Okay so um, can anyone help me please with this Yanfly Main Menu thing? I want to make a new button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vessynessy20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow. Archiea must be going through alot, losing her sister and dealing with this kind of treatment
Also @Vessynessy20 stop gaslighting. Just move on
I am NOT gaslighting, don't acccuse people of horrible things for no real reason. I'm sorry I'm upset, I'm sorry I'm frustrated! But that doesn't mean you people can start ****ing namecalling and insulting me! I'm SORRY! Okay? jesus. STOP IT. How are YOU not gaslighting ME by responding to my simple expressions of frustration with a lack of help by throwing out some line about a person's personal tragedies? What does THAT even have to do with the subject at hand? With a game forum help thread? Nothing! So don't you throw that crap at me. It doesn't have any relevance here except to try and make me feel bad or some ****. You cut out your gaslighting.

Vessynessy20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The video does say, as the very first thing, that it's not an easy plugin to set up.

Being new and not knowing how to do stuff is fine. Jumping at someone when they start asking things and making suggestions is not.

Just remember when you post, that people are here to help, and they generally WANT to help. If you've been struggling with something for some time and not able to figure it out, try not to let your frustration affect the way you respond to them. If you can manage that, they'll be more patient with you, and will hang around trying to help you sort the issue out.

I didn't jump at anyone! I wasn't directing my comments at anyone! I was just expressing my feelings at the time! I'm sorry! I'll just shut up and not voice any dissatisfaction or upset whatsoever then. If that's what you want here.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
by throwing out some line about a person's personal tragedies?
Shaz mentioned why Yanfly stopped making scripts. Archiea is Yanfly. Check out the Github on the VX ace scripts and you'll see she's the main contributer to all of them

Vessynessy20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shaz mentioned why Yanfly stopped making scripts. Archiea is Yanfly. Check out the Github on the VX ace scripts and you'll see she's the main contributer to all of them
Yeah, see, there you go! I had no idea Yanfly or Archiea were the same person. I thought you were talking about the other user from earlier! You people need some real perspective: Not everyone knows everything you do! And signing up here doesn't mean I just magically learn everything instantly! I'm sorry I don't know things. I'm sorry I can't figure out plugins. I'm sorry a 3 minute features video doesn't let me figure everything out! I am. SORRY. But insulting, namecalling, and accusing of freaking gaslighting is way overdramatic and out of line. And whether or not Yanfly lost a sister has NOTHING to do with me being confused over how the plugins and script commands all work. So please DO NOT try that again. It doesn't have a thing to do with the problem. That is actually disgusting gaslighting that YOU accused me of.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Archeia and Yanfly are not the same person. Archeia has asked me for help with scripts in the past. Yanfly would never need my help. Anyone would struggle to keep up with either Archeia's or Yanfly's workload. Nobody would be able to handle both.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Archeia and Yanfly are not the same person.

Are they?

Seriously? I don't think so.
Why is she the main contributer on all of the script github's then on yanfly channel's vx ace scripts?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Oddball Archeia is not Yanfly. You weren't around when Yanfly went on hiatus and Archeia stepped in (as a friend of Yanfly) to make all their Ruby scripts accessible once more by moving them to Github. That is why she features so much there. Archeia releases scripts under her own name e.g. Luna engine, but also a host of other scripts - I use a couple myself. So please do not present an opinion as an incontrovertible fact. In addition, if you do not have a positive suggestion to make, do not post in a thread asking for support, and do not insult people.

@Vessynessy20 We get that hitting a wall on a plugin can be frustrating. We all know from our personal experience that when someone is new to the engine, plugins etc. that the frustration can be hard to handle. However, hitting out at people and calling them names, is not the way to help yourself or others.

@Oddball and @Vessynessy20 We work hard on this forum to ensure that it does not become a toxic pit like so many other sites on the internet. That requires the cooperation of everyone, without exception, to maintain basic standards of courtesy. It is possible to disagree and remain civil at the same time. I suggest you both take a breather. If this thread continues to be so bad tempered I will take it out of public view.

[mod]I am also moving this to Javascript/Plugin Support.[/mod]

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Archeia created the repo and posted them. Doesn't mean she wrote them ;)

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the feeling that the one whos name may not be mentioned, sent us his Padawan?
The Style reminds me strongly of him. :kaoluv: (But this doesnt matter)

We are just normal users like you.

You named Yanfly Videos with kind of attitude Stupid by accident.
But you are exploding when someone mentions the term gas lighting... =)
And you asked in a Way like something is wrong, but it was formulated like an attack where our answer is a protection against that claim. I grown to dislike answering such help questions. =)
and when we do so people who ask like that magically found the solution 3 seconds earlier. thats mostly always the same with them,
in my opinion, the DayZ Forums was full of them, iam not saying you are one of them, i just say avoid appearing like them.

Edit: deleted a little, wrong grammar.

Sorry my english isnt the best and thanks to injury i cant sit very long at the moment. which results in gramma and other errors.
Normaly i would delete this now and not click the sent button. But my weakness is to give the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You may find this old Steam discussion helpful~
https://steamcommunity.com/app/363890/discussions/0/1368380934279205379/

Caethyril said:
The following seemed to work for me (get different responses based on actor selected in menu).

Important plugin parameters for the party chat menu item:

• Ext: 1
  • Main Bind: this.commandPersonal.bind(this)
  • Actor Bind: this.callCommonEvent.call(this)

Just change the Ext number to the ID of your "party chat" common event. Then in the common event itself:

• Control Variables > Set > Script > $gameParty.menuActor()._actorId
    (This stores the selected actor's ID in a variable.)

• Then use Conditional Branch > Variable to separate out the possible party members' replies.

I think you could just use a script condition on the branches if you wanted and avoid having to set the variable; I just prefer to keep script calls to a minimum (keeps things tidier). ^_^'

Reactions: Bex

DMJohn0X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
WHY ARE THERE NO ACTUAL TUTORIALS FOR THIS STUFF?! All the stupid YANFLY videos on Youtube just read like showing off features, there's no actual in depth help with how to use all the plugin commands and notes and crap! :(

You realize the plugin is completely free, right? You may be new here and be a beginner, but getting upset over somebody giving you something for FREE and complaining their Tutorial doesnt handhold enough is beyond entitled. Everyone here understands the frustration of things not working or making sense and racking your brain to problem solve... But thats no reason to be a jerk or get all defensive when being called out for being a jerk.

Try to remember that the title of your thread is asking if someone can please help you, meaning we all clicked on this topic and began reading solely to see if we could provide you with some assistance.

While I cannot, unfortunately, help with this specific addon, I too was rubbed the wrong way by your brazen disrespect for people doing free work for you and the community all because you are flustered.

I hope someone can help you. The only advice I can really offer you is to install Yanfly's addons, then go through her entire playlist of "Tips & Tricks" videos. As they show you all kinds of ways you can use her plugins. Even if its not exactly what you want, simply following them will teach you much as a beginner to where you can begin building upon what is presented on your own.

(PS~ Im a RMMV Novice too, learning. Ive been stuck with trying to figure out how to create a vampire state myself. But sometimes you gotta set things aside for later when youre just learning.)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@DMJohn0X You seem to have missed my request to people to take a breather on this.

[mod]As the request seems to have been solved, and the thread is being derailed and staying acrimonious, I am closing it.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been getting into YuGiOh again!
Gameboy Tiles, Cure Writer's Block, Animations on Menu, Generate Tasks | RPG Maker News #40

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTonyPepperoni