Oh, Variable 5! (Moby's Text SE & Yanfly's Victory Aftermath!)

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by RetroSoldier, Jul 17, 2013.

1. RetroSoldier

RetroSoldier Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello all! I'm RetroSoldier the Unheard Of!

I'm making a small-ish RPG for my friends to enjoy (and for the pleasure of game-making.) 

Anyway, onto the problem we go!

The Setup:

I am currently using a few scripts, two of which are Moby's Text SE v1.0 for sounds with mah text (specifically the version that allows you to assign up to 7 "voice" values with Variable 5) and Yanfly's Victory Aftermath v1.03.

For reference:

*Link to Moby's Text SE v1.0 → http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/3463-mss-text-se/ (The exact script I'm using is the custom add-on posted by Bird Eater.)

*Link to Yanfly's Victory Aftermath v1.03 → http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/victory-aftermath/

The Problem:

To change "voices" with Moby's script, I must set Variable 5 between 1-7 before each message. However, during the Actor's text in Yanfly's Victory Aftermath, there is no way to change their "voices" before their text!

I've spent the better part of two hours tinkering (with my shamefully limited programming knowledge) to have Yanfly's script "recognize" the actor it's pulling quotes from and auto-assign the proper value in Variable 5...to no success. 

Out of desperation, I then spent more time trying to add various notes in the Actor's note sections attached to the after-battle quotes that are referenced by Yanfly's script. I was hoping that I could somehow assign the correct Variable 5 value before each message like I do in a normal text event. I failed here as well.

My Questions:

- IS there a way to set Variable values before the Actor's after-battle quotes in the Actor's note section? (My gut's telling me no...)

- Does anyone have the skillset AND willingness to make an adjustment to Yanfly's script so I COULD assign the correct Variable 5 value for the after-battle dialogue...somehow?

- Does anyone have an ingenious third, fourth or fifth solution?

I am sorry to ask, but I have hit a brick wall, and might have to scrap the idea of having multiple "voices"...which makes me all sorts of the sad. :(  

~ RetroSoldier

EDIT: Totally meant Moby, not Mog. Just been looking at a lot of Mog scripts lately, so I got confused. Oops! 

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  2. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm not sure at the moment how to solve your problem (and am currently on a deadline, so I won't have the time for over a week), but the text SE is not by Mog (Short for Moghunter). The post and script clearly say moby, not mog. Make sure you fix that in your credits!

RetroSoldier likes this.
  3. RetroSoldier

First Language:
    English
    ARGH! I totally blew it! It even says Moby in my script page! Edited my post to reflect the true creator. (If an admin could change the title and tag to reflect that, I'd be full of grates!)

Thanks for the correction, and double thanks for the interest in the problem. I'll be trying to fix it here and there as well, and if I come up with a solution (see: a snowball's chance in HELL) I'll be sure to post it here. Until then, I have plenty of other things that I could work on in the game, so no rush! :)

4. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You can change the title by pressing the edit button on the original post, and going to the full editor.

5. RetroSoldier

First Language:
    English
    Ah, there we go. Thanks again!

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't have time to write or test something for you, but at a quick glance the key should be in the method self.set_victory_text.

There you get te actor giving the message at the bottom and how Yanfly uses the actor data to set the face, name and text.

At the beginning of that method you need a case-structure to identify the actor and then set any game variables to the numbers you want depending on the actor.

RetroSoldier likes this.
  7. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to script support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

8. RetroSoldier

First Language:
    English
    I see that now. I'll have to think about this, but I think I now have a snowball's chance in Florida. ;)

Of course, I'm still hoping that someone else that's more knowledgeable with scripting will tackle this eventually. I'm just not sure I want to invest even more large pools of time to this one feature, instead of working on others. Then again, I love me some clicky-clack language...

(And sorry about the wrong forum thing, I was unsure where to put it. I'll be much more careful in the future.)

EDIT: Well, I got variable 5 to somehow turn itself off during after-battle dialogue, but I can't seem to change the value of the variable itself. So I know I'm affecting variable 5, just not in the way I want to. I guess I'll reverse engineer these scripts some more later.

9. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Here, it's completely untested, but if Yanfly's selected Actor's id is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7, it will set variable 5 to the id. May entirely break everything, may not, who knows?

module BattleManager if $imported["YEA-VictoryAftermath"] == true class << self alias zale_YEA_victory_text_fy68ej9012 set_victor_text end def self.set_victory_test(actor, type) case actor.id when 1..7 $game_variables[5] = actor.id end zale_YEA_victory_text_fy68ej9012(actor, type) end endendJust put this in a new script below Yanfly's scripts.

10. RetroSoldier

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for giving it a shot! A few notes...

- The game wouldn't boot initially because it didn't recognize "set_victor_text". After changing it to "set_victory_text" it would boot.

- I would get to the aftermath screen, but the previously activated "voice" (voice 6) didn't change to voice 1 as it should have, it stayed the same.

- I tried playing around with your script (changing player ids, some phrasings of things) and couldn't get any change to variable 5. 

While I would welcome any form of variable 5 editing for the after-battle quotes, I think I should explain my idea a bit more.

I saw that you were trying to get actors 1-7 to have "voices" 1-7. That could work, but I was aiming for something a little different with this game.

I have the 7 "voices" set up as different archetypes (system voice, average male voice, deep female voice, demonic voice, etc.) and was hoping to somehow "tie" an archetype to a specific actor for this aftermath screen.

Example: Actor 1,3,4 would have "voice" 2 and Actor 2 would have "voice" 3.

That's why I was playing around with the notes feature in the actor page. Trying to get the script to read an integer I would put in the notes section right after <win quotes>, <level quotes> and <drop quotes>. Seeing how Yanfly's script chooses quotes randomly from these three sections, I thought it best to somehow have it check the desired "voice" for the random quote before it pulled up the actual quote. I hope that makes sense. 

