Ryptide

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ok here is my problem, I try to make something on RPGmaker XP so im making an event npc, a mascot for my games to "help" players. of course my mascot will break fourth wall a little. but im using this npc to modify the players stats like how in another unrelated game there was this character that coulddo this for a certain amount of ingame money.

I really want to do this but I am at a loss at how to do it since im not fluent with ruby....Any ideas and lines I could experiment with?

MasterLagger

Odder than Odd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does RPG Maker XP have an event command called 'Change Parameters' when you're editing an event? Because I think that might be what you're looking for.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RPG Maker XP Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

You don't need to use a script. XP has event commands that let you change an actor's class, name, skills, equipment, parameters, graphic and more. Just have your "mascot" NPC ask the player questions and offer choices, then depending on the choices use those commands to set up the actor's stats.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol
WE ARE THE BORG. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
D2R save files are so broken. how was the beta test better then the full release. blizzard's last hope crashed and burned.
they're getting no more chances from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keda27