker (definitely not optimized for mobile) So I will not use my tileset anymore. but if a few polishing can able it to be sell, i will take the little time needed. (But if we say me there is no way. I will not loose my time.) This is why i did it like this. (it's still some days working on it. During that time, I cannot learn Unity. So...)

Edit: sorry about bumping that topic. Still hope this will help people in the future!

10. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ashyramoonwolf
    there are two different things involved here that should not be mixed up under any circumstances: the artistic result/quality and the copyright/licence question.

The second case has absolutely nothing to do with how different an edit looks to the original, it only cares if an edit was made or not. If you used the RTP in any kind of copy or edit or framework in the creation of any resource, that resulting resource cannot be sold anywhere (not in this or in any other webshop) without prior written licence to do so - and you won't get that licence from Kadokawa. As said above others have tried to get that before, including people who have much better contacts than you.

And as a personal opinion of what I've seen around the web: If you try to base something on another artwork and then try to force a difference, that result usually (99%) ends up in the lowest quality scale.
    There are technical reasons for this that have nothing to do with you, it's just that in order to force a difference onto someone else' original you need to understand that original including why each pixel was placed where.

That is why edits are always recognizable as such, or result in rather bad originals. And since the licencing prevents you from using any RTP as a basis for a shop product, you'll usually get much better results by starting from scratch without any base like adviced above.
    If your skills are not yet up to create something that way, then continue to improve them by working on your own style and making edits until you are better, but you can't sell any of those edits.

ashyramoonwolf and Marquise* like this.
  11. ashyramoonwolf

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you realize, that I actually edit the basic tilest for reasons? Shape, keep some colors the same (more or less) and how object are working. But the cliff and the tree in my exemple are not based from anything (Well.... They are. i took pictures with my phone... so they are based on real life stuff... Sorry kitten, but yeah, the cliff and treee are new, created on the basic tileset for good reason. A idea about color. and shape. But are not in any case a work on the tileset himself....)

edit: I want them in Cell shading by the way. so here are the look i'm searching for.
    Sans titre.png newtree2.png
    I know some people don't enjoy the blurry effect. But me and many other do. And we are not here to speak about personnal taste.

(By the way this is to sell things on the website right? Because I'm gonna do it on steam so.... I may am loosing my time speacking with you anyway..)

12. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The reasons do not matter, it is a question of copyright law.
    If you use the RTP tileset in your work, then you cannot sell the result as a resource.
    And that is finite, nothing you say or give (other than getting a written exception from Kodakawa) can change that.

You can use those edits in a game and sell the game (as long as that game is not intended for distribution of the resources), but you cannot sell the resource-edits themselves.
    And it doesn't matter where you sell them either - try to sell them on steam or on your own website, and you'll get a C&D and will be fined for damages.

You can only sell things where you have the licence to do so for every part of it. So an edit of a photo you personally made can be sold as long as no parts of the results had other sources. So you cannot copy or create them "on the basic resource part", because as soon as you use any form of the RTP in that work, you can no longer sell the result.

JosephSeraph and Marquise* like this.
  13. ashyramoonwolf

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OK. i'll say it another way so you will not be able to quote whatever you like to prove you are right!
    I actually made my element based on the shape and colorst of the basic tileset. I created them from nothing, but they are baased in color and shape on the tileset we have with rpg maker MV.

Oh you actually said it. (see what i'm talking about?)

edit:
    2018-02-03 (4).png 2018-02-03 (5).png This is my bad i don't use the right word. but you are not even tryong to understand too... so.. I keep the same kind of shape! IAt the end I know i am on my right so hard, i'll not continue to argue with you anyway! I don't use kadokawa's sheep! But i use the same shape than them! That's it. End of the story!!!

I'll prove it to you! You don't know how or when or who. But my tileset will be propose by someone else. And you will agree ^^ Because they are not the basic rtp and are way much far from it)

14. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's enough derailing this topic. If you want to take up what constitutes edits and what doesn't, please start a new topic. But no more posting in here.

15. rondchild

rondchild Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Hello there!
    I tried to send my e-mail to official e-mail ("productgroup@degica.com"), but the address not found?
    Can anybody help me?

Thank you

Attached Files:

Marquise* likes this.
  16. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Please send in a support ticket for now. Tech team is aware and working on a fix. :)

Marquise* likes this.
  17. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    I think that email still not working.
    Is there no alternative email?

Marquise* likes this.
  18. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Marquise* and SmashArtist like this.
  19. Zabu

Zabu Prince of light Veteran

First Language:
    Fran├žais
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for the new mail ! :)

Marquise* likes this.
  20. SmashArtist

SmashArtist Lazy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Question! I am working on an asset pack in my own style, and decided to remake all of MV's graphical assets before adding anything new so that integrating my asset pack will be easy to do. However I was wondering if I'd be able to re-create the same characters (Enemies, walk characters, etc), using the same designs or if it would be safer to just create unique characters/designs. Either way would be fine with me, and I'm not set on using MV's RTP characters anyways.
    Would be great to know! Thank you, I look forward to your response! :kaohi:

Marquise* and Starmage like this.