That's enough tinkering with scripts for me today. I have learned A LOT in these past 24 hours. Need to give my brain a rest, haha. (I know I probably should be working on other things for the RPG, but I keep coming back to this for some reason!) 

11. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ehh, I wrote it really quickly. I've made an enormous amount of typos today.

After the battle, have you tried checking if variable 5 changed later, maybe after the voice script checked it?

Would they always have the same voice, no matter what occasion? If so I could add that really quickly...

class Game_Actor < Game_Character attr_accessor :voice alias zale_actor_init_587vgnmdi3 initialize def initialize(id) case id when 1..3 @voice = 2 when 4 @voice = 6 when 5...8 @voice = 1 else @voice = 7 end zale_actor_init_587vgnmdi3(id) endendHere, try there. With that, each actor should have an accessor for voice, so you can use $game_party.leader.voice (the voice id for the party leader), or something like that. Again, untested, may or may not cause yourself a terrible fate. To set up each actor, I just made a case statement. 1..3 means 1, 2, and 3, 4 means 4, 5...8 means 5, 6, and 7. If you didn't catch on, a range (numbers with dots in the middle) with 2 dots is inclusive, it'll go from the lower up to and including the higher. ranges with three dots will go from the lower until the higher, but not including. Set your actors up however you want.

Putting it in the notetag would require you to rewrite part of Yanfly's script, though it may work.

RetroSoldier likes this.
  12. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I remember another discussion where the ID-part of actor.id didn't work (that was in damage formulas if I remember correctly) - it seems that in some areas of the game scripts or under some conditions, that variable is not accessible or not set.

Do your actors have fixed names? if yes, then try the code with case actor.name and when "name", perhaps that will work.

and just FYI:

Noteboxes are NOT programming areas, they are used by some scripters as a convenient data transfer area. If the scripter doesn't check for a specific entry, then that entry gets ignored. Which means that you cannot add anything there that is not checked by a script, and that's why you need to change the scripts before any input placed there can have an effect on the game.

13. RetroSoldier

First Language:
    English
    Yes, sir. Sadly, no change to variable 5, whatsoever...vanilla script or when I was tweaking it.

Yes. I'll give you the lo-down of the actors and their appropriate voice values.

001:Eric | 2

002:Ryoma | 3

003:Ernest | 2

004:Terence | 2

005:Isabelle | 4

006:Alice | 4

007:Noah | 3

Unfortunately, I don't know what that means. Rather, I don't know where in the script, or which script, I could specify the actor.

This is currently what I have...

And the game won't boot due to there being a "superclass mismatch for class Game_Actor". Sounds like it's having trouble associating this particular Game_Actor class with what you want it to be doing in the script...? I mean, if it's "mismatching" doesn't that mean it already exists and I have to use a different class name?

So, then I tried Andar's suggestion of replacing the class with "actor.name" and specifying the names. My script then looked like this...

But the game still wouldn't boot. Instead, I just got a new error message. 

The more I think about it, the more I think this is the way to go. I don't speak the language (Ruby), but the logic behind the process seems sound. 

Andar does confirm what I suspected, that you can't use the noteboxes as a programming area proper. This is primarily why when I tinker, it's with Yanfly's script, so it can check for a specific entry. (In this case the appropriate value of variable 5).  

From what I can gather, I think the relevant lines of Yanfly's Victory Aftermath script are going to be these:

Lines 210-225 seem to be establishing *how* to read what's in the notebox section. (I don't think it's specifying the Actor's notebox here though...)

Lines 270-294 seem to be the script checking the appropriate place to find said noteboxes.

And lines 300-359 look like it's setting up the different quotes as variables to randomize them, then showing what to display (the text between parenthesis in the notebox).

Maybe it's possible to tell the script to check the notebox section for a new number under a new section (ex: <voice></voice>), but instead of just displaying it as text, it makes variable 5 that value...?

As a side note, I left a comment on Yanfly's Victory Aftermath wordpress in hopes that he'll take notice. Probably not...but, hey, you never know. ;)  

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/victory-aftermath/#comment-14122

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
  14. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's because I didn't ask you to replace the class name, but ONLY the id in the line case id with case actor.name, and later the when statements with a check for strings instead of numbers.

please change it back to class Game_Actor, and also add the string symbols into the when lines.

It has to be when 'Eric' instead of when Eric

15. RetroSoldier

First Language:
    English
    My bad, I read "case" as "class" for whatever reason. 

And I really don't know what the string symbol is, and barring that, I wouldn't even know where to add it it in the when lines. I'm sorry if my knowledge is lacking in this area, but I am new to scripting.

So, the best I could do was this...

Which, got rid of the errors and the game would run. However, it still didn't affect any change with the voices. 

- Does 'voice' need to be 'game_variables[5]' or something? It seems weird that the script would know what 'voice' means.
    - Should 'id' by def initialize also be changed to 'name', because I changed the case to 'actor.name'?

EDIT:
    Nearly forgot! How could I change this script to reflect that I want the 'else' to be 'leave the value alone' as opposed to forcing it to 7? I feel like that could be a problem for anything else that isn't an Actor (signs, messages, NPCs, etc.).

16. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1) You can try changing @voice to $game_variables[5] - that is one part where I can't say how the scripts work, so you better use the variable for transfer.

Creating a new variable wouldn't cause an error - this is not a compiler (which could check wether a variable is unused or not) but an interpreter (which simply works its way along code without checking for integrity).

2) I'm not sure because that depends on the context of those scripts.

When checking for the syntax I saw that the snippets above are mixing different approaches, and my solution was intended for the sequence before set_victory_text, but some of the other options above create a new value for the actor data.

That are two entirely different approaches, and it might be that we've mixed up the solutions...

Can you please post the entire current version of the script (spoiler and code tags please), so that we can check the current status wether it's mixed up or not?

Sorry - there might have been one misunderstanding too many above (like case/class), and we better check for that before mixing everything up even more.

17. RetroSoldier

First Language:
    English
    Okay, this is what I have currently.

Keep in mind, the game does function under these settings, but no variable is changed.

EDIT: I have to make multiple posts, as I can't fit all three scripts in one, sorry.

Zalerinian Custom Script

class Game_actor < Game_Character attr_accessor :game_variables[5]

alias zale_actor_init_587vgnmdi3 initialize

def initialize(name)

case actor.name

when 'Eric'

@game_variables = 2

when 'Ryoma'

@game_variables = 3

when 'Ernest'

@game_variables = 2

when 'Terence'

@game_variables = 2

when 'Isabelle'

@game_variables = 4

when 'Alice'

@game_variables = 4

when 'Noah'

@game_variables = 3

else

@game_variables = 7

end

zale_actor_init_587vgnmdi3(name)

end

end

Moby's Script:

################################################################################# Made by mobychan, slightly edited by Bird Eater.

# Give mobychan the cookies.

# http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/3463-mss-text-se/

#

#

# INSTRUCTIONS:

# Place above 'Main' in the scripts section but below 'Materials'.

# Change things in module TSE to your liking to vary the sound, pitch and volume

# of the SE played. These correspond with the value VARIABLE 5 has. Make sure

# variable 5 has a value between 1 and 7. HAVE FUN.

#

# So if variable 5 is equal to 5,

# SE5 will be played

# Pitch5 will be used

# With a volume of Volume5

################################################################################

module TSE

# The name of the file that will be played, must be placed in Audio/SE

# CHANGE THESE TO ALTHER THE SOUND PLAYED DURING THE MESSAGE

SE1 = "Cursor1"

SE2 = "Cursor2"

SE3 = "Cursor2"

SE4 = "Cursor2"

SE5 = "Cursor2"

SE6 = "Item3"

SE7 = "Stare"

# The pitch range of the file being played, change them however you like

# [start_pitch, end_pitch]

# start and end pitch can be the same to have a static pitch

# CHANGE THESE TO ALTER THE DIFFERENT PITCHES!

Pitch1 = [140, 140]

Pitch2 = [90, 97]

Pitch3 = [70, 77]

Pitch4 = [141, 149]

Pitch5 = [105, 112]

Pitch6 = [60, 60]

Pitch7 = [55, 61]

# The volume of the file being played

Volume1 = 80

Volume2 = 80

Volume3 = 80

Volume4 = 80

Volume5 = 80

Volume6 = 65

Volume7 = 95

# The interval at which the sound is being played, every x characters

Interval = 5

end

#==============================================================================

# ** Sound

module Sound

# System Sound Effect

def self.play_text_se

#puts $game_variables[5]

if $game_variables[5] == 1

file = "Audio/SE/" + TSE::SE1

pitch = rand(TSE::pitch1[1] - TSE::pitch1[0]) + TSE::pitch1[0]

Audio.se_play(file, TSE::Volume1, pitch)

elsif $game_variables[5] == 2

file = "Audio/SE/" + TSE::SE2

pitch = rand(TSE::pitch2[1] - TSE::pitch2[0]) + TSE::pitch2[0]

Audio.se_play(file, TSE::Volume2, pitch)

elsif $game_variables[5] == 3

file = "Audio/SE/" + TSE::SE3

pitch = rand(TSE::pitch3[1] - TSE::pitch3[0]) + TSE::pitch3[0]

Audio.se_play(file, TSE::Volume3, pitch)

elsif $game_variables[5] == 4

file = "Audio/SE/" + TSE::SE4

pitch = rand(TSE::pitch4[1] - TSE::pitch4[0]) + TSE::pitch4[0]

Audio.se_play(file, TSE::Volume4, pitch)

elsif $game_variables[5] == 5

file = "Audio/SE/" + TSE::SE5

pitch = rand(TSE::pitch5[1] - TSE::pitch5[0]) + TSE::pitch5[0]

Audio.se_play(file, TSE::Volume5, pitch)

elsif $game_variables[5] == 6

file = "Audio/SE/" + TSE::SE6

pitch = rand(TSE::pitch6[1] - TSE::pitch6[0]) + TSE::pitch6[0]

Audio.se_play(file, TSE::Volume6, pitch)

elsif $game_variables[5] == 7

file = "Audio/SE/" + TSE::SE7

pitch = rand(TSE::pitch7[1] - TSE::pitch7[0]) + TSE::pitch7[0]

Audio.se_play(file, TSE::Volume7, pitch)

else

#puts "Your variable number 9 isn't 1-7, change it!"

end

end

end

# ** Window_Message

class Window_Message < Window_Base

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# * Object Initialization

alias tse_init initialize unless $@

def initialize

tse_init

@character = 0

end

# * Normal Character Processing

alias tse_process_normal_character process_normal_character unless $@

def process_normal_character(c, pos)

tse_process_normal_character(c, pos)

Sound.play_text_se if @character % TSE::Interval == 0 && !@line_show_fast

#p @character if @character % TSE::Interval == 0 && !@line_show_fast

@character += 1

end

alias tse_process_new_page process_new_page unless $@

# * New Page Character Processing

def process_new_page(text, pos)

tse_process_new_page(text, pos)

@character = 0

end

end

18. RetroSoldier

First Language:
    English
    Yanfly's Script

# ▼ Yanfly Engine Ace - Victory Aftermath v1.03

# -- Last Updated: 2012.01.07

# -- Level: Easy, Normal, Hard

# -- Requires: n/a

$imported = {} if $imported.nil?

$imported["YEA-VictoryAftermath"] = true

# ▼ Updates

# =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

# 2012.01.07 - Compatibility Update: JP Manager

# 2012.01.01 - Bug Fixed: Quote tags were mislabeled.

# 2011.12.26 - Compatibility Update: Command Autobattle

# 2011.12.16 - Started Script and Finished.

# ▼ Introduction

# At the end of each battle, RPG Maker VX Ace by default shows text saying that

# the party has gained so-and-so EXP while this person leveled up and your

# party happened to find these drops. This script changes that text into

# something more visual for your players to see. Active battle members will be

# seen gaining EXP, any kind of level up changes, and a list of the items

# obtained through drops.

# ▼ Instructions

# To install this script, open up your script editor and copy/paste this script

# to an open slot below ▼ Materials/素材 but above ▼ Main. Remember to save.

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Actor Notetags - These notetags go in the actors notebox in the database.

# <win quotes>

#  string

#  string

# </win quotes>

# Sets the win quote for the actor. The strings are continuous and can use

# text codes. Use \n for a line break. Type in what you want the actor to say

# for the particular win quote. Use [New Quote] in between the two tags to

# start up a new quote.

# <level quotes>

#  string

#  string

# </level quotes>

# Sets the level up quote for the actor. The strings are continuous and can use

# start up a new quote.

# <drops quotes>

#  string

#  string

# </drops quotes>

# Sets the drops quote for the actor. The strings are continuous and can use

# start up a new quote.

# Class Notetags - These notetags go in the class notebox in the database.

# <win quotes>

#  string

#  string

# </win quotes>

# Sets the win quote for the class. The strings are continuous and can use

# start up a new quote.

# <level quotes>

#  string

#  string

# </level quotes>

# Sets the level up quote for the class. The strings are continuous and can use

# start up a new quote.

# <drops quotes>

#  string

#  string

# </drops quotes>

# Sets the drops quote for the class. The strings are continuous and can use

# start up a new quote.

# ▼ Compatibility

# This script is made strictly for RPG Maker VX Ace. It is highly unlikely that

# it will run with RPG Maker VX without adjusting.

module YEA

module VICTORY_AFTERMATH

#=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

# - General Settings -

# These are various settings that are used throughout the Victory Aftermath

# portion of a battle. Adjust them as you see fit.

VICTORY_BGM  = RPG::BGM.new("Field1", 100, 110)    # Victory BGM

VICTORY_TICK = RPG::SE.new("Decision1", 80, 150)  # EXP ticking SFX

LEVEL_SOUND  = RPG::SE.new("Up4", 75, 150)         # Level Up SFX

SKILLS_TEXT  = "New Skills"                        # New skills text title.

# - Important Settings -

# These are some important settings so please set them up properly. This

# section includes a switch that allows you to skip the victory aftermath

# phase (for those back to back battles and making them seamless) and it

# also allows you to declare a common event to run after each battle. If

# you do not wish to use either of these features, set them to 0. The

# common event will run regardless of win or escape.

SKIP_AFTERMATH_SWITCH  = 0  # If switch on, skip aftermath. 0 to disable.

SKIP_MUSIC_SWITCH      = 0  # If switch on, skip music. 0 to disable.

AFTERMATH_COMMON_EVENT = 0  # Runs common event after battle. 0 to disable.

# - Top Text Settings -

# Here, you can adjust the various text that appears in the window that

# appears at the top of the screen.

TOP_TEAM         = "%s's team"           # Team name used.

TOP_VICTORY_TEXT = "%s is victorious!"   # Text used to display victory.

TOP_LEVEL_UP     = "%s has leveled up!"  # Text used to display level up.

TOP_SPOILS       = "Finds!"     # Text used for spoils.

# - EXP Gauge Settings -

# Adjust how the EXP Gauge appears for the Victory Aftermath here. This

# includes the text display, the font size, the colour of the gauges, and

# more. Adjust it all here.

VICTORY_EXP  = "+%sEXP"      # Text used to display EXP.

EXP_PERCENT  = "%1.2f%%"     # The way EXP percentage will be displayed.

LEVELUP_TEXT = "Level Up!"   # Text to replace percentage when leveled.

MAX_LVL_TEXT = "Level MAX!"   # Text to replace percentage when max level.

FONTSIZE_EXP = 20            # Font size used for EXP.

EXP_TICKS    = 15            # Ticks to full EXP

EXP_GAUGE1   = 12            # "Window" skin text colour for gauge.

EXP_GAUGE2   = 4             # "Window" skin text colour for gauge.

LEVEL_GAUGE1 = 13            # "Window" skin text colour for leveling.

LEVEL_GAUGE2 = 5             # "Window" skin text colour for leveling.

# - Victory Messages -

# In the Victory Aftermath, actors can say unique things. This is the pool

# of quotes used for actors without any custom victory quotes. Note that

# actors with custom quotes will take priority over classes with custom

# quotes, which will take priority over these default quotes. Use \n for

# a line break in the quotes.

HEADER_TEXT = "\e>\eC[6]%s\eC[0]\e<\n"  # Always at start of messages.

FOOTER_TEXT = ""                        # Always at end of messages.

# Win Quotes are what the actors say when a battle is won.

VICTORY_QUOTES ={

# :type   => Quotes

#------------------------------------------------------------------------

:win    => [ # Occurs as initial victory quote.

'"We won! What an exciting fight!"',

'"I didn\'t even break a sweat."',

'"That wasn\'t so tough."',

'"Let\'s fight something harder!"',

],# Do not remove this.

:level  => [ # Occurs as initial victory quote.

'"Yes! Level up!"',

'"I\'ve gotten stronger!"',

'"Try to keep up with me!"',

'"I\'ve grown again!"',

],# Do not remove this.

:drops  => [ # Occurs as initial victory quote.

'"I\'ll be taking these."',

'"To the victor goes the spoils."',

'"The enemies dropped something!"',

'"Hey, what\'s this?"',

],# Do not remove this.

