bg400

AKA WriterStudios (avatar made by DrQuack64)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making a Mario RPG game where he has a jump attack. I'm trying to have the game play a sound effect as he starts the attack. But when I go to test it out, I get this....
problem.png

Can anyone help me out....?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you actually have a file called play Jump (Attack).ogg in your SE folder?

Get rid of the the spaces from the file names - they're not allowed under most networking rules. The parentheses might also cause problems, but go for the spaces first. Remember to change any place they're used in-game as well.

bg400

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you actually have a file called play Jump (Attack).ogg in your SE folder?

Get rid of the the spaces from the file names - they're not allowed under most networking rules. The parentheses might also cause problems, but go for the spaces first. Remember to change any place they're used in-game as well.
Okay, thank you, that seemed to work. It wasn't working before for some reason, even though it was just "Jump" before, but it is now.

bg400

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, now I'm having even MORE problems.... a sound I put in with an animation isn't even playing.... to anyone who stumbles onto this again, can I get any help...?

GachaPringle

Potato Chip Master
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, now I'm having even MORE problems.... a sound I put in with an animation isn't even playing.... to anyone who stumbles onto this again, can I get any help...?
I'm not experienced but the only thing I can think of is that you have played the sound on a non-existent frame or one near the end of the animation which will cut the sound short (i think). I'm honestly useless. I'll try looking into the problem. I'm probably asking dumb questions so sorry if I wasted your time/looked stupid.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Back to writing music for Stormrite! This is "Moonlight," a piece of ambient exploration music :)

Honestly, I cannot stop thinking about the whole elves vs anthros argument I had a while ago, because apparently I'm supposed to prefer what are usually elitist superhumans who "care about nature" but never actually do anything for it and live where nature is effectively stealing from nature over colorful, diverse and aesthetically entertaining animal designs because most people don't write well or care about looks.
7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1234ddfg