RMMV Offset Animations/Animations in front of player for MV?

FrozenFacade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found this thread covering exactly what I wanted but unfortunately it was for VX, somebody from the JS questions thread suggested I post here asking if someone can make something like this work for MV either as a Script or Plugin I suppose.

Basically I wanted to have a system similar to Golden Sun's on-field magic for puzzle solving but couldn't find a way to have an animation play a set distance in the direction the player is facing.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

FrozenFacade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Requests[/move]
Thanks, wasn't quite sure where to put this since I'd prefer script over a plugin if it's even possible for something like this... I assume it is since you managed to come up with something for VX.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, wasn't quite sure where to put this since I'd prefer script over a plugin
There's no such thing for MV/MZ. They don't use Ruby scripting anymore - the engine's code is written with JavaScript and you can install plugins to overwrite/supplement it.

Have you looked at Galv's Map Animation Effects? It mentions being able to specify coordinates.

Last edited:

FrozenFacade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll check it out tomorrow and see what it can do, thanks.
There's no such thing for MV/MZ. They don't use Ruby scripting anymore - the engine's code is written with JavaScript and you can install plugins to overwrite/supplement it.

Have you looked at Galv's Map Animation Effects? It mentions being able to specify coordinates.

FrozenFacade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Ok thanks for the recommendation, when I saw that at first glance I wasn't sure what I could do but I managed to get the effect that I wanted using this common event and the plugin. Just a matter of adjusting the animation itself now for things to line up properly.

(For anyone else who finds this, you use the variable's in the animation name to describe where the effect will go after using the player as the target, I have extra distance added based on the direction the player is facing so it will always cast 2 spaces in front of them)

VIDEO DEMO -->
Untitled.png

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is a evented way for pushing which can set animation on them,
and move them with it from the base. found [here].

while it is for pushing, you can use the base for pretty much anything,
like growing, shrinking, create something etc :)

I did made animation on the movement and replace a switch for MV,
as it didn't work correctly as the event made there.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LottaSpice