} # Do not remove this.

end # VICTORY_AFTERMATH

end # YEA

# ▼ Editting anything past this point may potentially result in causing

# computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death, and/or

# halitosis so edit at your own risk.

module YEA

module REGEXP

module BASEITEM

NEW_QUOTE = /\[(?:NEW_QUOTE|new quote)\]/i

WIN_QUOTE_ON    = /<(?:WIN_QUOTES|win quote|win quotes)>/i

WIN_QUOTE_OFF   = /<\/(?:WIN_QUOTES|win quote|win quotes)>/i

LEVEL_QUOTE_ON  = /<(?:LEVEL_QUOTES|level quote|level quotes)>/i

LEVEL_QUOTE_OFF = /<\/(?:LEVEL_QUOTES|level quote|level quotes)>/i

DROPS_QUOTE_ON  = /<(?:DROPS_QUOTES|drops quote|drops quotes)>/i

DROPS_QUOTE_OFF = /<\/(?:DROPS_QUOTES|drops quote|drops quotes)>/i

end # BASEITEM

end # REGEXP

end # YEA

# ■ Switch

module Switch

# self.skip_aftermath

def self.skip_aftermath

return false if YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::SKIP_AFTERMATH_SWITCH <= 0

return $game_switches[YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::SKIP_AFTERMATH_SWITCH]

end

# self.skip_aftermath_music

def self.skip_aftermath_music

return false if YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::SKIP_MUSIC_SWITCH <=0

return $game_switches[YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::SKIP_MUSIC_SWITCH]

end

end # Switch

# ■ Numeric

class Numeric

# new method: group_digits

unless $imported["YEA-CoreEngine"]

def group; return self.to_s; end

end # $imported["YEA-CoreEngine"]

end # Numeric

# ■ DataManager

module DataManager

# alias method: load_database

class <<self; alias load_database_va load_database; end

def self.load_database

load_database_va

load_notetags_va

end

# new method: load_notetags_va

def self.load_notetags_va

groups = [$data_actors, $data_classes]

for group in groups

for obj in group

next if obj.nil?

obj.load_notetags_va

end

end

end

end # DataManager

# ■ RPG::BaseItem

class RPG::BaseItem

# public instance variables

attr_accessor :win_quotes

attr_accessor :level_quotes

attr_accessor :drops_quotes

# common cache: load_notetags_va

def load_notetags_va

@win_quotes = [""]

@level_quotes = [""]

@drops_quotes = [""]

@victory_quote_type = nil

#---

self.note.split(/[\r\n]+/).each { |line|

case line

#---

when YEA::REGEXP::BASEITEM::WIN_QUOTE_ON

@victory_quote_type = :win_quote

when YEA::REGEXP::BASEITEM::WIN_QUOTE_OFF

when YEA::REGEXP::BASEITEM::LEVEL_QUOTE_ON

@victory_quote_type = :level_quote

when YEA::REGEXP::BASEITEM::LEVEL_QUOTE_OFF

when YEA::REGEXP::BASEITEM::DROPS_QUOTE_ON

@victory_quote_type = :drops_quote

when YEA::REGEXP::BASEITEM::DROPS_QUOTE_OFF

#---

when YEA::REGEXP::BASEITEM::NEW_QUOTE

case @victory_quote_type

when nil; next

when :win_quote;   @win_quotes.push("")

when :level_quote; @level_quotes.push("")

when :drops_quote; @drops_quotes.push("")

end

#---

else

case @victory_quote_type

when nil; next

when :win_quote;   @win_quotes[@win_quotes.size-1] += line.to_s.gsub(/\\[Nn]/, "\n")

when :level_quote; @level_quotes[@level_quotes.size-1] += line.to_s.gsub(/\\[Nn]/, "\n")

when :drops_quote; @drops_quotes[@drops_quotes.size-1] += line.to_s.gsub(/\\[Nn]/, "\n")

end

end

} # self.note.split

#---

return unless self.is_a?(RPG::Class)

quotes = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::VICTORY_QUOTES

@win_quotes = quotes[:win].clone if @win_quotes == [""]

@level_quotes = quotes[:level].clone if @level_quotes == [""]

@drops_quotes = quotes[:drops].clone if @drops_quotes == [""]

end

end # RPG::BaseItem

# ■ BattleManager

module BattleManager

# overwrite method: self.process_victory

def self.process_victory

if $imported["YEA-CommandAutobattle"]

SceneManager.scene.close_disable_autobattle_window

end

return skip_aftermath if Switch.skip_aftermath

play_battle_end_me

gain_jp if $imported["YEA-JPManager"]

display_exp

gain_exp

gain_gold

gain_drop_items

close_windows

SceneManager.return

replay_bgm_and_bgs

battle_end(0)

return true

end

# new method: self.skip_aftermath

def self.skip_aftermath

$game_party.all_members.each do |actor|

actor.gain_exp($game_troop.exp_total)

end

$game_party.gain_gold($game_troop.gold_total)

$game_troop.make_drop_items.each do |item|

$game_party.gain_item(item, 1)

end

close_windows

SceneManager.return

replay_bgm_and_bgs

battle_end(0)

end

# overwrite method: self.play_battle_end_me

def self.play_battle_end_me

return if Switch.skip_aftermath_music

$game_system.battle_end_me.play

YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::VICTORY_BGM.play

end

# new method: self.set_victory_text

def self.set_victory_text(actor, type)

text = "" + sprintf(YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::HEADER_TEXT, actor.name)

text += actor.victory_quotes(type)[rand(actor.victory_quotes(type).size)]

text += YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::FOOTER_TEXT

$game_message.face_name = actor.face_name

$game_message.face_index = actor.face_index

$game_message.add(text)

wait_for_message

end

# overwrite method: self.display_exp

def self.display_exp

SceneManager.scene.show_victory_display_exp

actor = $game_party.random_target

@victory_actor = actor

set_victory_text(@victory_actor, :win)

end

# overwrite method: self.gain_exp

def self.gain_exp

$game_party.all_members.each do |actor|

temp_actor = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump(actor))

actor.gain_exp($game_troop.exp_total)

next if actor.level == temp_actor.level

SceneManager.scene.show_victory_level_up(actor, temp_actor)

set_victory_text(actor, :level)

wait_for_message

end

end

# overwrite method: self.gain_gold

def self.gain_gold

$game_party.gain_gold($game_troop.gold_total)

end

# overwrite method: self.gain_drop_items

def self.gain_drop_items

drops = []

