Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been digging up obscure game-ready assets with proper author permissions. I'm gonna post ones I think will be universally useful here so other people don't need to dig through 20-year-old image archives. Mostly I'm focusing on things that would be useful as doodads, since I personally love having a lot of map clutter.

The first one I am posting is the

Hide Ito Icon Pack (free to use, credit not required, noncommercial only - if you do credit, credit "Hideki Ito"). He didn't put any limits on editing them in our conversation.

Ito was the #1 artist in the mac icon community back when it was thriving. Dude made tons and tons of really neat art, and won a ton of contests. I talked with him, and he agreed to let me upload a compilation of his art on this forum for anyone to use in (noncommercial) games.

This package has over a thousand individual pieces, all 32x32. A ton of these are perfect as item icons, and depending on scale a lot of them would make for nice map doodads too. These were released in batches of multi-icon sets over the course of a couple years. I've excluded a few icons that are tied to a company's IP (so sadly the 25 furbies aren't making the cut), and stuff that was just like, icons pictures of normal computer folders.

This is a zip file, split into loosely-themed folders, with every individual image as a separate png or gif. Most of the images have descriptive filenames, all filenames should be unique (due to a quirk of converting files from old mac filesystems to modern ones, some of the descriptive filenames were lost).

Generally, these are all modern, everyday recognizable items. Some examples:
Bell:

Cauliflower:

Gas can:

Cowboy hat:

Nail clippers:

A house*:

There's over 300 different food sprites alone.

I'm going to update sporadically whenever I turn up anything else neat. If you come up with a good weird source of free-to-use doodadable stuff I won't mind if you posted a link to it here and made this into a doodad warehouse.

*More on these later. Because of the Icontown project there were a lot of artists doing buildings in this style, size, and perspective, and I might be able to get permission from enough of them to have a whole isometric city.

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any license or ways to use them in commercial project?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for sharing, @Restart. It was also nice to learn a bit about the history of the Mac community. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...
This video really speaks to me...

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the interactive text adenture! Feel free to drop by!
I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgb