Old Diving Suit VX Ace Char Sheet

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by comedianmasta, Jun 13, 2019.

1. comedianmasta

comedianmasta Steampunk Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello artists.

Today I would like to request a resource to make my game look a little better. I have an underwater section in my game and I am currently using a knight suit as a "diving suit". This close to release, a beta tester told me it takes them right out of it. I figured it's time to try my luck here.

Request: A Char sheet for a diving suit.

RPG Maker: VX Ace

Description: See reference images. I would like an air tank on the back and the helmet needs to be recognizable. Otherwise I don't feel too picky on this.

Stretch Goals: I guess multiple types of suits (see reference images below) or different helmets but at the moment I do not have a need for multiple, that would just be your choice as artists.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Who am I? I am the creator, designer, writer, and all around project lead of a game called Wild Araz which is for the website Citizens of Antiford.com to help show their world to interested parties. The game is almost complete and is in the final stages of development, so all art asset requests are to bring the art used more in-line with in world canon or quality of life improvements.

Terms: Although I need use of these assets for the game, I would like for anything made for this request to still be available for the RPG maker community who has helped and supported me throughout this process. if you, the artist, have any additional terms of use (including the name you want credited) please include that with your final submission of the finished product.

Thank you and have a glorious day

Edit: I'll link to the game project so you know I'm serious:
    https://www.facebook.com/wildaraz/

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  2. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm gonna Bump this in time for the weekend. Waited a week. Added links to some videos showing off the project as well as the facebook page.

3. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    ~Bump it~

4. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    ~ Bump Again.
    If you have any questions, please let me know. I can be more specific if needed.

5. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump

6. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ok, Last Bump.

The Game is supposed to Launch on Saturday (we shall see) so this is my last shot on any finishing touches. Fingers crossed.

7. GalacticGod

GalacticGod Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I never worked on creating a VX Ace character before but I thought I would give it a try for you. Is this kinda what you are looking for:

Diver - Test.png

8. Shiro-chan

Shiro-chan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I thought this to be interesting and got busy in my image editing program. I hope this is satisfactory. I added a tank-less version too. Note that each second char-set has transparency to a sufficient height for water/grass effectery. I think it's better at that size than relying on RPGM's own function. Make sure the file names begin with a "!".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How to use: plug and play; put into Characters folder, name correctly, and go.
    Terms of service: free to use in any way, or modify as you wish, but give credit "Diving Suit/Soviet Power Armour by Shiro-chan".

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Kes likes this.
  9. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Shiro-chan I can't speak for the OP, of course, but I think that is a seriously good sprite. Well done.

10. comedianmasta

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow. I love both of your efforts.
    @GalacticGod I love your version. This was amazingly done. You should consider finishing it, you did a really good job.

However, for now, I will be going with @Shiro-chan as the release of the game is upon me and I need to implement these as soon as possible. I find the hands a little weird but I'm going to plug this into the game and see how it looks. Please let me know, Shiro, if there's a specific way you wish to be credited in the credits.

I love that these were finally done out. Both of these designs are great and I love how they came out. I'm sorry, I had to push back the release of the game and ended up taking a small break at the beach so I missed all of these updates.