$game_troop.make_drop_items.each do |item|

$game_party.gain_item(item, 1)

drops.push(item)

end

SceneManager.scene.show_victory_spoils($game_troop.gold_total, drops)

set_victory_text(@victory_actor, :drops)

wait_for_message

end

# new method: self.close_windows

def self.close_windows

SceneManager.scene.close_victory_windows

end

# alias method: load_database

class <<self; alias battle_end_va battle_end; end

def self.battle_end(result)

battle_end_va(result)

return if result == 2

return if YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::AFTERMATH_COMMON_EVENT <= 0

event_id = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::AFTERMATH_COMMON_EVENT

$game_temp.reserve_common_event(event_id)

end

end # BattleManager

# ■ Game_Actor

class Game_Actor < Game_Battler

# overwrite method: gain_exp

def gain_exp(exp)

enabled = !SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Battle)

change_exp(self.exp + (exp * final_exp_rate).to_i, enabled)

end

# new method: victory_quotes

def victory_quotes(type)

case type

when :win

return self.actor.win_quotes if self.actor.win_quotes != [""]

return self.class.win_quotes

when :level

return self.actor.level_quotes if self.actor.level_quotes != [""]

return self.class.level_quotes

when :drops

return self.actor.drops_quotes if self.actor.drops_quotes != [""]

return self.class.drops_quotes

else

return ["NOTEXT"]

end

end

end # Game_Actor

# ■ Window_VictoryTitle

class Window_VictoryTitle < Window_Base

# initialize

def initialize

super(0, 0, Graphics.width, fitting_height(1))

self.z = 200

self.openness = 0

end

# refresh

def refresh(message = "")

contents.clear

draw_text(0, 0, contents.width, line_height, message, 1)

end

end # Window_VictoryTitle

# ■ Window_VictoryEXP_Back

class Window_VictoryEXP_Back < Window_Selectable

# initialize

def initialize

super(0, fitting_height(1), Graphics.width, window_height)

self.z = 200

self.openness = 0

end

# window_height

def window_height

return Graphics.height - fitting_height(4) - fitting_height(1)

end

# col_max

def col_max; return item_max; end

# spacing

def spacing; return 8; end

# item_max

def item_max; return $game_party.battle_members.size; end

# open

def open

@exp_total = $game_troop.exp_total

super

end

# item_rect

def item_rect(index)

rect = Rect.new

rect.width = item_width

rect.height = contents.height

rect.x = index % col_max * (item_width + spacing)

rect.y = index / col_max * item_height

return rect

end

# draw_item

def draw_item(index)

actor = $game_party.battle_members[index]

return if actor.nil?

rect = item_rect(index)

reset_font_settings

draw_actor_name(actor, rect)

draw_exp_gain(actor, rect)

draw_jp_gain(actor, rect)

draw_actor_face(actor, rect)

end

# draw_actor_name

def draw_actor_name(actor, rect)

name = actor.name

draw_text(rect.x, rect.y+line_height, rect.width, line_height, name, 1)

end

# draw_actor_face

def draw_actor_face(actor, rect)

face_name = actor.face_name

face_index = actor.face_index

bitmap = Cache.face(face_name)

rw = [rect.width, 96].min

face_rect = Rect.new(face_index % 4 * 96, face_index / 4 * 96, rw, 96)

rx = (rect.width - rw) / 2 + rect.x

contents.blt(rx, rect.y + line_height * 2, bitmap, face_rect, 255)

end

# draw_exp_gain

def draw_exp_gain(actor, rect)

dw = rect.width - (rect.width - [rect.width, 96].min) / 2

dy = rect.y + line_height * 3 + 96

fmt = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::VICTORY_EXP

text = sprintf(fmt, actor_exp_gain(actor).group)

contents.font.size = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::FONTSIZE_EXP

change_color(power_up_color)

draw_text(rect.x, dy, dw, line_height, text, 2)

end

# actor_exp_gain

def actor_exp_gain(actor)

n = @exp_total * actor.final_exp_rate

return n.to_i

end

# draw_jp_gain

def draw_jp_gain(actor, rect)

return unless $imported["YEA-JPManager"]

dw = rect.width - (rect.width - [rect.width, 96].min) / 2

dy = rect.y + line_height * 4 + 96

fmt = YEA::JP::VICTORY_AFTERMATH

text = sprintf(fmt, actor_jp_gain(actor).group, Vocab::jp)

draw_text(rect.x, dy, dw, line_height, text, 2)

end

# actor_jp_gain

def actor_jp_gain(actor)

n = actor.battle_jp_earned

if actor.exp + actor_exp_gain(actor) > actor.exp_for_level(actor.level + 1)

n += YEA::JP::LEVEL_UP unless actor.max_level?

end

return n

end

end # Window_VictoryEXP_Back

# ■ Window_VictoryEXP_Front

class Window_VictoryEXP_Front < Window_VictoryEXP_Back

# initialize

def initialize

super

self.back_opacity = 0

@ticks = 0

@counter = 30

end

# update

def update

super

update_tick

end

# update_tick

def update_tick

return unless self.openness >= 255

return unless self.visible

return if complete_ticks?

