Ryptide

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ok here is my problem, I try to make something on RPGmaker XP so im making an event npc, a mascot for my games to "help" players. of course my mascot will break fourth wall a little. but im using this npc to modify the players stats like how in another unrelated game there was this character that coulddo this for a certain amount of ingame money.

I really want to do this but I am at a loss at how to do it since im not fluent with ruby....Any ideas and lines I could experiment with?

MasterLagger

Odder than Odd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does RPG Maker XP have an event command called 'Change Parameters' when you're editing an event? Because I think that might be what you're looking for.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RPG Maker XP Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

You don't need to use a script. XP has event commands that let you change an actor's class, name, skills, equipment, parameters, graphic and more. Just have your "mascot" NPC ask the player questions and offer choices, then depending on the choices use those commands to set up the actor's stats.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThePyroMan8