TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I guess since I've been on and off of here for two years, I should probably introduce myself. So here's a brief crash course on this guy.

Back in 2004 I found Don Miguel's translated version of RPG Maker 2000. I toyed around with it for a while in amazement, starting my strange first game featuring the adventures of a dog, cat, and chicken. It didn't last long, but the beginner questions like, "how do I make a door?" popped up, which lead me on a journey online to find help.

I found Creation Asylum off of some kind of RPG forum listing in late 2004, a month after the forum opened. I made some great friends over those next many years, and was the top poster/famous guy on the site for quite a long time. As I grew older, I slowed down my RPG making and forum activity, until life took over and I took a break. RMXP was still the popular, current version at the time.

Fast-forward to 2012. I start college and am busier than ever, but the RPG making spark has reignited. Now RMVX/ace are on the scene; it's a scary new world out there. I can't let go of my RMXP mapping and old ways, so I open up my projects folder and take a look at my latest abandoned game. Nostalgia floods my mind, and from then until now, I have been updating the game to my current standards, and making painfully slow, but steady progress.

College life (class time, work terms), and relationships take up most of my time, but I've been setting aside some time every week to keep my dream alive of one day finishing my heart-rending, dramatic, yet warm and quirky game.

I am 24. I am a music lover and musician. I love food and skinny jeans. I've started running marathons this year. I am kind of a hipster, but not too hip because really hip people don't tell people that they're hip. I occasionally deal with existential dread, but bounce back quickly when in good company. I am an introvert who strangely loves public speaking. I like pineapple juice.

So that's me. I've already received some excellent help from you guys, and have had plenty of engaging discussions. I'm looking forward to more. Thanks for stopping by, have a nice day. :)

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome back to the group!

doncht

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Quite a good intro that you got there. Welcome aboard! 

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Welcome back. :)

Well, introvert/extrovert only means "I get my energy from alone time (introvert) or being in the outside world (extrovert)"   I'm quite the extrovert, but will actively avoid large social gatherings unless they're absolutely mandatory (company Christmas party is in all but name). I REALLY hate social gatherings where the dominant conversation is small talk and have even been known to pull out a book and read (my friends say that is a Really Bad Idea at a work party).  :p

And I enjoy spending time by myself, making RPGs, reading and the likes.

Just pointing out those 2 poles don't mean social/not social.  In fact, some very well known performers are introverts.  It just means they REALLY need their down time.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am kind of embarrassed that I made that little introvert flub there. I'm a pretty vocal advocate of properly defining the word. I should have said that I enjoy public speaking despite dealing with mild social anxiety, haha.

MarikuJunrei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OMG Pineapple juice <3 we will get along just fine xD 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myj3775