@counter -= 1

return unless @counter <= 0

return if @ticks >= YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::EXP_TICKS

YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::VICTORY_TICK.play

@counter = 4

@ticks += 1

refresh

end

# complete_ticks?

def complete_ticks?

for actor in $game_party.battle_members

total_ticks = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::EXP_TICKS

bonus_exp = actor_exp_gain(actor) * @ticks / total_ticks

now_exp = actor.exp - actor.current_level_exp + bonus_exp

next_exp = actor.next_level_exp - actor.current_level_exp

rate = now_exp * 1.0 / next_exp

return false if rate < 1.0

end

return true

end

# draw_item

def draw_item(index)

actor = $game_party.battle_members[index]

return if actor.nil?

rect = item_rect(index)

draw_actor_exp(actor, rect)

end

# exp_gauge1

def exp_gauge1; return text_color(YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::EXP_GAUGE1); end

# exp_gauge2

def exp_gauge2; return text_color(YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::EXP_GAUGE2); end

# lvl_gauge1

def lvl_gauge1; return text_color(YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::LEVEL_GAUGE1); end

# lvl_gauge2

def lvl_gauge2; return text_color(YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::LEVEL_GAUGE2); end

# draw_actor_exp

def draw_actor_exp(actor, rect)

if actor.max_level?

draw_exp_gauge(actor, rect, 1.0)

return

end

total_ticks = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::EXP_TICKS

bonus_exp = actor_exp_gain(actor) * @ticks / total_ticks

now_exp = actor.exp - actor.current_level_exp + bonus_exp

next_exp = actor.next_level_exp - actor.current_level_exp

rate = now_exp * 1.0 / next_exp

draw_exp_gauge(actor, rect, rate)

end

# draw_exp_gauge

def draw_exp_gauge(actor, rect, rate)

rate = [[rate, 1.0].min, 0.0].max

dx = (rect.width - [rect.width, 96].min) / 2 + rect.x

dy = rect.y + line_height * 2 + 96

dw = [rect.width, 96].min

colour1 = rate >= 1.0 ? lvl_gauge1 : exp_gauge1

colour2 = rate >= 1.0 ? lvl_gauge2 : exp_gauge2

draw_gauge(dx, dy, dw, rate, colour1, colour2)

fmt = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::EXP_PERCENT

text = sprintf(fmt, [rate * 100, 100.00].min)

if [rate * 100, 100.00].min == 100.00

text = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::LEVELUP_TEXT

text = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::MAX_LVL_TEXT if actor.max_level?

end

draw_text(dx, dy, dw, line_height, text, 1)

end

end # Window_VictoryEXP_Front

# ■ Window_VictoryLevelUp

class Window_VictoryLevelUp < Window_Base

# initialize

def initialize

self.z = 200

hide

end

# window_height

def window_height

end

# refresh

def refresh(actor, temp_actor)

contents.clear

reset_font_settings

YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::LEVEL_SOUND.play

draw_actor_changes(actor, temp_actor)

end

# draw_actor_changes

def draw_actor_changes(actor, temp_actor)

dx = contents.width / 16

draw_actor_image(actor, temp_actor, dx)

draw_param_names(actor, dx)

draw_former_stats(temp_actor)

draw_arrows

draw_newer_stats(actor, temp_actor)

draw_new_skills(actor, temp_actor)

end

# draw_actor_image

def draw_actor_image(actor, temp_actor, dx)

draw_text(dx, line_height, 96, line_height, actor.name, 1)

draw_actor_face(actor, dx, line_height * 2)

exp = actor.exp - temp_actor.exp

text = sprintf(YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::VICTORY_EXP, exp.group)

draw_text(0, line_height * 2 + 96, dx + 96, line_height, text, 2)

reset_font_settings

end

# draw_param_names

def draw_param_names(actor, dx)

dx += 108

change_color(system_color)

text = Vocab.level

draw_text(dx, 0, contents.width - dx, line_height, text)

dy = 0

for i in 0...8

dy += line_height

text = Vocab.param(i)

draw_text(dx, dy, contents.width - dx, line_height, text)

end

end

# draw_former_stats

def draw_former_stats(actor)

dw = contents.width / 2 - 12

dy = 0

change_color(normal_color)

draw_text(0, dy, dw, line_height, actor.level.group, 2)

for i in 0...8

dy += line_height

draw_text(0, dy, dw, line_height, actor.param(i).group, 2)

end

end

# draw_arrows

def draw_arrows

dx = contents.width / 2 - 12

dy = 0

for i in 0..8

draw_text(dx, dy, 24, line_height, "→", 1)

dy += line_height

end

end

# draw_newer_stats

def draw_newer_stats(actor, temp_actor)

dx = contents.width / 2 + 12

dw = contents.width - dx

dy = 0

change_color(param_change_color(actor.level - temp_actor.level))

draw_text(dx, dy, dw, line_height, actor.level.group, 0)

for i in 0...8

dy += line_height

change_color(param_change_color(actor.param(i) - temp_actor.param(i)))

draw_text(dx, dy, dw, line_height, actor.param(i).group, 0)

end

end

# draw_new_skills

def draw_new_skills(actor, temp_actor)

return if temp_actor.skills.size == actor.skills.size

dw = 172 + 24

dx = contents.width - dw

text = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::SKILLS_TEXT

draw_text(dx, 0, dw, line_height, text, 0)

end

end # Window_VictoryLevelUp

# ■ Window_VictorySkills

class Window_VictorySkills < Window_Selectable

# initialize

def initialize

dy = fitting_height(1) + 24

dw = 172 + 24 + 24

dh = Graphics.height - fitting_height(4) - fitting_height(1) - 24

super(Graphics.width - dw, dy, dw, dh)

self.opacity = 0

self.z = 200

hide

end

# item_max

def item_max; return @data.nil? ? 0 : @data.size; end

# refresh

def refresh(actor, temp_actor)

contents.clear

if actor.skills.size == temp_actor.skills.size

unselect

@data = []

create_contents

return

end

@data = actor.skills - temp_actor.skills

if @data.size > 8

select(0)

activate

else

unselect

deactivate

end

create_contents

draw_all_items

end

# refresh

def draw_item(index)

rect = item_rect(index)

skill = @data[index]

return if skill.nil?

