Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi.

Part of my name is Ry. I think I'm warming up to using it more. My real name is unique, which is why the only place I use it is Facebook. I'm female, late 20's, born and raised in the US with still little amount of knowledge on online speak.

I had a trial a couple of years back. Then, I stopped using that computer, switched to this one, and now the trial actually ends, if that makes sense. I decided to look into buying it, and since I have a Steam account, managed to take advantage of a sale and buy VX Ace. I'm working with it, learning the basics of everything.

I write. Fanfics here and there, some original stuff sneaked in. That seems to be a strong suit for me when I'm flowing in energy. I used to do it more, but I'm drained by life. Right now, I'm working on a script version of a game I'm working on to get the dialogue and events in place so I can work in VXA along side. I am going to work on making the game/script first before going into customizing sprites, items, tiles, music. Which will take a while. My first attempts at making sprites ended up looking odd.

Bye, and hope to type back soon.

CaptainRadish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome to the boards! :smile:
Have fun with making your own adventures for VX Ace. A big part of the joy of these makers is coming up with your own story and defining it as a game. I'm focusing more on the plot elements myself. Don't worry too much about spriting, I've found the resources available here are very helpful, and if you do get stuck, there is a tool from the publisher that can help you create custom sprites. It's easy to get Ruby scripts here too if you need game mechanics or other functions the maker doesn't ordinarily provide.
See you around.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you. I am definitely having fun with that section. Sprites, I am using, but it's objects, since the game I'm working with is meant for modern times.

On a second thought, I don't even think I've seen much bathroom fixtures in the rtp graphics.

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome. This is a great place for any RPG Maker information. People are nice and friendly. Hope you enjoy your stay.

GiddyPeak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome to the boards! I'm a newbie myself, so pretty excited to all the things I'll see here in the future!

JamesdomusGames

I'm an anarchist. No, really.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Ry,

I've been working with RPGMVXA since October. I'm enjoying using the software immensely. I actually found a book on how to utilize it "How to make a 2D RPG in a Weekend", and I read through it a dozen times before buying the software. Even after that, I've been finding all types of cool things to do that weren't covered in the book. It was refreshing to discover how flexible VXAce is.

I also write from time to time. I haven't written fanfic in years, though I was active with Star Wars fic less than 15 years ago.

I'm also new to the forums and maybe I'll see you around. :)

James

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oo, books. I never thought about that. I might order/find it through interloan after next paycheck.

I'm inching back into the writing portion of things. Drabbles, streams of consciousness. Large projects tend to fall off, unfortunately. The script for this game has 16 pages, which, yay, but also, I'm only on the first 'chapter' of gameplay.

So, hello.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welcome to the forums! Seems like a lot of new people have been joining recently which is great! I hope you enjoy your stay. Let us know if you need anything.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I realized that I don't talk about my game's plot too much. not that I'm hiding stuff, I just don't know what I should tell people in general that would be important. I know more so what plot points NOT to tell.
Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
jaynightwolf wrote on GalacticGod's profile.
hello GALACTICGOD I loved your characters especially the super heroes, I am new to this rpg program and I would like to know if you have more characters from DC comics, be they villains or heroes
My winter pack is now free on itch.io!
Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YoSocrates