rect.width -= 4

draw_item_name(skill, rect.x, rect.y, true)

end

end # Window_VictorySkills

# ■ Window_VictorySpoils

class Window_VictorySpoils < Window_ItemList

# initialize

def initialize

self.z = 200

hide

end

# window_height

def window_height

end

# spacing

def spacing; return 32; end

# make

def make(gold, drops)

@gold = gold

@drops = drops

refresh

select(0)

activate

end

# make_item_list

def make_item_list

@data = [nil]

items = {}

weapons = {}

armours = {}

@goods = {}

for item in @drops

case item

when RPG::Item

items[item] = 0 if items[item].nil?

items[item] += 1

when RPG::Weapon

weapons[item] = 0 if weapons[item].nil?

weapons[item] += 1

when RPG::Armor

armours[item] = 0 if armours[item].nil?

armours[item] += 1

end

end

items = items.sort { |a,b| a[0].id <=> b[0].id }

weapons = weapons.sort { |a,b| a[0].id <=> b[0].id }

armours = armours.sort { |a,b| a[0].id <=> b[0].id }

for key in items; @goods[key[0]] = key[1]; @data.push(key[0]); end

for key in weapons; @goods[key[0]] = key[1]; @data.push(key[0]); end

for key in armours; @goods[key[0]] = key[1]; @data.push(key[0]); end

end

# draw_item

def draw_item(index)

item = @data[index]

rect = item_rect(index)

reset_font_settings

if item.nil?

draw_gold(rect)

return

end

rect.width -= 4

draw_item_name(item, rect.x, rect.y, true, rect.width - 24)

draw_item_number(rect, item)

end

# draw_gold

def draw_gold(rect)

text = Vocab.currency_unit

draw_currency_value(@gold, text, rect.x, rect.y, rect.width)

end

# draw_item_number

def draw_item_number(rect, item)

number = @goods[item].group

if $imported["YEA-AdjustLimits"]

contents.font.size = YEA::LIMIT::ITEM_FONT

text = sprintf(YEA::LIMIT::ITEM_PREFIX, number)

draw_text(rect, text, 2)

else

draw_text(rect, sprintf(":%s", number), 2)

end

end

end # Window_VictorySpoils

# ■ Scene_Battle

class Scene_Battle < Scene_Base

# alias method: create_all_windows

alias scene_battle_create_all_windows_va create_all_windows

def create_all_windows

scene_battle_create_all_windows_va

create_victory_aftermath_windows

end

# new method: create_victory_aftermath_windows

def create_victory_aftermath_windows

@victory_title_window = Window_VictoryTitle.new

@victory_exp_window_back = Window_VictoryEXP_Back.new

@victory_exp_window_front = Window_VictoryEXP_Front.new

@victory_level_window = Window_VictoryLevelUp.new

@victory_level_skills = Window_VictorySkills.new

@victory_spoils_window = Window_VictorySpoils.new

end

# new method: show_victory_display_exp

def show_victory_display_exp

@victory_title_window.open

name = $game_party.battle_members[0].name

fmt = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::TOP_TEAM

name = sprintf(fmt, name) if $game_party.battle_members.size > 1

fmt = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::TOP_VICTORY_TEXT

text = sprintf(fmt, name)

@victory_title_window.refresh(text)

#---

@victory_exp_window_back.open

@victory_exp_window_back.refresh

@victory_exp_window_front.open

@victory_exp_window_front.refresh

end

# new method: show_victory_level_up

def show_victory_level_up(actor, temp_actor)

@victory_exp_window_back.hide

@victory_exp_window_front.hide

#---

fmt = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::TOP_LEVEL_UP

text = sprintf(fmt, actor.name)

#---

@victory_level_window.show

@victory_level_window.refresh(actor, temp_actor)

@victory_level_skills.show

@victory_level_skills.refresh(actor, temp_actor)

end

# new method: show_victory_spoils

def show_victory_spoils(gold, drops)

@victory_exp_window_back.hide

@victory_exp_window_front.hide

@victory_level_window.hide

@victory_level_skills.hide

#---

text = YEA::VICTORY_AFTERMATH::TOP_SPOILS

#---

@victory_spoils_window.show

@victory_spoils_window.make(gold, drops)

end

# new method: close_victory_windows

def close_victory_windows

@victory_title_window.close

@victory_exp_window_back.close

@victory_exp_window_front.close

@victory_level_window.close

@victory_level_skills.close

@victory_spoils_window.close

wait(16)

end

end # Scene_Battle

# ▼ End of File

19. Zalerinian

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    class Game_actor < Game_Character attr_accessor :game_variables[5]

alias zale_actor_init_587vgnmdi3 initialize

def initialize(name)

case actor.name

when 'Eric'

@game_variables = 2

when 'Ryoma'

@game_variables = 3

when 'Ernest'

@game_variables = 2

when 'Terence'

@game_variables = 2

when 'Isabelle'

@game_variables = 4

when 'Alice'

@game_variables = 4

when 'Noah'

@game_variables = 3

else

@game_variables = 7

end

zale_actor_init_587vgnmdi3(name)

end

end
    So. Ooops. My bad. I didn't actually look it up and guessed that Game_Actor < Game_Character. It's actually Game_Actor < Game_Battler, so try fixing that :x

20. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    it can't change the variables, because @game_variables is NOT one of the game's general variables. I said you could try to change this to $game_variables[5] to see if that works.

But without the array indicator [5] there is no variable to change. And it's also a difference wether you start that piece of code with @ or with $.

And yes, there was a mixup - my variant of the code would have gone to another part of the script.

But please test with Zalerinians correction of the class and the correction of $game_variables[5] first, perhaps that might work...